College Tackles that will make Great NFL Guards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Tackles that will make Great NFL Guards

Who do you guys like out there this year?

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Who do you guys like out there this year?
    Zane Beatles from Utah has quick feet and powerful lower body at about 6'3 320

LT from Arizona State Lauano Mauovo or something Samoan. He is too short to play LT at about 6'2 1/2 or 6'3 310 but has exceptional feet and strength.

Comment

Ducasse is one who will pop up in discussions like this. I definitely believe that he will be tried out at tackle for sure, but if that doesn't work out, you should get a great guard out of him.

Iuipati is possibly the reverse. I think he could at least make a pretty good RT for some team if they wanted.

Comment

Beadles was the guy I was going to mention. He is the first to come to mind.

Comment

I was thinking Chris Scott and Ciron Black personally... Bigger types, better for lines like Dallas, San Diego, etc.

Comment

The Calloway guy from Iowa.

Comment

Look out for Clint Boling next year. This year: no clue.

Comment

Orlando Franklin from Miami has played both positions extremely well during his time at UM. He should be playing LT next season for Miami (unless Henderson signs) and is definitely a guard prospect.
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Roger Saffold from Indiana would make an excellent Left Guard. At 6'4 1/2 312, there is some doubt that he'll have the length to play Left Tackle. Inside at Guard, Saffold could be a 2nd-3rd Round player easily.

Kyle Calloway from Iowa and Zane Beadles are the two that have been mentioned. Can't help but to think Vladimir Ducasse would challenge for top OG value in the draft if you viewed him in that light at the next level.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by Da Big Harv View Post
                    Zane Beatles from Utah has quick feet and powerful lower body at about 6'3 320

LT from Arizona State Lauano Mauovo or something Samoan. He is too short to play LT at about 6'2 1/2 or 6'3 310 but has exceptional feet and strength.
                    Shawn Lauvao I think.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                      Orlando Franklin from Miami has played both positions extremely well during his time at UM. He should be playing LT next season for Miami (unless Henderson signs) and is definitely a guard prospect.

There is no chance Orlando Franklin plays OT in the NFL. I don't even like him that much at LG. He is too slow off his stance. His position at the next level is RG.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        I was thinking Chris Scott and Ciron Black personally... Bigger types, better for lines like Dallas, San Diego, etc.
                        Ciron Black is a good call.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                          The Calloway guy from Iowa.
                          And his more beloved teammate, Bulaga. I think he could be a dominant LG.

Comment

Calloway actually played some RG in the Orange Bowl, and sprung Wegher's touchdown run with a nice pull to seal the game.

He recently measured in at 6'6 1/2 322 at the shrine combine.

Comment

I think Calloway, Saffold, Ciron Black all come to mind. I think Sam Young (if he can play low enough, he is not a good RT prospect), Adam Ulatoski and maybe Chris Scott could slide inside also.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information