Texas vs. The Nation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas vs. The Nation

Figured it couldn't hurt to talk about the underdog of all-star games!

http://www.texasvsthenation.com/play...rs/2010-roster

Some interesting prospects:

Nation

Tim Hiller, QB, Western Michigan
    Dedrick Epps, TE, Miami
    Arthur Moats, LB, James Madison
    AJ Wallace, CB, Penn State
    EJ Wilson, DE, UNC

Texas

Ryan Perriloux, QB, Jacksonville State
    Levi Brown, QB, Troy
    Boris Lee, LB, Troy
    DeMarcus Granger, DT, Oklahoma
    Alex Carrington, Arkansas State

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

The guy I am really looking forward to seeing in Texas vs. The Nation is Hillsdale OT Jared Veldheer, my #2 small-school prospect in this class. The guy is big and athletic and if he shows well there and in workouts it could lead to him being a second or third round pick.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

I really liked Tim Heller coming into the season, too bad he didnt improve...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

i want to see perriloux not because i think hes going to be a super pro just because he is an exciting player, didnt know dominique lindsay and jay ross were in this game ecu represent! :D

Comment

Does anyone think there should be a game that allows juniors to play?
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
            The guy I am really looking forward to seeing in Texas vs. The Nation is Hillsdale OT Jared Veldheer, my #2 small-school prospect in this class. The guy is big and athletic and if he shows well there and in workouts it could lead to him being a second or third round pick.
            I was just going to comment and say that you have Veldheer fairly high on your Tackle list, so he may be one to watch in the week of practices (it's not every day that we get to see Hillside players.)

Levi Brown has a chance to move up boards in a big way I think, after a very good bowl game on national TV for Troy. If he has a good performance in the week of practice, he may have potential to be more than just a mid-late round option. I'm actually surprised to see him not at the Shrine Game at least.

San Jose State LB Justin Cole may not have had the big year some were thinking, but he still looks to have solid measurables and will be one to watch in practice.

Brandon Sharpe was a sack artist this year at Texas Tech, so it'll be fun to see him on the Texas roster. Listed at 6'3 254, his weigh-in will likely be important in determining what position he'll play at the next level. Not sure if he has the athleticism and coverage ability to play LB, but we'll see some of that in practice I'm sure.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Does anyone think there should be a game that allows juniors to play?
              I would like that. In fact I would like it to be Texas vs. the Nation. Could you imagine the attention if last year's highlight was Stafford vs. Sanchez?

Comment

Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                I would like that. In fact I would like it to be Texas vs. the Nation. Could you imagine the attention if last year's highlight was Stafford vs. Sanchez?
                Yeah, they wouldn't have played in it even if they could have. For sure Stafford wouldn't have at least.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

How is the Texas team selected??

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                    I really want to see CB Phillip Adams from SC State.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                      How is the Texas team selected??
                      good question. I think after filtering college players for Senior Bowl and Shrine Bowl, Texans and/or Texan team players will be selected.

Comment

RT Tom Welch.
                        LT Derek Hardman.
                        DE Austen Lane.
                        DL Jay Ross.
                        DL Alex Carrington.

to start off.

Comment

how is Brett Hamlin a RT/WR?

WOooooooo Temple player finally go into an all star game.

Comment

Toney Baker will beast...mark it down.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                            Titty sprinkles

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              I really liked Tim Heller coming into the season, too bad he didnt improve...
                              So did I man. He just doesn't seem to have much zip on his throws, doesn't play in as much of a pro-style offense as I thought he did and forced some more throws, especially under pressure, than I thought he would.

I think he has potential to get drafted as a developmental #3 and become a reliable backup/spot-starter, but I had higher hopes for him earlier in the year to be certain.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information