Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan Matthews predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ryan Matthews predictions

    Matthews was outstanding at runningback this year for Fresno State. He is considered a top 5 RB, in this years draft class. Where do you see him playing on sundays?

    Sig by Bone Krusher

  • #2
    Maybe New England in round 2. But I can never tell what they're trying to do with their backfield, so who knows.

    Comment


    • #3
      he would look good in shannys run game i would think.


      RIP, Sean Taylor.

      Comment


      • #4
        He could go as early as mid 2nd or as late as late 3rd, in my opinion. That being said, I like the fit in New England as stated. I could Seattle or Washington taking him as well.

        Comment


        • #5
          Late 2nd to the Chargers would be ideal.

          Comment


          • #6
            I haven't watched Matthews much, but when I was doing a little casual research on him recently his numbers running the ball really jumped off the screen at me. He basically blew up every team he faced this past season. He had huge games vs Boise State and Illinois.

            Comment


            • #7
              He has a way of picking his way through traffic and exploding for huge plays. Very good feet and a strong runner. Serious home run hitter.

              Unfortunately for him, less and less teams need backs every year. Looking at the draft order this year, it'll be hard for him to find a home early unless some team makes a luxury pick and takes him to boost their backfield. Teams just have far more pressing needs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FrankGore View Post
                He has a way of picking his way through traffic and exploding for huge plays. Very good feet and a strong runner. Serious home run hitter.

                Unfortunately for him, less and less teams need backs every year. Looking at the draft order this year, it'll be hard for him to find a home early unless some team makes a luxury pick and takes him to boost their backfield. Teams just have far more pressing needs.
                I disagree with this. Teams are moving further and further away from using just one feature back each year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  #4 pick of round 4 :) ?


                  RIP, Sean Taylor.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by critesy View Post
                    #4 pick of round 4 :) ?
                    I dont see him going past the third round. If he would slip to the third, I could see the Lions taking him.

                    Sig by Bone Krusher

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                      I dont see him going past the third round. If he would slip to the third, I could see the Lions taking him.
                      lions have kevin smith and first year player aaron brown dont they ?


                      RIP, Sean Taylor.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Would look good in an Eagles uniform!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          On the CBS pregame show today Charlie Casserly had him listed as a first rounder

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ryan Matthews and Kevin Smith are pretty similar backs aren't they? I hope the Lions don't draft him. Kevin Smith was projected a 2nd to 3rd round back. IMO, that would be fair grade for Matthews as well.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by yarcraft3 View Post
                              Ryan Matthews and Kevin Smith are pretty similar backs aren't they? I hope the Lions don't draft him. Kevin Smith was projected a 2nd to 3rd round back. IMO, that would be fair grade for Matthews as well.
                              Matthews and Smith are not the same type of backs. You should go on youtube, and you will see the difference.

                              Sig by Bone Krusher

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information