• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rennie Curran Going Pro

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog...-nfl-decision/

Curran says he’ll leave UGA for NFL draft
    3:24 pm January 10, 2010, by Tim Tucker

In what he called the toughest decision of his life, Georgia junior linebacker Rennie Curran said this afternoon that he will leave school early for the NFL draft.

“There are so many variables, so many unknowns in making a decision like this because you don’t know what’s going to happen,” he said. “It’s a total leap of faith.

“I changed my mind so many ways,” he said. “It’s one thing to say that you’re ready mentally and physically, but it’s another thing to actually take the stand and have the courage and do it and say you’re going to go. It’s something I really had to pray about for a lot of days.”

In the end, Curran said an accumulation of factors convinced him the time was right for him to enter the draft, although he said he’ll very much miss his teammates and UGA fans. Among the factors steering him to the NFL draft, he said, is that he has a 1-year-old daughter.

“I wrote down the pros and cons, and my reasons to go outweighed my reasons to stay,” he said.

More to come.

He has children, so I understand.

Comment

Good move. He won't get any taller waiting one more year.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
        He has children, so I understand.
        But when Bowman leaves early and he has a kid, it's a mistake? Was that you who said that or someone else?

Comment

It Pops Like Rennie Curran On A Tackle
          I want a sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
            But when Bowman leaves early and he has a kid, it's a mistake? Was that you who said that or someone else?
            Might have been me. I didn't know he had a child, too.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGWLKVSYjE

To get to know him a little better. (worth watching)

/sig by BONEkRUSHER/

Comment

Curran is a beast.

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

I usually don't like when players who aren't locks for the first three rounds declare early, but I can understand Curran's situation. I would've liked to have seen him exhaust his college eligibility, because he's a guy that's so fun to watch. Still, I think he has a chance to surprise in the NFL. He flies around the field and seems to be in on every tackle. I think he could fit in well as a weakside linebacker in a 4-3, and I think he'll make a long, solid career out of playing that position. A poor man's Derrick Brooks.

Comment

I like Curran to be a good pro, maybe not a Pro-Bowler, but he is as productive and tough as they come.

He'll be a solid steal in the 2nd-4th round area.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Would Zach Thomas be a good comparison for him? Undersized, yet can fly all over the field?

Comment

Originally posted by ericzedwards View Post
                        I usually don't like when players who aren't locks for the first three rounds declare early, but I can understand Curran's situation. I would've liked to have seen him exhaust his college eligibility, because he's a guy that's so fun to watch. Still, I think he has a chance to surprise in the NFL. He flies around the field and seems to be in on every tackle. I think he could fit in well as a weakside linebacker in a 4-3, and I think he'll make a long, solid career out of playing that position. A poor man's Derrick Brooks.
                        Normally I'd agree, maybe limit it even more to guys who are most likely first rounders....but if you're trying to support a family, even late round draft pick money is better than what most of the rest of the world lives on.

Comment

Could Curran play an in the box SS?

Otherwise he is pretty much limited to 4-3 WLB

Comment

Originally posted by Finz99 View Post
                            Would Zach Thomas be a good comparison for him? Undersized, yet can fly all over the field?
                            Definitely a good comparison but I also see him as a London Fletcher type of player. Undersized backer but is a tackling machine. I see him being a solid player for the next decade no matter where he plays.

Comment

Great move for him, its not like he is gonna be 6'2" next season.

Gotta leave when that stock is high.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information