Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Think Jerome Murphy Can Be the Next Rodgers-Cromartie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YheYAaRrRA

this kid reminds me of our (saints) cornerback jabari greer in almost every way.

the absence of jabari greer since the first panthers game knocked the saints D from the ranks of the top 10 defenses in the nfl and is a primary reason for their struggles as of late.

greer is a fast, agressive, willing tackler with ball-skills. he can play off-man, man-press and come up to support the run with force.

watching murphy's footwork, recognition skills, ball skills, pure speed, fluid hips and toughness makes me believe that he will be a first round pick in 3 months.

Originally posted by nofalcons10 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YheYAaRrRA

this kid reminds me of our (saints) cornerback jabari greer in almost every way.

the absence of jabari greer since the first panthers game knocked the saints D from the ranks of the top 10 defenses in the nfl and is a primary reason for their struggles as of late.

greer is a fast, agressive, willing tackler with ball-skills. he can play off-man, man-press and come up to support the run with force.

watching murphy's footwork, recognition skills, ball skills, pure speed, fluid hips and toughness makes me believe that he will be a first round pick in 3 months.
    Maybe you should change the title to "I think that jerome murphy can be the next jabari greer"

Comment

Murphy has been so inconsistent though. Lots of physical skills, but he gets beat easily.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
        Murphy has been so inconsistent though. Lots of physical skills, but he gets beat easily.
        that was a big knock on rogers-cromartie coming out too, the belief that his enormous skills were in hibernation most of his senior season until the opportunity to increase his draft standing came around at the senior bowl and the combine.

many saints fans, as badly as we needed a corner then did not want him for that very reason.

now many of those concerns have been quieted.

Comment

Not really as DRC didn't play major competition.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by foozball View Post
            Maybe you should change the title to "I think that jerome murphy can be the next jabari greer"
            cromartie isn't as aggressive as greer is in run support but greer is not as tall.

i was mostly drawing a parallel to murphy's height and size and pre-draft meteoric ascent to the top of the 2008 cornerback class.

Comment

Not really as DRC didn't play major competition.
              hey, i was for DRC then.

i'm just saying that saints fans dissected alot of his stats at tenn st. and didn't want him because they thought that his stats didn't jump out at you like aqib talib. they took this to mean that he was wasn't very dominant.

i really like his physicality in run-support because it is just like greer's (70 tackles). greg williams would love to have him take over for randall *** and malcom jenkins (who will likely move to dime or safety in 10').
              Last edited by nofalcons10; 01-09-2010, 04:17 PM. Reason: meant to say he wasn't dominant

Comment

Except that Murphy is terrible and was benched for poor coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                  Except that Murphy is terrible and was benched for poor coverage.
                  alot of things went wrong at USF this year.

we'll see whether he is as "terrible" as you believe at the senior bowl in a couple of weeks.

i for one can't wait.

Comment

wow that sounds a lot like everyone with the last name cromartie

Comment

wasn't vontae davis benched in 2008 by ron zook?

Comment

If you've watched any South Florida game you would know that Murphy is not even close to DRC. Murphy is a roller-coaster ride of a player.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                          wow that sounds a lot like everyone with the last name cromartie
                          His physical talent is nowhere on par with Antonio, DRC, or Vontae, thus why he isn't even a first two day pick.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            Murphy is a roller-coaster ride of a player.
                            That sounds like a pretty accurate description of DRC tbh.
                            Twitter

Comment

DRC is far better than people on this board think, bahhhhhhhhhhhh sheep

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information