Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Spikes

What is his projected 40 right now?
    I have heard it could really drop near 5.
    Any truth to that?

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

I predict a 4.85-4.90 range. He's not 5.0 slow..
    GO RAVENS

Comment

Well a 4.9 is near it lol.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

No way he is that slow. Come on. That is offensive lineman slow. He's got to be 4.75 at least.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
          No way he is that slow. Come on. That is offensive lineman slow. He's got to be 4.75 at least.
          Only the most athletic Offensive Linemen hover around 5.0. I'd say somewhere around 4.78-4.84 for Spikes.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

I doubt he hits 4.9. He's a fairly big playmaker in a very fast florida defense. Florida is probably the fastest defense in college football. I'd say high 4.7s
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

According to scout.com he ran a 4.72 in high school and he isn't a guy who can get faster while building his body strenth, Id say 4.85-4.9.
              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
              Coples is that dude.
              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Thanks guys. I knew 5 sounded way too slow but someone said 4.6 which seemed wayyyy too fast.
                He seems destined for a 3-4.

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

I could see a 4.70-4.75. I hope he's destined to a 34... hopefully named the Pats :D
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

WHo knows??

Look at LSU, annually one of the best Ds in college football, yet recently their LBs have tested very poorly in the 40. Highsmith a few years ago looked like a 4.5 guy on tape, then ran a 4.9 - 5 flat at the combine.
                    Having decent instincts and being able to flow to the ball close to the LOS can disguise a lack of pure speed.

If Spikes breaks 4.8, he's going to make himself a lot of money on draft day.

But with his height ( approximately 6'4) and those long legs, I would not be shocked by a pathetic 40 from him.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                      WHo knows??

Look at LSU, annually one of the best Ds in college football, yet recently their LBs have tested very poorly in the 40. Highsmith a few years ago looked like a 4.5 guy on tape, then ran a 4.9 - 5 flat at the combine.
                      Having decent instincts and being able to flow to the ball close to the LOS can disguise a lack of pure speed.

If Spikes breaks 4.8, he's going to make himself a lot of money on draft day.

But with his height ( approximately 6'4) and those long legs, I would not be shocked by a pathetic 40 from him.
                      Don't forget Perry Riley and his 4.8-4.9 runnin ass. I swear LSU always has solid playmakers playing Linebacker but they are slow as **** when they have to run the 40. I wish the 40 wasn't so relevant when determining a players worth.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                        Only the most athletic Offensive Linemen hover around 5.0. I'd say somewhere around 4.78-4.84 for Spikes.
                        Still no 1st day LB draft pick should ever be slower than an OLman. I'm sticking with a 4.75 prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                          Still no 1st day LB draft pick should ever be slower than an OLman. I'm sticking with a 4.75 prediction.
                          Well I'm hoping he's a second day pick. Say, around #39.

Comment

His 10 and 20 yard splits are far more important. Honestly, if a linebacker, especially a middle linebacker, ever has to run 40 yards on a play it was a monumental fuckup.

I expect that Spikes will time fairly elitely in those splits and that his longer speed is going to be pretty "pathetic". I've never watched him play and thought that he looked slow whilst in close and when evaluating LBs, that is what is by far the most relevant measure.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Not a beasty example...but Clark Haggans (exSteeler/Cardinal) who has put up some decent stats in his career. He was an edge/speed rusher...coing out of college he ran a 5.0 flat! Timed speed doesnt mean a whole lot to some players. If Spikes ran a 4.8, thatd be plenty good enough for a thumping ILB in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information