Alabama backfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama backfield

After watching last nights National Championship I have a new found interest in Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram.

I do however pose this question....Which back has better pro potential? Who has the higher ceiling?

Also backfield related, does McElroy have anyshot as being a 3rd stringer in the NFL? Or will he earn that Rhodes Scholarship that was talked about last night?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Richardson unquestionably has the higher ceiling, it should be interesting to see next year if Ingram can retain primary back duties, even with the Heisman on his resume.

Comment

Trent Richardson is probably the best NFL draft prospect of anyone in the country right now. I would be shocked if he wasn't a first round pick in two years. He's not on Adrian Peterson's level as a prospect but I think he would be on that second tier.

Mark Ingram is also a great prospect in his own right though. I wish for his sake he could declare this year, I think his stock will slip a little just because it would be impossible for him to build much more hype for himself. That being said he'll still probably be a first round pick too but could slip down into the second with a poor year. His vision is outstanding and he just seems to bowl over defenders with ease. He doesn't have great speed but it's good enough. I don't know how he won't be at least a good back in the NFL.

So I would say Richardson has the higher potential and ceiling but Ingram shouldn't be overlooked at all, he's a great prospect in his own right.

Comment

The above statement.

Trent Richardson is the best prospect of any running back in the nation.

He already has the size of a starter at the next level and has room to get bigger while maintaining that great speed that he has.

He has the ability to be a Top 10 pick some day.

If Ingram could have declared after this year, he probably would have because Richardson is going to blow up next season.

Ingram is a 1st-2nd round pick nonetheless.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Ingram and Richarson are both studs, they both are talented and run violently. Personally, I am a huge Richardson fan. I think he could be a top 10 guy in the future. Ingram isn't quite the physical talent that Richardson is but few are, those two along with Ryan Williams will be big time prospects.

Comment

Am I the only one who sees a lot of Maurice Clarett in Ingram? Obviously Clarett got messed up so not much can be taken from his failure in the NFL, but I think they are very similar college players.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
              Ingram and Richarson are both studs, they both are talented and run violently. Personally, I am a huge Richardson fan. I think he could be a top 10 guy in the future. Ingram isn't quite the physical talent that Richardson is but few are, those two along with Ryan Williams will be big time prospects.
              :) sooo true.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Give me the guy who in the season had over 1000 yards after contact. Just a beast man!

Comment

Roy Upchurch is also a sleeper prospect. I actually think he's going to be a successful 3rd down back in the NFL. He's got good size at 6'0 205. He's explosive and I love the way he hits the hole. He also runs hard and doesn't go down easily. He's elusive and can make guys miss in open field. He also is a very solid pass blocker and receiver out the backfield which are huge as far as making a team and being a good 3rd down back.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
                    Am I the only one who sees a lot of Maurice Clarett in Ingram? Obviously Clarett got messed up so not much can be taken from his failure in the NFL, but I think they are very similar college players.
                    i think ingram is quicker, faster and more physical... a rcsh mans clarett i guess but clarett was very slow by the time he hit the pros

Comment

Ingram has sure looked damn good in the times I've seen him play this year. I mind him winning the Heisman over Gerhart a little bit less now anyway...

He runs with tremendous power and has great balance to go along with great vision. I've been trying to think of a good comparison to him, but no one real clear cut is coming to mind...I definitely think he could go in the mid-late first round. Not an elite prospect but a guy who could come into an NFL team, be the primary ball carrier, and rack up 1200 yards a season for a good number of years.

Richardson looks to be a great compliment to Ingram for next year. His top end speed definitely looks better, but I haven't really seen too much of him.

Comment

McElroy has not lost a game since 8th grade, while being the starting Qb.

Comment

Trent Richardson is a special player. We are going to be talking about him in the same class as Adrian Peterson and Darren McFadden in two years.

Comment

If Knowshon Moreno can go at 12 than so could Ingram! There both very very good running backs.

Comment

Trent Richardson is the better talent. I agree with the other posters who said he's the best RB prospect in NCAA right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information