Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riley Cooper Wants to Play in NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    He's not what is viewed as a prototypical slot receiver today. Not in the Welker/Bess mold at all. He reminds me a bit of Miles Austin from a height/speed perspective(although I don't think he'll run 4.29 haha). If all goes right with him and he develops well, I could see him being a similar player.

    R.I.P. Junior Seau

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by SnowPatrol View Post
      I think the guy made one mistake, Vick got another chance, Adam Jones got another chance, why not Matt Jones?
      Mike Vick was a pro Bowler, PacMan was very promising, Matt Jones was a bust.


      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        how is it a disgrace? He forced himself out of the league with his coke issues. And who is it a disgrace?
        I would say to himself. He has all the talent in the world and all the second chances needed. Yet, he pissed it away...

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
          He's not what is viewed as a prototypical slot receiver today. Not in the Welker/Bess mold at all. He reminds me a bit of Miles Austin from a height/speed perspective(although I don't think he'll run 4.29 haha). If all goes right with him and he develops well, I could see him being a similar player.
          He ran a 4.47 at the combine...I'll never understand why people would take Pro Day times over combine times...

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
            Mike Vick was a pro Bowler, PacMan was very promising, Matt Jones was a bust.
            Ummm no,

            #1 Vick sucked, currently sucks, always will suck. He was nothing more then an ESPN media hype job.

            #2. Adam Jones had one decent year, just like Matt Jones, then went on to commit one violent crime after another, and the only reason he is out of the league right now is because he ummmm SUCKS.

            #3 Matt Jones had a great year, was really coming on, the light went on, and then, he made a DUMB mistake, and now is blacklisted. I just find it hard to believe that the NFL's fastest man IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE (this is not my opinion, its a fact based on his 4.37 combine time in the 40 yard dash)over 240lbs is not wanted on any NFL team unless that directive is sent from the top.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
              He ran a 4.47 at the combine...I'll never understand why people would take Pro Day times over combine times...
              lol I know right, he ran a 4.29 34 yard dash...lol

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                Matt Jones got caught with coke more than once.


                Regarding Cooper, I think he could be a solid slot reciever who could develop into a solid number 2. The Florida track record of recievers is not good, but it seems like Harvin and Murphy are breaking that.
                Even though it was too early to tell and he was more of a TE, Cornelious Ingram was slated to get some quality PT for the Eagles too. I hope he recovers

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by SnowPatrol View Post
                  #3 Matt Jones had a great year, was really coming on, the light went on, and then, he made a DUMB mistake, and now is blacklisted. I just find it hard to believe that the NFL's fastest man IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE (this is not my opinion, its a fact based on his 4.37 combine time in the 40 yard dash)over 240lbs is not wanted on any NFL team unless that directive is sent from the top.
                  I'm a Jags fan and this is just lol. He did NOT have a great year he had an ok year because the only other receiving options were Reggie Williams (out of football) and, um... Dennis Northcutt? He's not fast. He's slow. If you've ever seen him run on a football field you'd know that. He has no interest in playing football or improving in any way. He does not want to go over the middle. He does not want to use two hands to catch a ball because that would leave his body exposed. He does not want silly rules to get in the way of his fun.
                  Twitter

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by SnowPatrol View Post
                    Ummm no,

                    #1 Vick sucked, currently sucks, always will suck. He was nothing more then an ESPN media hype job.

                    #2. Adam Jones had one decent year, just like Matt Jones, then went on to commit one violent crime after another, and the only reason he is out of the league right now is because he ummmm SUCKS.

                    #3 Matt Jones had a great year, was really coming on, the light went on, and then, he made a DUMB mistake, and now is blacklisted. I just find it hard to believe that the NFL's fastest man IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE (this is not my opinion, its a fact based on his 4.37 combine time in the 40 yard dash)over 240lbs is not wanted on any NFL team unless that directive is sent from the top.
                    1) Vick won lots of games, and really only had minor issues before the dog fighting.

                    2) Pac Man had lockdown potential, and actually flashed it

                    3) Wasn't Calvin Johnson 239 like Jones was at the combine, and didn't he run a faster 40? Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 at like 260.

                    Also, Matt Jones having "all the talent in the world" is a sham. He's really tall, and really fast in a straight line,that's not all the talent in the world, it's a piece to the puzzle, and his stiff hips, lack of receiver skills, and coke habit make his other attributes pretty useless.
                    Originally posted by SNIPER26
                    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Dude, please, remember when the media propaganda was to blame the passing woes on the Falcons on their "terrible" receivers. Gee, what happened when Matt Ryan got there hmmm? They looked pretty good to me. Roddy White became a Pro bowl receiver. The problem was Vick sucked, they won a lot of games despite him, not because of him. As far as Jones/Johnson 40 time comparison. Johnson ran a 4.35 at 239lbs and Jones ran 4.37 @ 242lbs, on a slower track. Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 @ 253lbs, but again, on a faster track. Jones needs a chance, if he gets that, I think he could put up huge numbers.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Jones can't put up huge numbers because he doesn't want to.
                        Twitter

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by SnowPatrol View Post
                          Dude, please, remember when the media propaganda was to blame the passing woes on the Falcons on their "terrible" receivers. Gee, what happened when Matt Ryan got there hmmm? They looked pretty good to me. Roddy White became a Pro bowl receiver. The problem was Vick sucked, they won a lot of games despite him, not because of him. As far as Jones/Johnson 40 time comparison. Johnson ran a 4.35 at 239lbs and Jones ran 4.37 @ 242lbs, on a slower track. Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 @ 253lbs, but again, on a faster track. Jones needs a chance, if he gets that, I think he could put up huge numbers.
                          I love this argument.

                          So Chris Redman is a better quarterback than Mike Vick? Roddy White had his his breakout year and first 1000 yard season with Byron Leftwich and Chris Redman throwing him the football.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by SnowPatrol View Post
                            Ummm no,

                            #1 Vick sucked, currently sucks, always will suck. He was nothing more then an ESPN media hype job.

                            #2. Adam Jones had one decent year, just like Matt Jones, then went on to commit one violent crime after another, and the only reason he is out of the league right now is because he ummmm SUCKS.

                            #3 Matt Jones had a great year, was really coming on, the light went on, and then, he made a DUMB mistake, and now is blacklisted. I just find it hard to believe that the NFL's fastest man IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE (this is not my opinion, its a fact based on his 4.37 combine time in the 40 yard dash)over 240lbs is not wanted on any NFL team unless that directive is sent from the top.
                            Pacman Jones was not considered a bust when he was actually on the field, even as a Top 10 pick, Matt Jones certainly was. Jones wasn't a terrible player, but for a player drafted in the first round, he was a disappointment. Who cares how fast he was at 242 pounds. He's down at 218 and isn't any faster. Calvin Johnson ran a 4.35 at 239, and he's definitely a bit faster on the field. Jones never was able to become a natural receiver though struggling through sometimes shaky route running, inconsistent hands and focus, and was plagued largely by sheer mediocrity.

                            Also, nhlkdog, Pro Day times are very often used. Michael Mitchell didn't get drafted in the second round for the 40 he ran at the Combine, but the performance he put on in Athens at last year's Pro Day. Often times players will train harder specifically on the 40 yard dash for their Pro Day, motivated by the need to either improve their time, or simply only really try once. I've said before that 40 yard dashes (and most Combine-type numbers) are like the SAT, you only really keep the highest grade. If you're not too big on the draft process, I must inform you that Pro Day's are important and often close to, equal to, or of greater importance than college all-star weeks or the NFL Combine. As long as you know the weather/field conditions and the surface performed on, Pro Day numbers can easily be used.

                            big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                              Pacman Jones was not considered a bust when he was actually on the field, even as a Top 10 pick, Matt Jones certainly was. Jones wasn't a terrible player, but for a player drafted in the first round, he was a disappointment. Who cares how fast he was at 242 pounds. He's down at 218 and isn't any faster. Calvin Johnson ran a 4.35 at 239, and he's definitely a bit faster on the field. Jones never was able to become a natural receiver though struggling through sometimes shaky route running, inconsistent hands and focus, and was plagued largely by sheer mediocrity.

                              Also, nhlkdog, Pro Day times are very often used. Michael Mitchell didn't get drafted in the second round for the 40 he ran at the Combine, but the performance he put on in Athens at last year's Pro Day. Often times players will train harder specifically on the 40 yard dash for their Pro Day, motivated by the need to either improve their time, or simply only really try once. I've said before that 40 yard dashes (and most Combine-type numbers) are like the SAT, you only really keep the highest grade. If you're not too big on the draft process, I must inform you that Pro Day's are important and often close to, equal to, or of greater importance than college all-star weeks or the NFL Combine. As long as you know the weather/field conditions and the surface performed on, Pro Day numbers can easily be used.
                              The reason Pro Day times are stupid is that most are hand timed and most are on fast (or in some cases even sloped) surfaces..the combine is an even playing field and thus the ONLY good way to compare 40 times...unless your hurt or not there your Pro Day time shouldn't really be a factor relative to your combine time.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
                                The reason Pro Day times are stupid is that most are hand timed and most are on fast (or in some cases even sloped) surfaces..the combine is an even playing field and thus the ONLY good way to compare 40 times...unless your hurt or not there your Pro Day time shouldn't really be a factor relative to your combine time.
                                Well that's not true and history backs me up there. Pro Day times can be very significant, and what players do there is often more stock influencing than their post-season all-star game or the NFL Combine. Michael Mitchell went from an Undrafted Free Agent prospect to a Second Round pick based on hand timed, first-hand evaluation, at Ohio University's Pro Day, one that I was lucky enough to attend myself.

                                Pro Day times can be very legitimate... if they are run on fast surfaces, you factor that in. If they are ran on a slope or with a 15 mph wind at their back, it's factored in when looking at the relevant numbers. "Beanie" Wells in all reality ran an electronically timed 4.34 at his pro day. Now, we know Ohio State's surface is fast, so it's appropriate to add .1 seconds despite the fact that teammate Brian Robiskie ran even faster at the Combine than in Columbus. Wells' 40 time, accurately, was 4.44-4.47, certainly not the 4.59 he ran in Indianapolis.. saying otherwise would be hilariously juvenile, biased, and well, flat out incorrect.

                                Many prospects have ran a crappy Combine time, but bounced back, prepared differently and ran better at their Pro Day. Their stock certainly is aided if that's the case, so you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone here that Pro Day times are irrelevant (especially to the NFL.) I know you'd change your tune if Toby ran a 4.61 at the Combine, then a 4.48 at his Pro Day.

                                big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                                - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                                www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information