Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland should just take their top rated QB with the #1 pick.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will taking Allen help them win games as much as taking DTs like Danny Shelton, Phil Taylor and Gerrard Warren in the first round did?

​The Browns have spent 6 top 100 Draft picks in the last 2 Drafts alone on front 7 players. The Cleveland plan of taking lots of front 7 players and not being able to score points doesn't seem to be producing many wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
      Will taking Allen help them win games as much as taking DTs like Danny Shelton, Phil Taylor and Gerrard Warren in the first round did?
      I think so, considering how Allen can rush the passer better than the DTs you listed. Jonathan Allen, in my opinion, is a blue-collar player, the type of guy they need on that roster.

Throwing the draft board away and taking the top-rated QB from a weak QB class might not help them win games at all.

It's never that simple. We just saw Jared Goff (#1 overall) look completely lost with the Rams while Dak Prescott (pick #135) looks like a veteran. Kirk Cousins is running circles around Robert Griffin. Andrew Luck vs Russell Wilson is a valid debate.

It does not have to be "QB #1 overall or bust". The team pays scouts for a reason. They build that draft board to improve the roster with the best players available.

Can you imagine the Browns passing on Joe Thomas at #3 to draft JaMarcus Russell if he were available?

They passed on Carson Wentz last year. Why would they be interested in a QB from this class with the #1 overall pick?

Anyway, I think the Browns will add a veteran QB to be their starter.

Comment

The strength or weakness of the QB class is not relevant to the Browns. They only need 1 QB, not an entire class of them.

​If a team can find a Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson late, fine, but most franchise QBs right now were drafted in the first round. The Browns have tried going the mid round way numerous times. They ended up with guys like Charlie Fry and Colt McCoy.

​What has Joe Thomas ever helped the Browns win? Having a great left tackle means diddly if he's protecting bad QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
          The strength or weakness of the QB class is not relevant to the Browns. They only need 1 QB, not an entire class of them.

​If a team can find a Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson late, fine, but most franchise QBs right now were drafted in the first round. The Browns have tried going the mid round way numerous times. They ended up with guys like Charlie Fry and Colt McCoy.

​What has Joe Thomas ever helped the Browns win? Having a great left tackle means diddly if he's protecting bad QBs.

Every part of this argument is just terrible. You don't reach for QBs, a LT isn't expected to singularly carry you to wins and dammit you simply don't pass on Myles Garrett in this draft

Comment

Yes, you do 'reach' on QBs.

​People would have thought it was crazy to draft Derek Carr #1 but the Texans would probably give up Clowney and their 2017 1st rounder to get Carr right now.

Comment

I agree. Browns should take Trubisky because he is the best player in the draft, being good and a qb.

Comment

It would be so Browns to pass on Garrett for a QB.
                Taking a Knapp.

Comment

If I was Cleveland I would draft Solomon Thomas first overall. Ideal five technique. He's clean with some great upside, and he can be somewhat scheme diverse. I just think he's going to become one of the best defenders from this draft. He also gives you more pass rush potential compared to Jonathan Allen, who I also like. I don't think Myles Garrett is going to be the next Vernon Gholston, but I doubt he comes anywhere close to his expectations. I think he's going to put up pedestrian sack numbers until he develops some pass rush moves. And I think that will take him a good four years. About the time his rookie contract is set to expire. He's also much better against the run than given credit for. It's actually his strength. I'm more worried about his ability to put consistent pressure on the QB. I only saw flashes here-and-there.

I'd also take TJ Watt with the 12th pick. He has a near identical scouting report compared to Clay Matthews, and way too many teams passed on him because he had the one year of production. He's just physically starting to develop. He has the talent and skill set to become a complete stud. One of my favorite players in this draft.
                  Last edited by BigBanger; 04-27-2017, 08:27 AM.
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                  Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                  I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                  Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                  Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                  I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                  Originally posted by GoRavens
                  Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                    It would be so Browns to pass on Garrett for a QB.
                    This says it all. They had a not-like-Cleveland round tonight.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information