Who's Looking for a QB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Looking for a QB?

With one week left, everyone has seen what their young QBs are or aren't.

Here's where we stand in my estimation...

Definitely Need a QB

-Rams

-Vikings

-Seahawks

Probably Need a QB

-Bills (Brohm? Harvard? Captain Checkdown? They need to re-vamp the OL and find a new coach too so who knows.)

-Redskins (Campbell gets one more shot? I don't know, he's been in the league for a while now.)

-Raiders (But what do they do with humongous Russell and his humongous contract? Disaster situation.)

Maybe Need a QB (???)

-Browns (Trust Quinn? Andersonlol? Holmgren takes Hasselbeck for a year or two?)

-Jaguars (Garrard isn't bad at all, but he's not above average at all either and in that division, you need to be.)

-Broncos (Orton's OK I guess, but could definitely be upgraded. He'll likely be the starter again next season because there aren't too many starter-quality guys available in the draft or free agency.)

-49ers (Is Smith the guy who's going to lead them to the playoffs? Or is he just going to pad his stats against the Rams and Seahawks? He's done well enough to get the nod next year, they won't go after a QB IMO).

-Panthers (Matt Moore played great here down the stretch, and if you go by the last two games he should be the guy going forward on this team. However, you have to wonder how he couldn't beat out Jake Delhomme- maybe it was just terrible coaching decisions, or maybe he's not really as good as his past two starts would lead you to believe. Will Moore be the starter on opening day next year? I don't know, but it'll be tough to find someone else with no first round pick.)

That's 11 teams.

Here are the possible early-taken QBs in the draft and ALL of them have huge question marks and in my estimation only the top two will be considered potential franchise NFL quarterbacks and be drafted in round one...

Name (my projection)

Sam Bradford (top 10)
    Jimmy Clausen (top 10)
    Colt McCoy (2nd-3rd)
    Tim Tebow (2nd-3rd)
    Case Keenum (2nd-3rd)
    Sean Canfield (2nd-3rd)
    Tony Pike (4th-5th)
    Dan LeFevour (5th-6th)

Free agents are Orton, Campbell, Chad Pennington, Tarvaris Jackson, and Kellen Clemens.

Would Philly deal Kevin Kolb? Any other young prospects with bright futures on teams already with a QB worth acquiring? These are the types of things these teams need to look into, because the QB well is nearly dry.

My main point is a lot of teams who need QBs are simply not going to get them this offseason. It could mean more years in the basement for the bottom-dwellers, and the teams with the elite QBs will reign supreme even longer.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

I see Oakland either sticking with Russell, or cutting him and drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th. Tony Pike and Sean Canfield seem like possible picks

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Michael Vick is likely hitting the FA market as well. I imagine some team will take the shot with him (right or wrong).

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Honestly, the Eagles might be willing to deal Kevin Kolb. It's a pretty awkward situation for the Eagles because they have Vick as well. McNabb hasn't shown any signs of his career slowing down either so Kolb might want out to get a starting job elsewhere. Vick will definitely want out to get a starting job elsewhere though.

If the Eagles lose Kolb, they will definitely keep Vick.

Comment

I'd throw the Colts in the maybe list. Like, they like to rest their starters... and they booed Curtis Painter.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
            Honestly, the Eagles might be willing to deal Kevin Kolb. It's a pretty awkward situation for the Eagles because they have Vick as well. McNabb hasn't shown any signs of his career slowing down either so Kolb might want out to get a starting job elsewhere. Vick will definitely want out to get a starting job elsewhere though.

If the Eagles lose Kolb, they will definitely keep Vick.
            I don't know which of the two QBs the Eagles would want to ship though? I mean Kolb is the Eagle's future and McNabb is an oft injured star who is now reaching the Mid 30's with his long long LONG injury history it might be wiser do shop McNabb and not Kolb.
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I'd put my money on the Eagles trading Vick, not Kolb.

Comment

Originally posted by eagles6606 View Post
                I'd put my money on the Eagles trading Vick, not Kolb.
                Problem is, Eagles cant really trade Vick. Vick is on a one year contract with a team option for the 2nd year. So either the Eagles are going to keep him for the 2nd year or let him walk.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                  I don't know which of the two QBs the Eagles would want to ship though? I mean Kolb is the Eagle's future and McNabb is an oft injured star who is now reaching the Mid 30's with his long long LONG injury history it might be wiser do shop McNabb and not Kolb.
                  Eagles do not want to get rid of Kolb, but he will probably walk anyways. He wants a starting position in the league, and the Eagles wont be giving him that any time soon.

McNabb wont get shopped around because Andy Reid built the offense around him. McNabb is finishing his career in Philadelphia, or at least playing for us for the next 2-3 seasons.

I would like Vick to stay and to keep learning. He is valuable in the wildcat as well. He seems to be getting back in NFL shape now.

Comment

With the contract he has, Vick is getting released.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                      -Redskins (Campbell gets one more shot? I don't know, he's been in the league for a while now.)
                      Time for the Redskins to unleash Colt Brennan :)

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
                        Time for the Redskins to unleash Colt Brennan :)
                        Colt 'the Fury' Brennan! FTW!!!

also I'm not really sure the panthers deserve to be on that list. Matt Moore has played extremely well and him not beating out Delhomme had a lot to do with Fox believing in Delhomme very strongly and Delhomme's contract numbers.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Eagles do not want to get rid of Kolb, but he will probably walk anyways. He wants a starting position in the league, and the Eagles wont be giving him that any time soon.
                          That is unless they trade McNabb or he gets hurt again.

McNabb wont get shopped around because Andy Reid built the offense around him. McNabb is finishing his career in Philadelphia, or at least playing for us for the next 2-3 seasons.
                          Sure the offense was "built around McNabb" but it isn't like he's the only one who can run that offense. Every backup the Eagles have had (with some exceptions) have been able to run the offense with time. So I don't really see the Eagles as being forced to keep him around.

I would like Vick to stay and to keep learning. He is valuable in the wildcat as well. He seems to be getting back in NFL shape now.
                          I don't know what value Vick has had in the wildcat. I mean in theory he does because he can run a bit and throw the ball kinda but I havn't seen Vick have many good plays in his limited snaps this year.
                          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                            That is unless they trade McNabb or he gets hurt again.

Sure the offense was "built around McNabb" but it isn't like he's the only one who can run that offense. Every backup the Eagles have had (with some exceptions) have been able to run the offense with time. So I don't really see the Eagles as being forced to keep him around.

I don't know what value Vick has had in the wildcat. I mean in theory he does because he can run a bit and throw the ball kinda but I havn't seen Vick have many good plays in his limited snaps this year.
                            Vick has had an impact from the wildcat later in season because he is still shaking off the rust and playing himself back into shape. He came to the Eagles about 15 pounds overweight and seemed like he lost a couple steps, and now he has to get all that back.

McNabb is not getting shopped around this offseason. He is finally fully recovered from his ACL injury and playing like one of the best. The Eagles arent forced to keep him around because this team can win games on its own, but they would need McNabb for a SB.

Kevin Kolb was very impressive in his two starts earlier this season. I think he is fully capable of helping this team win some games, but I want McNabb starting right now. But like you said, injuries may happen to McNabb and then I'll have to reassess the QB situation then, but until then McNabb is not on the block and is the starting QB for the Eagles until his current contract is up.

Comment

I would take Seattle out of the need column. They have Hasselbeck for one more year, have a project in Mike Teel and the big fish is Jake Locker who they'll mortgage the future for next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information