Brandon Graham, DE/OLB Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Graham, DE/OLB Michigan

Hi guys. I just joined the boards. I'm a huge Miami Dolphins fan, and love the draft...my favorite time of year.

One guy that I have started to fall in love with that a buddy of mine suggested I take a look at is Brandon Graham out of Michigan. This guy has Lamar Woodley written all over him. Physical, plays the run tremendously, got a speed rush and can just over power you with a bull.

What are your guys thoughts on this kid? I'd personally be estactic if he were to drop to Miami in rd. 3, although I think he ends up being a late rd. 2 pick.

Brandon Graham will not fall out of round 2, for sure. He looks to be a late-1st-to-early-2nd.

Comment

Welcome to the boards. Always good to have another draft addict.

Like brasho said, I seriously seriously doubt he makes it to round three unless he has a bad combine/pro-day, and I would be surprised, at this point in time, if he's even available in the second.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

whoever gets Graham wil get one heck of a player

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
          Welcome to the boards. Always good to have another draft addict.

Like brasho said, I seriously seriously doubt he makes it to round three unless he has a bad combine/pro-day, and I would be surprised, at this point in time, if he's even available in the second.
          And even if he does, the scouts will look at the tape, his production and then they'll compare him to Woodley, who didn't really work out all that well and was horrible in Senior Bowl practices...and then was still drafted high and has produced. That all goes in his favor of not having much of a shot of making it out of round 2.

Comment

He's the surest of the high end DE/OLB prospects to be a good player.

Is Rodriguez recruiting well enough to keep this NFL 3-4 player machine going? In the past few years we've seen Harris, Branch, Woodley, Crable, Waston, Woods, and probably a few others come into the league. The only semi-busts as of right now are Crable and I guess Branch.

Comment

Wasn't Crable more of a LB/SS?

Comment

Most of my Packer brothers would be delighted to take him in the 1st round, pick 23, unless a sure LT is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by brasho View Post
                  Wasn't Crable more of a LB/SS?
                  Ah, no. He was a 4-3 SAM who lined up at DE quite a bit.

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                  Most of my Packer brothers would be delighted to take him in the 1st round, pick 23, unless a sure LT is still there.
                  The NFL would veto this pick. Graham AND Woodson on the same defense? Are you ******* kidding me? We're trying to make the league fair over here, and this guy's talking about those two together.

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                  He's the surest of the high end DE/OLB prospects to be a good player.

Is Rodriguez recruiting well enough to keep this NFL 3-4 player machine going? In the past few years we've seen Harris, Branch, Woodley, Crable, Waston, Woods, and probably a few others come into the league. The only semi-busts as of right now are Crable and I guess Branch.
                  Craig Roh, William Campbell and Ryan Van Bergen are three guys that I could see blossoming into valuable players in a 3-4. (OLB, NT, DE)
                  Last edited by Sniper; 01-16-2010, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Hit the nail on the head...Graham = Woodley = God.

Comment

I am just hoping ATL can get him at 19-20. If not him I'll take Griffen.

Comment

The only thing that concerns me is that he seems to be a little slow, (not in terms of straight line speed, but in terms of quickness)...does he have enough to play the OLB position in a 34?

As a pass rusher and run defender, I love him. But to play the strong side you need to be able to go out into coverage, so that's the concern with him that I have.

Yeah, like you guys said, I would highly doubt he gets into round 3. Most mocks have him going mid round 3 right now. If he were available in round 2 for Miami though, I'd be pumped. His relentlessness no doubt reminds Parcells of LT off that edge.

I'm already having dreams of Graham on one side...McClain and Crowder in the middle...Cam Wake on the weakside....oh momma!

Comment

Originally posted by PhinsRock View Post
                          Hi guys. I just joined the boards. I'm a huge Miami Dolphins fan, and love the draft...my favorite time of year.

One guy that I have started to fall in love with that a buddy of mine suggested I take a look at is Brandon Graham out of Michigan. This guy has Lamar Woodley written all over him. Physical, plays the run tremendously, got a speed rush and can just over power you with a bull.

What are your guys thoughts on this kid? I'd personally be estactic if he were to drop to Miami in rd. 3, although I think he ends up being a late rd. 2 pick.
                          As a Dolphin fan myself, he is one of my favorites in the draft. Miami needs a SOLB in the worst way and they could probably trade down 5 spots or so in the 1st and get him. I don't think Graham will make it out of the first round.

Comment

I'd be interested in hearing why Brandon Graham isn't seen unanimously as a better player/prospect than LaMarr Woodley. Graham is more athletic, more explosive, even stronger, and even more productive in college. Unlike Woodley, Brandon Graham has had plenty experience standing up and playing Linebacker (which he was recruited to do.) He's a scary good player and this 2nd/3rd Round thing is disappointing. To me, Graham could emerge as a Top 15-20 pick after tearing up the Senior Bowl and perhaps Combine. Right now, I like to consider myself ahead of the curve, he's 13th Overall on my Top 100.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Cant say id be upset if the Niners reached a bit for him and took him at 17..He would fit into a nice 3-4 pash rush rotation with Ahmad Brooks, Manny Lawson and Parys Haralson.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information