Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Tate Sucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Golden Tate Sucks

    Golden "jumbo thighs" Tate is the most overrated WR in this draft. I have seen numerous people compare him to Steve Smith. My question is this:

    What are you smoking and where can I get some?

    Steve Smith is short, but he's an EXPLOSIVE athlete with low 4.4 speed and elite hops. Golden Tate is also short, but unlike Smith he's slower than a mud sloth covered in molasses. Without great size or burst, Tate will have no advantages against pro corners, who will be faster than him and just as strong. Tate will be a huge bust just like Josh Reed, another college superstar who had neither the size nor speed to beat coverage in the NFL. Can you say slot WR?

  • #2
    Originally posted by BrabbitMcRabbit View Post
    Golden "jumbo thighs" Tate is the most overrated WR in this draft. I have seen numerous people compare him to Steve Smith. My question is this:

    What are you smoking and where can I get some?

    Steve Smith is short, but he's an EXPLOSIVE athlete with low 4.4 speed and elite hops. Golden Tate is also short, but unlike Smith he's slower than a mud sloth covered in molasses. Without great size or burst, Tate will have no advantages against pro corners, who will be faster than him and just as strong. Tate will be a huge bust just like Josh Reed, another college superstar who had neither the size nor speed to beat coverage in the NFL. Can you say slot WR?
    i agree that he isnt a first rounder, he is getting a lot of hype that is probably more than he deserves. that being said, he definitely doesnt suck. he has great hands, he is a good route runner, and excels in space. thats just what i got out of him in the 2 maybe 3 notre dame games i watched this year. someone who is more educated in terms of irish football should correct me if im wrong.

    Bonekrusher.

    Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

    Comment


    • #3
      This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this website..
      Golden Tate is not slow, he's got killer agility, he's EXPLOSIVE and is a total playmaker...
      And the Josh Reed comparison is just pathetic.
      Watch some tape on him before you open your mouth and make yourself sound like a fool..
      GO RAVENS

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BrabbitMcRabbit View Post
        Golden "jumbo thighs" Tate is the most overrated WR in this draft. I have seen numerous people compare him to Steve Smith. My question is this:

        What are you smoking and where can I get some?

        Steve Smith is short, but he's an EXPLOSIVE athlete with low 4.4 speed and elite hops. Golden Tate is also short, but unlike Smith he's slower than a mud sloth covered in molasses. Without great size or burst, Tate will have no advantages against pro corners, who will be faster than him and just as strong. Tate will be a huge bust just like Josh Reed, another college superstar who had neither the size nor speed to beat coverage in the NFL. Can you say slot WR?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkVvnfXZK3I

        Are we talking about the same guy?
        Hi Mom. Send money!

        Comment


        • #5
          You can have some of what Im smoking just give me some money.

          If you watch him the YAC he has is veyr similar to Steve Smith. I think if hes teamed with a WR with some heigth he will be deadly


          "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BrabbitMcRabbit View Post
            Golden "jumbo thighs" Tate is the most overrated WR in this draft. I have seen numerous people compare him to Steve Smith. My question is this:

            What are you smoking and where can I get some?

            Steve Smith is short, but he's an EXPLOSIVE athlete with low 4.4 speed and elite hops. Golden Tate is also short, but unlike Smith he's slower than a mud sloth covered in molasses. Without great size or burst, Tate will have no advantages against pro corners, who will be faster than him and just as strong. Tate will be a huge bust just like Josh Reed, another college superstar who had neither the size nor speed to beat coverage in the NFL. Can you say slot WR?
            Hopefully all the 1st round teams think like you. So he can slip to my Bucs in the 2nd.

            Comment


            • #7
              Very unique prospect.. not very often we see somebody of that stature with his skillset. I don't know how much teams are going to value him..

              probably the best high-pointer in the draft and he is extremely efficient on the short routes. What I'm concerned about is the intermediate routes. The 10-12 yard digs, the 10-12 yard outs, the curls, the skinny posts, etc. He doesn't seem that fluid to me when running those types of routes. I am downloading a bunch of ND games right now, would love to get a better look if possible because this is just based off the games that I saw live (probably 3-4 total). Yes, he's not a particularly fast runner, but he makes up for that with his ball skills.

              I think he brings a lot to the table versatility wise because he's one of the few that you could see inside or outside at the next level.

              At this point, I'd say mid 2nd round.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

              Comment


              • #8
                You guys probably thought Peter Warrick and Josh Reed were pretty dope too.

                Pro tip: 5'10" WRs with 4.6 speed don't make good starters in the NFL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BrabbitMcRabbit View Post
                  You guys probably thought Peter Warrick and Josh Reed were pretty dope too.

                  Pro tip: 5'10" WRs with 4.6 speed don't make good starters in the NFL.
                  4.6 your estimated time or do you have some inside information that no one else that watches football has access to?

                  big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkVvnfXZK3I

                    Are we talking about the same guy?
                    That video has backed the original poster.

                    Tate showed no explosive speed and had trouble to separate defenders on deep route. However, his toughness, YAC ability, stamina/durability, and hands are very solid enough to be a first rounder.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                      4.6 your estimated time or do you have some inside information that no one else that watches football has access to?
                      4.6 is a safe guess since two freaking Wolverine DL caught up on him. Not good. lol. My best guess is 4.52. It is still good speed although.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                        That video has backed the original poster.

                        Tate showed no explosive speed and had trouble to separate defenders on deep route. However, his toughness, YAC ability, stamina/durability, and hands are very solid enough to be a first rounder.
                        the punt return against Pitt? The Hawaii bowl game? The catch in between 2 guys against USC? The making 8 guys miss against Stanford?
                        Hi Mom. Send money!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
                          the punt return against Pitt? The Hawaii bowl game? The catch in between 2 guys against USC? The making 8 guys miss against Stanford?
                          Those plays were downright Warrickesque.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                            4.6 is a safe guess since two freaking Wolverine DL caught up on him. Not good. lol. My best guess is 4.52. It is still good speed although.
                            Those were DBs. Not good ones, but DBs. Unless you're talking about a different time than I am.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Warrick started to turn it on until he had some unfortunate injuries.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information