Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/22 - Mock Draft Updated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1/22 - Mock Draft Updated

    I just posted a new mock draft, which is the fourth of the year and the first since the deadline for underclassmen to declare. The next update will likely be in mid-February after all of the all-star games are wrapped up and that should be a two rounder. That's right, two rounds!

    You can link to the latest edition via the main page:

    2010 Mock Draft - v.5.0
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/

    As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions just like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

    Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

    Now... FIRE AWAY! :)
    Last edited by Scott Wright; 01-22-2010, 06:43 AM.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

    Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

    Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes


  • #2
    Its official I am in love with you Scott, JPP is my wet dream.

    Comment


    • #3
      I can understand your logic of giving the Tebow to the Patriots Scott, but I don't agree with it. Tom Brady is still a top 3 QB in this league and I don't envision him going anywhere anytime soon. Kurt Warner and Brett Favre have showed that QBs can play into their late 30s effectively. The reality of the Patriots is that they got blown out in the first round of the playoffs. They obviously aren't in a position to make a luxury pick in the first round. They need to get better on both sides of the ball right now if they want to compete for a 4th Super Bowl.

      Comment


      • #4
        Scott,

        As a 49ers fan I openly admit the need for some Oline help, however Trent Williams at #13 seems early (especially when he appears to be the 4th best tackle available).

        A dream scenario (which plays out in your mock) would be McClain going at #13 and then looking again at BPA at #17.

        What do you think?
        McClain seems like the type of player who has no business going anywhere but inside the top 10 - but I can dream.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ndbigdave View Post
          Scott,

          As a 49ers fan I openly admit the need for some Oline help, however Trent Williams at #13 seems early (especially when he appears to be the 4th best tackle available).

          A dream scenario (which plays out in your mock) would be McClain going at #13 and then looking again at BPA at #17.

          What do you think?
          McClain seems like the type of player who has no business going anywhere but inside the top 10 - but I can dream.
          That's not too early for Trent Williams. He is a legit Top 15 talent.
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

          Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

          Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by eagles6606 View Post
            I can understand your logic of giving the Tebow to the Patriots Scott, but I don't agree with it. Tom Brady is still a top 3 QB in this league and I don't envision him going anywhere anytime soon. Kurt Warner and Brett Favre have showed that QBs can play into their late 30s effectively. The reality of the Patriots is that they got blown out in the first round of the playoffs. They obviously aren't in a position to make a luxury pick in the first round. They need to get better on both sides of the ball right now if they want to compete for a 4th Super Bowl.
            But with 4 picks in the first 53 or so, they can afford to take a pick like Tebow.
            And if you read Scott's reasoning, it has little to do with Tebow as a backup to Brady or even as a QB. It is more for the wild-cat because of his running ability ability to kinda throw the ball.

            bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
              But with 4 picks in the first 53 or so, they can afford to take a pick like Tebow.
              And if you read Scott's reasoning, it has little to do with Tebow as a backup to Brady or even as a QB. It is more for the wild-cat because of his running ability ability to kinda throw the ball.
              The patriots need to get contributions from those 4 picks to be a superbowl contender. Of course the Tebow pick is about him being a backup and eventually the successor to Brady. You don't take a player 22 overall to run a few gimmick plays a game. And that brings up the question, why would you want to take Tom Brady off the field anyway, even for a play or two. I just couldn't agree with a team taking a player that is years away from even getting an opportunity to win a job, when they have lots of areas they need to improve.

              Comment


              • #8
                It's not that I wouldn't want Tebow for the Pats however it is contigent on getting better at rushing the passer. If BB picks up an OLB to rush the passer in free agency or thinks someone like Jerry Hughes will be around the middle of the second then I wouldnt mind it. A second round of Jerry Hughes, Vladimir Ducasse and Arthur Jones would be good after Tebow then


                BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  whatever the patriots do in this draft, they're likely 3 years off from it making any serious difference. which puts brady at 35 and moss right around 36. they *should* be thinking about how to keep the team as a contender at that point in time, rather than thinking about how to patch what's really a very leaky ship right now.
                  A
                  further, it's almost silly to object to the pick on the basis that you think brady will play as long as warner or favre has. there's a reason those guys are notable for their longevity, and it's not because every other great qb lasted that long playing mvp-caliber football.
                  whenever you have Tom Brady at QB, your not 3 years off. If the Patriots could improve their defense, then they would be right back on the Super Bowl hunt. Maybe it's is not right to compare Brady to Warner and Favre, bit in any case Brady doesn't seem to be going anywhere for the forseable future. It would be silly to draft a first round replacement 4 or more years before they will even get a chance to play.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i'd probably cry if miami passed on Rolando McClain but if we took a rush linebacker then i'd hope it was kindle so i like the pick, i'd just prefer McClain cause i feel ILB is a greater need than OLB due to the presence of Porter and Taylor for one more year as well as Cameron Wake where we have nothing inside save for Crowder

                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If dolphins pass on rolando mcclain i would cry!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You don't take a player 22 overall to run three or four gimmick plays a game

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Arrelious Benn eh... Alright, I guess we do need a receiver ;). Good pick, I really can't see us going in any other direction unless some prime talent falls into the early twenties and we move up to get him (ala Oher).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I would hate to see the Packers pass on Iupati and Campbell in favor of Sapp


                            Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Don't agree with Dunlap to the Falcons. There is a focus on character in the organization, from Arthur Blank down. Also, I've heard Dimitroff say himself that he prefers to Draft college graduates. Also, the pick might not be very popular because many people would think he's Jammal Anderson all over again.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information