Taylor Mays to Seattle a lock?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Mays to Seattle a lock?

When Carroll is announced as the Seattle Seahawks HC, this has got to be the lock of the century. Thoughts?

I heard he's going to make a play for Bush and Leinart too,( not gonna happen!).

I don't think Carroll's stint in Seattle will be a winning one. He may have overrated his coaching ability because he's had top 5 recruiting classes year after year.
    If Carroll snuck out of town like a rat before the NCAA dropped the hammer on USC, I will lose all respect for what he built at Southern Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
      I heard he's going to make a play for Bush and Leinart too,( not gonna happen!).

I don't think Carroll's stint in Seattle will be a winning one. He may have overrated his coaching ability because he's had top 5 recruiting classes year after year.
      If Carroll snuck out of town like a rat before the NCAA dropped the hammer on USC, I will lose all respect for what he built at Southern Cal.
      There's another thread to voice that opinion. In the NFL forum.

But it definitely will be interesting when he passes up on his former players in the draft.

Comment

That's going into some interesting territory there D-Unit. It kind of reminded me of Jimmy Johnson getting to coach Michael Irvin with the Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by kumar3112 View Post
          That's going into some interesting territory there D-Unit. It kind of reminded me of Jimmy Johnson getting to coach Michael Irvin with the Cowboys.
          Jimmy even got Jerry to use a supplemental first on QB Steve Walsh. There was also #1 overall pick, Russell Maryland and a bunch of others. That pipeline was soooo sweet. It was the key to the Cowboys SB runs.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            When Carroll is announced as the Seattle Seahawks HC, this has got to be the lock of the century. Thoughts?
            man I hope so.

Comment

I'm sure Mays would love to come home, as well.

Comment

I really don't think Pete will draft players soley based on them being former players of his. If the right situation arises, then of course... But Mays that high isn't that likely, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                  I really don't think Pete will draft players soley based on them being former players of his. If the right situation arises, then of course... But Mays that high isn't that likely, imo.
                  Sure, he won't only draft USC players, but I think there will be a strong correlation. If he decides not to, then that certainly will make things interesting. You could be right.

Comment

IMO there's a 99.5% chance Mays will play in the NFC West. Don't know the team, though.

Comment

If he fell to the Seahawks second pick in the first round I could see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                        If he fell to the Seahawks second pick in the first round I could see it happening.
                        And definitely not the first one?

Comment

he's not gonna be the 6th overall pick. if he was i would be shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            And definitely not the first one?
                            If I were a Seahawks fan and we drafted Mays at 6, I would be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                              If I were a Seahawks fan and we drafted Mays at 6, I would be disappointed.
                              But wouldn't you understand that it's just apart of having Carroll as your HC? Unless you're disappointed that Carroll is the HC as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information