2008 RB class. Best in NFL History?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 RB class. Best in NFL History?

Look at this incredibly awesome class of RB's. IMO this has a great chance to be the best RB class ever.

Darren McFadden
    Chris Johnson
    Jonathan Stewart
    Jamaal Charles
    Rashard Mendenhall
    Felix Jones
    Matt Forte
    Ray Rice
    Kevin Smith
    Steve Slaton
    Tashard Choice
    Justin Forsett
    Clifton Smith

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

funny thing is the first one taken may be the worst.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

No Tim Hightower love :(

Still it's a ridiculous amount of RB talent. Hopefully McFadden can turn it on over the next few years.

Comment

Imagine if Darren McFadden was living up to his potential, then this class would be incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald_81 View Post
          Imagine if Darren McFadden was living up to his potential, then this class would be incredible.
          you can't really blame him he got drafted by the Raiders

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
            Mr. Sticksforlegs? He could have bombed anywhere. But being in Oakland didn't help.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

2011 would like to have a word with you.

Jacquizz Rodgers
              DeMarco Murray
              Ryan Williams
              Mark Ingram
              Noel Devine
              Brandon Saine
              Evan Royster
              Allen Bradford
              Kendall Hunter

Comment

If DMC would fill half his potential .....

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                  2011 would like to have a word with you.

Jacquizz Rodgers
                  DeMarco Murray
                  Ryan Williams
                  Mark Ingram
                  Noel Devine
                  Brandon Saine
                  Evan Royster
                  Allen Bradford
                  Kendall Hunter
                  Eh Ryan Williams and Quizz are the only guys I can see being all pro's from that list and Quizz has size issues to deal with. Ingram is the only other guy outside of those two who has potential star power. The rest I see more as situational backs. Guys like Saine, Royster Bradford, and Hunter are all great college players but really nothing stands out about them to separate them from all of the other backs trying to find work in the league.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                    I was thinking the other day, what could RUN DMC do if he got drafted by the Jets and not the Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                      Eh Ryan Williams and Quizz are the only guys I can see being all pro's from that list and Quizz has size issues to deal with. Ingram is the only other guy outside of those two who has potential star power. The rest I see more as situational backs. Guys like Saine, Royster Bradford, and Hunter are all great college players but really nothing stands out about them to separate them from all of the other backs trying to find work in the league.
                      I can't quote you 100%, but I am sure you said you loved Royster and thought he was a really good back that will do well in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        I can't quote you 100%, but I am sure you said you loved Royster and thought he was a really good back that will do well in the NFL.
                        I think he has incredible patience and vision. I think he has WR hands and is very smart. Still his lack of speed and overwhelming strength prevents him from being anything special. I think he could definitely be a serviceable starter in the NFL but nothing more. Much of my hype for him was as a Heisman candidate though.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

It was a rediculous draft class, im sooo glad we landed Rashard when we did. And i can still remember when everyone laughed at Tennessee for drafting CJ as a major reach...wheres all the haters now? :p

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                            It was a rediculous draft class, im sooo glad we landed Rashard when we did. And i can still remember when everyone laughed at Tennessee for drafting CJ as a major reach...wheres all the haters now? :p
                            It turned out to be a smart decision, but at the time, it was still considered a reach. We will never know, due to our lack of time machine, but it's possible that he would have lasted to their pick in the 2nd round.

I remember a lot of people saying he could get picked up anywhere in the 2nd round, possibly early 3rd round.

The titans are definitely glad now that they didn't risk it then, but you just never know what could have happened had they not picked him there.

Like I said, still an incredibly smart move, and it just goes to show that you always draft the player that is going to give your specific team more wins, Instead of picking players based on their "draft value".

Comment

I wouldnt have it any other way. I got the back I wanted in Felix and now it's time to finally hand him the reigns. I honestly believe if Felix was playing on the Titans, he'd be one of the best backs in the league right now. And this is absolutely nothing to do w/ CJ, I'm just saying he would have at least been given the opportunity there already. The guy has been every bit as explosive as CJ, but in a much smaller role. Sadly, Dallas has been holding him back but, that should change next year.

I remember when a lot of guys thought Felix was too small. Well he's probably about a solid 220 now, so no worries there. He's freaking huge now. haha.

As for the rest of the guys, it is mighty impressive. Although, Kevin Smith, Matt Forte, and Steve Slaton all looked rather pedestrian this year.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 01-19-2010, 10:43 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information