Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who are the best KICK RETURNER prospects?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who are the best KICK RETURNER prospects?

I know some names like Dexter and Devine, who are lethal.
    Does Devine remind anyone of Devin Hester as a punt returner?

Around the nation though, there have to be some electric kick returners.
    Can you guys give us some names or rankings who you think are the best K/P returners coming out?

My team had Jordy Nelson back there and he was slower than a gazelle bringing it out, and slipped on the 15 yard line all 3 times in the first 5 minutes he had kick return opportunities thanks to our quick 14-point donation early. I want the next Josh Cribbs. I don't even remember when he was drafted.

I think Jordan Shipley should get a good long look, with his short stride, his quickness, and change of direction skills, he should translate to the NFL quite nicely. Very curious about what he will run in the 40. If he runs high 4.3 to low 4.4, his stock should skyrocket.
    Last edited by JohnConner; 01-11-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Javier Arenas and Brandon James come to mind for me. I know there are more that other people will name though

Comment

Just a few...

CJ Spiller
        Dez Bryant
        Golden Tate
        Mardy Gilyard
        Perrish Cox
        Jahvid Best
        Kyle Wilson
        Jordan Shipley
        Jacoby Ford
        Javier Arenas
        Akwasi Owusu-Onsah

Quite a few Late Round/UDFA's as well as those I forgot.

But let's not forget this man.... LeRoy Vann :)

Comment

my top 5:
          Spiller
          Holliday
          Wilson
          Bryant
          Arenas

nobody would kick to either of the top two names ever.
          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
          JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

My top 3 include, in no particular order, Brandon Banks, Trindon Holliday and CJ Spiller. I'm not too sure how well Banks is going to do just because he is only about 150 or 160 lbs, though he is only 5'7". The guy who i expect to be a stud next year is Jeff Demps.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
              My team had Jordy Nelson back there and he was slower than a gazelle bringing it out, and slipped on the 15 yard line all 3 times in the first 5 minutes he had kick return opportunities thanks to our quick 14-point donation early. I want the next Josh Cribbs. I don't even remember when he was drafted.
              Blasphemy! You are new here so I'll give you a break. Never talk down about our lord and savior, Jordy Nelson.

As far as KR's are concerned, Antonio Brown from CMU is very explosive and has big play ability. He sees the field very well with the ball in his hands. He has been a very productive player for the Chips both as a KR and a WR. Could be a nice pickup in the mid rounds.

Comment

Posted this on another forum about three weeks ago. Keep in mind several of these guys just were flat out avoided by some teams throughout the year because they were that effective/lethal.

Kick Returners

WR/CB Ray Fisher Indiana (Undrafted) - 5'9" 172 lbs. 17 att, 37.3 avg, 2 TD.
                RB CJ Spiller Clemson (1st) - 21 att, 33.7 avg, 4 TD.
                WR Brandon Banks Kansas St. (6th/7th) - 5'7" 150 lbs. 28.9 avg, 4 TD.
                WR Marshawn Gilyard Cincinnati (2nd/3rd) - 6'1" 180lbs. 31.5 avg, 2 TD.
                CB Javier Arenas Alabama (2nd/3rd) - 5'9" 200lbs. 19 att, 29.0 avg, 0 TD.
                RB Joe McKnight USC - 6'0" 180 lbs. 4 att, 37 avg.
                * CB Devin McCourty Rutgers (3rd/4th) - 5'11" 190 lbs.
                * RB Dexter McCluster Ole Miss (4th/5th) - 5'8" 165 lbs.
                * RB Noel Devine - (4th/5th) - 5'8" 176 lbs.
                * WR Tim Brown (4th/5th) - 5'8" 165 lbs.
                * WR Jacoby Ford Clemson (5th/6th) - 5'1" 185 lbs.
                * WR/RS Trindon Holliday LSU (5th/6th/7th) - 5'5" 160lbs.
                RB/RS Brandon James Florida (6th/7th) - 5'7" 185lbs. 29 att, 26.7 avg, 1 TD.

Punt Returners

WR/RS Trindon Holliday LSU (5th/6th/7th) - 5'5" 160lbs. 18 att, 17.72 avg, 1 TD.
                CB Javier Arenas Alabama (3rd) - 5'9" 200lbs. 29 att, 16.34 avg, 1 TD.
                WR Emmanuel Sanders SMU (7th/UDFA) - 5'11" 180lbs. 16 att, 15.44, 1 TD.
                WR Damian Williams USC (1st/2nd) - 6'1" 195lbs. 15.41 avg, 2 TD.
                WR Jordan Shipley Texas (4th/5th) - 6'0" 195lbs. 12.96 avg, 2 TD.
                WR Marshawn Gilyard Cincinnati (2nd/3rd) - 6'1" 180lbs. 16 att, 12.63 avg, 1 TD.
                WR Kyle Williams Arizona St. (6th/7th) - 5'10" 180 lbs. 12 att, 9.96 avg, 0 TD.
                WR Brandon Banks Kansas St. (6th/7th) - 5'7" 150 lbs. 17 att, 9.12 avg, 0 TD.
                RB/RS Brandon James Florida (6th/7th) - 5'7" 185lbs. 33 att, 7.39 avg, 0 TD.

* guys with asterisks and no return stats are guys who have kick return experience or potential but didn't accumulate any stats there this year to speak of.

Comment

Surprised only one person has mentioned LeRoy Vann. This dude was sick in college. He isn't going to be the fastest guy at the combine or anything, but he had something like 12 return touchdowns the past two seasons, and that's with teams starting not to kick to him. Even returned a punt to the house in the HBCU All Star game.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

You DARE take the name of Jordyzzz, our Lord and Savior, in vain? For this blasphemous act you sir, will burn in hell for all eternity.

How dare you sir. HOW DARE YOU.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I want the next Josh Cribbs. I don't even remember when he was drafted.
                      He wasn't. The Browns signed him as an undrafted free agent in 2005.

Comment

I'd gladly take Arenas if he's available on the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post
                          Surprised only one person has mentioned LeRoy Vann. This dude was sick in college. He isn't going to be the fastest guy at the combine or anything, but he had something like 12 return touchdowns the past two seasons, and that's with teams starting not to kick to him. Even returned a punt to the house in the HBCU All Star game.
                          LeRoy Vann was the first name that came to mind when I saw this thread

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I'm actually a much bigger Arenas fan than most and I think his CB skills are being underrated. I'd actually give him a late 2nd-mid 3rd round value. I think people are looking at him too much as just a returner. I guess Chris Carr is the most heard comparison I've seen.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
                              Javier Arenas and Brandon James come to mind for me. I know there are more that other people will name though
                              Yup. These two will be drafted almost exclusively for their return ability. They're both great.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information