Riley Cooper Wants to Play in NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
    He doesnt look like a polished route runner just yet so even with his blazing speed i doubt he gets near the 1st round. Matt Jones did it but teams might look at that result as a negative.
    I think Matt Jones is even more freaky then Cooper, Jones was 6'6 and 242lbs when he ran that 4.37, which has never been done before or since for that matter. There are a few, not many, at Cooper's 6'3ish height that have run sub 4.4, so the OMG factor, even if he breaks 4.4, won't be there like it was for Jones. BTW its a disgrace that Jones is not in the league anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowPatrol View Post
      I think Matt Jones is even more freaky then Cooper, Jones was 6'6 and 242lbs when he ran that 4.37, which has never been done before or since for that matter. There are a few, not many, at Cooper's 6'3ish height that have run sub 4.4, so the OMG factor, even if he breaks 4.4, won't be there like it was for Jones. BTW its a disgrace that Jones is not in the league anymore.
      how is it a disgrace? He forced himself out of the league with his coke issues. And who is it a disgrace?

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        how is it a disgrace? He forced himself out of the league with his coke issues. And who is it a disgrace?
        Good to know there are zero players in the league that have never done drugs. Nice to see they've cleaned that up.

Comment

I really, really, really like Riley Cooper. The speed is legit. His hands and route running aren't always all there, but they aren't bad either. We'll see. Florida wide receivers are traditionally fools gold, but Harvin and Murphy have looked damn good so far. No reason to think Cooper can't have similar success.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Its a disgrace to the racist followers of white football players

Comment

Dallas newspaper suggested he would be a 4th or 5th round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                Good to know there are zero players in the league that have never done drugs. Nice to see they've cleaned that up.
                I never said their aren't players who have drug problems. The NFL does try and help these player, by keeping them in the substance abuse program. But if the slip up they are obviously gonna be on their way out.

Comment

i dont see him in the nfl, primarily cause he's white...... what?

Comment

I never said their aren't players who have drug problems. The NFL does try and help these player, by keeping them in the substance abuse program. But if the slip up they are obviously gonna be on their way out.
                    Agree. Jones may be his own worst enemy. His latest screwup was actually beer related. My guess is he'll get a chance next year but needs to show he's serious about the NFL. After the Eagles gave Michael Vick a second chance i figure it applies to just about everyone else.

As for where Cooper will go in the draft, seeing where Darius Heyward Bey was chosen based pretty much soley on size and speed, i can see Cooper's stock soaring for the same reason. Coopers numbers at Florida this year were clearly better than DHB's last year Maryland.

Comment

Originally posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
                      Dallas newspaper suggested he would be a 4th or 5th round pick.
                      No. Most likely he will be gone by the late 2nd.

Comment

I think the guy made one mistake, Vick got another chance, Adam Jones got another chance, why not Matt Jones?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                          Its a disgrace to the racist followers of white football players
                          What the hell is that comment about????????????? I didn't say ANYTHING about Jones being white! If you like a player that happens to be white your a racist???????? I guess you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, so I will let that go, besides your a mod and i just signed up, so whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowPatrol View Post
                            I think the guy made one mistake, Vick got another chance, Adam Jones got another chance, why not Matt Jones?
                            Matt Jones got caught with coke more than once.

Regarding Cooper, I think he could be a solid slot reciever who could develop into a solid number 2. The Florida track record of recievers is not good, but it seems like Harvin and Murphy are breaking that.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post

Regarding Cooper, I think he could be a solid slot reciever who could develop into a solid number 2. The Florida track record of recievers is not good, but it seems like Harvin and Murphy are breaking that.
                              You don't put height, long speed, and unrefined route running in the slot.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post

How does a 6'3 215lbs burner best "project" to the slot, and not on the outside where he can use his speed?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information