Underclassmen Incorporated Into Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underclassmen Incorporated Into Rankings

I just finished up incorporating the underclassmen into my rankings!

Please keep in mind that these rankings are very preliminary, especially the Top 100, and I need to invest a lot more time and considerable thought into them over the next couple of weeks.

When I get back from the Senior Bowl I will re-tool all of the rankings but for the time being this should give you a general idea of how I feel about the underclassmen and where they fit in.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott, I know when I post it's just like "blah blah blah, more scotty homerism" but I'm really not sure where these character issues are coming from for Anthony Davis. I mean, the weight issue I could see, but I don't define that to really be character issues persay. I mean, the whole Britt issues were ridiculously overblown and didn't have any effect. They came out of nowhere too(some espn analyst said it I think)
    But how much would these "issues" affect Davis' stock.
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Dez Bryant all the way at #4. I hope he falls the the Dolphins!

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        Scott, I know when I post it's just like "blah blah blah, more scotty homerism" but I'm really not sure where these character issues are coming from for Anthony Davis. I mean, the weight issue I could see, but I don't define that to really be character issues persay. I mean, the whole Britt issues were ridiculously overblown and didn't have any effect. They came out of nowhere too(some espn analyst said it I think)
        But how much would these "issues" affect Davis' stock.
        Davis was suspended twice in 3 years. You don't sit such a talented player for just nothing.
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
          Davis was suspended twice in 3 years. You don't sit such a talented player for just nothing.
          True, but they were relatively minor offenses such as missing too many classes (according to reports that floated around school) and happened when he was younger (freshman and sophomore years). Again, Britt was also suspended for these unkown offenses, that if they were big, would've been reported more heavily. I do agree he doesn't have outstanding character and is no Tebow, but I don't think it should affect his stock much at all. Or his pro career.
          How much do you think NFL teams will take them into account?
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

throw some thoughts at me on linval joseph i know these are not the final rankings but he didnt make your top 30 dt's he has flaws he doesnt use his hands extremely well but i go to almost all home ecu games and watch all aways games that make tv what makes jay ross better than linval?

Comment

Originally posted by TitansCJftw View Post
              throw some thoughts at me on linval joseph i know these are not the final rankings but he didnt make your top 30 dt's he has flaws he doesnt use his hands extremely well but i go to almost all home ecu games and watch all aways games that make tv what makes jay ross better than linval?
              There are a few underclassmen who I haven't seen enough of to feel comfortable putting in the rankings just yet. Linval Joseph is one such example, Dennis Rogan is another.
              Scott Wright, President
              Draft Countdown.com
              www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

By April, Anthony Davis will be the top OT... and Im not a Rutgers homer

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I'm curious to know what it is you like more about Chris McGaha, Taylor Price, and Armanti Edwards to have them ranked ahead of Antonio Brown in your WR rankings. I would move Brown ahead of even more than the one's I mentioned, but the others are more debateable.

I'm curious as to why so many people are still high on Gronkowski given the back issues. A bad back is a bad thing. I think he's draftable, but not until the 3rd or 4th round, and certainly not ahead of Hernandez, McCoy, or Dickson.

To me Selvish Capers looks like a 5th or 6th round RT. His name got thrown into the mix by somebody, and everyone followed suit.

Ranking JPP that high is drinking the kool aid in my opinion.

I sort of feel like Brian Jackson is the best CB on Oklahoma's team. It's close between he and Franks and cetainly debatable. So I can't see how Franks is 4th overall and Jackson is 31st.

Taylor Mays might be the 4th safety off the board.
                  Last edited by Day One Pick; 01-20-2010, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Scott, what's holding Clausen back from being viewed as an elite QB prospect? I haven't watched him enough to form a solid opinion, but at one time he seemed to be viewed as a potential #1 overall pick. Now it seems like people are questioning his viability as a top 5-10 pick.

Comment

Scott - please clarify what you mean by not a "franchise left tackle". i am not sure i understand how the highest rated olineman, top 10 overall prospect who has played LT for the marjority of his college career, and has started since freshman year doesnt meet the term franchise left tackle.

Other notes, I like seeing Bulaga as high as you have him. I like his skillset a lot. I also think your right on with the QBs outside the top 10. Neither jump out to me at this point as must have top 5 picks. Im surprised to see Derrick Morgan as low as you have him. He seems like an ideal 4-3 DE. Im also really shocked to see Vlad made it in the top 32 but Campbell did not. Ive been saying all along that Campbell is extremely raw but his athleticism is off the charts and someone is going to fall in love with him a lot earlier I think. Nice to see Saffold fly up your board already after only 2 days of owning Greg Hardy.

Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
                      To me Selvish Capers looks like a 5th or 6th round RT. His name got thrown into the mix by somebody, and everyone followed suit. - Agreed
                      Last edited by DiG; 01-20-2010, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I've been singing the guys praises for a while, but I really like Donovan Warren. He looks like the clear cut #2 corner IMO.

So, why are you so low on him? I can't wait for the scouting report.... I've seen some places projecting him as a top 20 pick and others as late round 2. I think he's much closer to the former but I want to hear your opinion.

Comment

Pike over McCoy.

Comment

Besides the actual draft and probably the combine, this is the best part of the draft season.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

i really find it hard to believe that Golden tate is a more well rounded WR than LaFell.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information