Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Random Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Draft Random Discussion Thread

    Just talk about different things relating to the draft here that you don't feel need a thread of it's own.

    Now, on to my first thought.

    Did anyone else just find out the draft is gonna be spread over three days this year like i just did? And it's not even gonna be on Sunday anymore! WTF?!

  • #2
    Thought this was a pretty cool picture.

    Comment


    • #3
      seems like they're all wearing those bracelets with the little circle curve in them. what are they?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
        Just talk about different things relating to the draft here that you don't feel need a thread of it's own.

        Now, on to my first thought.

        Did anyone else just find out the draft is gonna be spread over three days this year like i just did? And it's not even gonna be on Sunday anymore! WTF?!
        The scheduling is totally lame. The LA Times festival of books is an event I have worked forever and it coincides with draft day, so normally I'll be getting picks throughout the day to keep me going. But now it's prime time, and spread out, and blargh.

        Comment


        • #5
          3 days, it's going to be tough to ask off for 3 days in a row. Anyone have a good excuse? I mean "I want to watch the nfl draft for 30 hours" may not fly by.

          Comment


          • #6
            There's alot more bs about players nowadays. It's weird, and focuses too much on what young, mostly raw players don't do right. After a while that doesn't work, because most guys don't have well rounded games in some way, shape, or form.

            Injury tagged players well fall. I think there's an outside shot Bradford falls out of the top 20, and he's actually one of my sleeper picks for the Patriots. He'd obviously be groomed behind Brady, who'll move on to Hollywood in 3-4 years. Greg Hardy, Corey Wootton, and Vince Oghobaase are guys who'll have better pro careers than they did senior years/offseasons.

            After Berry and Haden, there's 8 guys at CB who can be ranked as the 3rd best. 7, because Brandon Ghee no longer fits. I'd rank Robinson, Warren, Cox, Wilson, Franks, Jackson, and McCourty as guys who can legitimately be the 3rd corner.

            Comment


            • #7
              whats the time set for the thursday and friday

              (too lazy to look)


              RIP, Sean Taylor.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by critesy View Post
                whats the time set for the thursday and friday

                (too lazy to look)
                thurs. 7:30 et, friday 6:30 et, saturday 10 a.m et

                Comment


                • #9
                  Craziest position in the draft this year: CB.

                  You can ask ten different people to give you top tens and they'll give you ten extremely different-looking top tens. The only consensus seems to be Haden as the top guy.

                  I have no idea how many are going to go in the first round- and no clue who the top five off the board are going to be after Haden. There are a lot of polarized prospects at CB this year.
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

                  - Ko Simpson

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                    Craziest position in the draft this year: CB.

                    You can ask ten different people to give you top tens and they'll give you ten extremely different-looking top tens. The only consensus seems to be Haden as the top guy.

                    I have no idea how many are going to go in the first round- and no clue who the top five off the board are going to be after Haden. There are a lot of polarized prospects at CB this year.
                    Agreed. Look at Scott's top ten for example. After Haden you could mix those otehr 9 guys up in all sorts of ways and the list would look legit.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                      thurs. 7:30 et, friday 6:30 et, saturday 10 a.m et

                      shibbbbbby, dont have to miss any work. +rep


                      RIP, Sean Taylor.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                        There's alot more bs about players nowadays. It's weird, and focuses too much on what young, mostly raw players don't do right. After a while that doesn't work, because most guys don't have well rounded games in some way, shape, or form.

                        Injury tagged players well fall. I think there's an outside shot Bradford falls out of the top 20, and he's actually one of my sleeper picks for the Patriots. He'd obviously be groomed behind Brady, who'll move on to Hollywood in 3-4 years.
                        I'd be surprised if he got out of the Top 4.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          I'd be surprised if he got out of the Top 4.
                          I agree. Bradford likely won't fall out of the Top 5, most likely 1st Overall.

                          big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I wonder if Berry starts to slide at all(which I doubt), if the Texans might consider trading up for him.

                            I think both Dunlap and Spikes are better than they are getting credit for right now.

                            I wouldn't mind if the Redskins, 49's,Seahawks, Viking or Colts took Colt McCoy.

                            I think Tim Tebow can make it in the NFL as a starting QB.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              I'd be surprised if he got out of the Top 4.
                              I have the top 10 picks going:

                              1. Suh
                              2. McCoy
                              3. Bryant
                              4. Okung
                              5. McClain
                              6. Clausen
                              7. Berry
                              8. Davis
                              9. Bradford
                              10. Cody

                              Suh because he's the best player and the Rams aren't trying to be stupid. McCoy because they don't need a QB or Bryant, but they do need a DT. Bryant because they have nothing on offense after their OL and Freeman. Okung because Samuels is done and Campbell can be worked with. McClain because there's not really any other choice. Clausen because Hasselbeck is done. Berry because he's a safety so he won't go top 3, and he fits perfectly. Davis because the Raiders OL sucks and he's the high upside junior. Bradford to the Bills because there's no on else to take, and they'll hope for OL later. Cody because Henderson is getting up there and they can groom him behind Henderson for the first two years...then pair him with Knighton to get that D back up again.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information