Vladimir Ducasse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vladimir Ducasse

Im starting to see this guy a lot going in the early 2nd rd of peoples mock draft and since he is listed as a tackle, that puts him on the radar for my team the bills. I am an avid draft follower, but I honestly cant tell you one thing about the guy. I mean, are UMass football games even televised, haha. But seriously, I was wondering what the overall consensus on this board is about him. good/bad future, over/underated, etc. thanks.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by Lions WMD
    None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.

1st round pick. Just that.

Comment

Originally posted by billsfootball15 View Post
      Im starting to see this guy a lot going in the early 2nd rd of peoples mock draft and since he is listed as a tackle, that puts him on the radar for my team the bills. I am an avid draft follower, but I honestly cant tell you one thing about the guy. I mean, are UMass football games even televised, haha. But seriously, I was wondering what the overall consensus on this board is about him. good/bad future, over/underated, etc. thanks.
      I've been to abouot a dozen UMASS games in the past 2 years and have been able to watch alot of Vlad. Some project him as a guard at the next level, but I am one who thinks he could be a stud RT and he could definatly play the LT position. He is a very large dude(6'6, 330), and for his size he has avery good footwork and he uses his hands well. He can get to the second level and plays with very good leverage. I have him rated as my number 5 OT prospect.
      He speaks fluent french and I think he has a 3.6 GPA. He is a very smart guy. He will wow people during the interview process. If I was to compare him to anyone as a prospect it woud be Phil Loadholt, but I think he uses his hands and has better footwork than Phil.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I like his name.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          I've been to abouot a dozen UMASS games in the past 2 years and have been able to watch alot of Vlad. Some project him as a guard at the next level, but I am one who thinks he could be a stud RT and he could definatly play the LT position. He is a very large dude(6'6, 330), and for his size he has avery good footwork and he uses his hands well. He can get to the second level and plays with very good leverage. I have him rated as my number 5 OT prospect.
          He speaks fluent french and I think he has a 3.6 GPA. He is a very smart guy. He will wow people during the interview process. If I was to compare him to anyone as a prospect it woud be Phil Loadholt, but I think he uses his hands and has better footwork than Phil.
          I've only seen a few UMass game on TV the past year or so, but from what I saw, I would agree with all of this. Very interested to see how he'll do in the Senior Bowl.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            I've only seen a few UMass game on TV the past year or so, but from what I saw, I would agree with all of this. Very interested to see how he'll do in the Senior Bowl.

I'd agree with wanting to see him at the Senior Bowl. He really hasn't faced the best competition but inthe game v. Texas Tech he looked great. I want to see him in the drills and in the game. He could make himself a lot of money in Mobile
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

He could make himself a first round pick in Mobile, if the cards fall right. If he can hang with some of the quicker pass rushers in the South he'll open a lot of eyes.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                To earn a 1st round grade, IMO Vlad needs to BEAST in Senior Bowl practices and perform well in the actual game.
                Level of competition is so critical for OT prospects, I think. It's hard to approximate playing against competition who are as big and as strong/stronger than you are. From a technique standpoint, it's a huge adjustment.

He may have 1st round tools, but I don't see him being taken in the first round, yet.

Comment

The game really doesn't mean much for offensive linemen unless they get seriously exposed, but the practices will be telling. I don't think he needs to do a whole hell of a lot to move up. The offensive tackle class is relatively weak, even with a couple talented juniors.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                    He could make himself a lot of money in Mobile
                    Or lose himself a lot, for that matter. I don't think he will, but it is a possibility.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

he's gonna be a guard in the NFL. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        Any particular reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                          IMO, no way Jose.
                          I think he's clearly a future NFL tackle, no question about it.
                          He's naturally huge, might get bigger... he's a perfect tackle and with the smarts that he has, it will help him on the edge.

Comment

I like the idea of him at the top of the second. Much more likely that getting Iupati anyway.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                              IMO, no way Jose.
                              I think he's clearly a future NFL tackle, no question about it.
                              He's naturally huge, might get bigger... he's a perfect tackle and with the smarts that he has, it will help him on the edge.
                              Smarts won't take the place of speed, quickness off the snap, consistency, technique, hand use, and footwork. I'm not saying Ducasse lacks those traits, but intelligence alone doesn't help you against NFL speed.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information