X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Okung

Hi everybody...

I'm new to this board.
    i read it for a very long time and now i decided to post.

i'm a fan of the tampa bay buccaneers and i try to figure out if Russel Okung is a possibility at #3.
    how is he comparable to other top OT prospects from past drafts like Jason Smith, Joe Thomas, D'brick Ferguson and so on.

Thank you in advance

!!! GO BUCS !!!

Id say he isnt as good but he is still a top OT to come out and will make a team very happy, if the bucs need a T badly he is definately worth the pick

Comment

Eugene Monroe a decent comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
        Eugene Monroe a decent comparison?
        id say okung is slightly more solid than monroe in the body, monroe was very long, if that makes sense

Comment

I like the D'Brick comparison more.

He is the same type of athlete and but I'm not sure if he is as technically sound as Ferguson was coming out of Virginia.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

If going by those 3 tackles (Smith, Ferguson and Thomas), he's probably third, above Thomas, potentially second above Brick. He's a great prospect, and if the Buccaneers are that dire about their tackle situation, he's a slam dunk top 5 worthy pick.

Comment

Tampa Bay doesn't need a LT... We have a good one not top 5 but top 10ish. We need a new RT cause Trueblood sucks. Our line problems this year came from us trying to put in the zone blocking system when our guys fit a power run game with pulling guards. Late in the season we made the move back to the power game and the line did a very good job.

Comment

Less polished D'brick is my comparison too. Not an eye popping prospect, would take any of the top OT prospects of the lsat few years over him.

Comment

I have seen alot of mock's have the Chiefs taking him at #5 and I just don't feel he is worth that kinda money.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                    Less polished D'brick is my comparison too. Not an eye popping prospect, would take any of the top OT prospects of the lsat few years over him.
                    Even Jason Smith?

I am still an Okung fan. I think we were all spoiled by the awesomeness that was the tackle class of last year with Monroe, Oher, A. Smith at the top, and the great depth in the 2nd as well.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Agree with this. Okung is good, but he's a top twenty pick in recent drafts, not a top ten as he is now. I think there's still the possibility of him being usurped by the end of the process by one of the underclassmen if things fall right.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                        Even Jason Smith?

I am still an Okung fan. I think we were all spoiled by the awesomeness that was the tackle class of last year with Monroe, Oher, A. Smith at the top, and the great depth in the 2nd as well.
                        I still don't know why Jason Smith got drafted at No. 2 overall, he was extremely overrated by most people. He was never higher then my third tackle overall, although last year was such an amazing tackle class.

And as I stated earlier in this thread, I'm a big fan of Okung as well. When I put on the tape, I see a solid body with elite footwork. I love him in both pass protection and as a run blocker.

Comment

I hope Detroit gets him cause i want McCoy

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                            I still don't know why Jason Smith got drafted at No. 2 overall, he was extremely overrated by most people. He was never higher then my third tackle overall, although last year was such an amazing tackle class.
                            Smith had an extremely high ceiling but after he said he wanted to assault people on the football field, that was all she wrote :)

Comment

Smith had an extremely high ceiling but after he said he wanted to assault people on the football field, that was all she wrote :)
                              Yeah I think he came across the best he possibly could have pre-draft. His bite didn't appear to match his bark this year. Oh well, rookies have rookie seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information