Players That Didn't Get a Combine Invite:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players That Didn't Get a Combine Invite:

Sure it is going to happen but a few of these guys I really think should have been invited.

Sorry if there are any errors, but according to the list I was looking at these players were not invited.

Rich Gunnell Boston College
    Freddie Barnes Bowling Green
    Robert Johnson Utah
    Tim Brown Rutgers
    Jake Ballard Ohio State
    Cody Slate Marshall
    Chris Stewart Notre Dame
    O'Brien Schofield Wisconsin
    Damaso Munoz Rutgers
    Cory Reamer Alabama
    Rico McCoy Tennessee

Biggest standout to me is Rich Gunnell, he is easily better than half the receiver that were invited to the combine, same thing can be said with Freddie Barnes. Then you have Robert Johnson, what do people not like about this kid, he is a damn good player, and a fine athlete, how is he not one of the top 5 FS's in the draft?

Jake Ballard is another one, actually a tight end that can block, and block well, can also catch the ball and has a big frame. Then there is Schofield, easily one of the top 5 OLB 3/4 prospects out there in my book, can really get to the quarterback and is a great athlete.

Sure these players will show what they can do on pro days, but still some should have been invited.

Surprised Rico McCoy didnt get an invite. I remember not too long ago he was being mocked as a possible second rounder

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Seriously, Robert Johnson didn't get an invite? That's amazing.

Comment

How the hell did Rico McCoy NOT get an invite??
        RIP Sean Taylor....

MarkieMark's dream 2010 Redskins mock: Updated 4/9
        TRAAAADE DOOOOWN
        Round 1- OT Brian Bulaga- Iowa
        Round 4- OT Sam Young- Notre Damn
        Round 5- C John Estes- Hawaii
        Round 7- RB/WR/KR/PR Trindon Holliday- LSU

Comment

Just a reminder: Be very careful about posting links to rival drafts sites. That's a big no-non and a major infraction. I will be posting the official Combine invite list on the site when it's released. There isn't an official list right now. Players are still being added this month.
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Just a reminder: Be very careful about posting links to rival drafts sites. That's a big no-non and a major infraction. I will be posting the official Combine invite list on the site when it's released. There isn't an official list right now. Players are still being added this month.
            That is understandable, this was in reply to the thread that has been deleted. Thought it was interesting, and hopefully players will still be named because no Gunnell or Johnson is ridiculous! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
              Surprised Rico McCoy didnt get an invite. I remember not too long ago he was being mocked as a possible second rounder
              I was just asking myself the other day why nobody was talking about him anymore.

It's a shame Barnes wasn't invited.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                This is the only site (that I am on &know of) that has this rule.

Comment

Wow, some good prospects on that list Freddie Barnes, O'Brien Schofield & Rico McCoy

Comment

No Joe Pawelek surprises me also, all the guy do is make plays.

Comment

No Joe Pawelek surprises me also, all the guy do is make plays.
                      Very true, especially considering at ILB there are not that many prospects to speak of.

I am glad Minnesota got a few players invited with Nate Triplett and Simoni Lawrence, both deserving of it, especially Triplett with the year he had.

Comment

What about Jake Sharp from Kansas, there are reports that he is a sub 4.3 guy, did he get an invite?

Comment

What about Jake Sharp from Kansas, there are reports that he is a sub 4.3 guy, did he get an invite?
                          Now that, I would not be surprised about...no offense.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowPatrol View Post
                            I heard he has NEVER fumbled.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                              I heard he has NEVER fumbled.
                              Montario Hardesty has never fumbled.

And I'll be shocked if Rico McCoy doesn't get an invite. He's a legit mid-round talent.
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information