Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which OLB draft prospect compares most favorably to Demarcus Ware?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which OLB draft prospect compares most favorably to Demarcus Ware?

The one thing Parcells has not done during his tenure with the Dolphins is snag a game changing OLB. I believe that is one of his main targets this draft. Which OLBs would best fit that mold?

His name is Jerry Hughes, he should skip the draft and just go straight to Canton.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Idk, Hughes might make a good 3-4 OLB but he's not as tall or lanky as Ware is I don't believe.

Comment

I don't think there is a prospect in this year's draft that is close to either Ware or Merriman. Jason Taylor who is already on the team is about as close as you will get. Brandon Graham is about the closest but he lacks height to be as effective as those 2.
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          His name is Jerry Hughes, he should skip the draft and just go straight to San Francisco.
          fixed it for you

Comment

Besides Hughes, Ricky Sapp is another pure pass rusher that could slip into the 1st

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

One and only one; Texas OLB/DE Sergio Kindle. He was the best defender on either side of the ball in the NC game.

Comment

Not based on stock but I see alot of similarities between Ware with those of Kindle and Hardy

Comment

Kindle. Classic 3-4 OLB.

Comment

hughes...his ability to drop his shoulder and get low in his outside pass rush move makes him extremely dangerous, if he can develop a counter move to this such as a good spin or a strong inside rip then good luck blocking him one on one all game. However id like to see hughes wrap up more often on all tackles...goes for the hit to much as opposed to getting a wider base and driving through tackles. Kindle is good but i'd put sapp as #2A kindle #2B.

Comment

One guy that doesn't get a lot of love because he doesn't have ideal measurables is Eric Norwood. I'm not saying he compares to Hughes or Kindle as a prospect, but I think he could be a great pickup in the second or third round. He's not the next Ware, but anyone that watched South Carolina play this year saw him take over games on the defensive side.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                        One and only one; Texas OLB/DE Sergio Kindle. He was the best defender on either side of the ball in the NC game.
                        You have got to be kidding me. Did you even watch the game? Rolando McClain says hi.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyHeisman View Post
                          You have got to be kidding me. Did you even watch the game? Rolando McClain says hi.
                          McClain played well but he didn't make his presence felt in the way Kindle did I didn't feel.

Comment

I like Kindle, Norwood, and Hughes in that order as far as 3-4 OLB are concerned.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

Hughes>Kindle>Sapp>Norwood ... IMO

Either way- I'd love for at LEAST one of them to be drafted by the pats
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information