LeGarrette Blount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeGarrette Blount

So after a strong senior bowl and good practices, where is he projected to go now?

Scott's notes say he runs high but with a lot of power. Also the most impressive back from mobile.

How big of an impact will his "character concerns" play in his draft stock after he's shown he can really play?

In a league where we have weirdos such as Terrell Owens, Esteban Ochocinco and Al Davis, do we care about character anymore??

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
      In a league where we have weirdos such as Terrell Owens, Esteban Ochocinco and Al Davis, do we care about character anymore??
      WTF? Ochocinco is a funny guy and is just fun he is not a character concern. I'd also like to note that none of those guys were suspended prior to the season ever starting for breaking team rules, then after the first game of the season they punched an opposing player and tried to fight fans and he is supposedly lazy and unmotivated. TO is egotistical but he has never done anything that stupid. And wtf does Al Davis have to do with this?

Also my guess is late third, early fourth and he will be a complimentary running back, character concerns or not he is a huge back with supreme power, like Brandon Jacobs only more decisive and aggressive. Plus word is that he is built really well meaning he carries his weight well and looks proportional so he isn't a Lenwhale White kind of power back.
      Last edited by Thumper; 01-31-2010, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        WTF? Ochocinco is a funny guy and is just fun he is not a character concern. I'd also like to note that none of those guys were suspended prior to the season ever starting for breaking team rules, then after the first game of the season they punched an opposing player and tried to fight fans and he is supposedly lazy and unmotivated. TO is egotistical but he has never done anything that stupid. And wtf does Al Davis have to do with this?
        This was supposed to be a joke, you know.

Comment

i hate to go off topic but in response to your post, ocho cinco did throw a punch at marvin lewis in the locker room. And TO went from being a top 3 WR in the league to a journeyman.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
            i hate to go off topic but in response to your post, ocho cinco did throw a punch at marvin lewis in the locker room. And TO went from being a top 3 WR in the league to a journeyman.
            Nobody is TO other then PacMan Jones. I think Blount will go in the 4-5th round.

Comment

I like Blount a lot as a prospect.
              Michael Bush clone IMO, strong, but very nimble.
              no way he falls past the 5th round...
              GO RAVENS

Comment

If Mike Bell is let go, we want him.
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                  If Mike Bell is let go, we want him.
                  wouldn't you guys rather keep him rather pay bush?

Comment

4th-5th round is my guess.

I personally like him as a change of pace back, but nothing too special. I think he'll have a decent career as either that or a solid back-up at the next level. Just has to keep his head on straight.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                      wouldn't you guys rather keep him rather pay bush?
                      No, not even almost.

It's apparent nobody has even paid attention to Bush this year haha.
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

idk why, he reminds me of tony hunt, psu alum now free agent, was mvp of senior bowl, a RB/FB mix really, but didnt work in philly.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                          idk why, he reminds me of tony hunt, psu alum now free agent, was mvp of senior bowl, a RB/FB mix really, but didnt work in philly.
                          He's alot different then a RB/FB mix. He is a true power runner in a league with little depth there for a guy that big who can move that well. He reminds me alot of a Michael Bush/Brandon Jacobs mix who has pretty good vision and great power along with great feet. If he can keep his head on strait and keep his cool (for the record, i dont think he really has problems. He's a guy who made one mistake and has to live with the consequences.) then he could be a Jacobs kind of back where he is a primary back in a 2 or 3 back set.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                            WTF? Ochocinco is a funny guy and is just fun he is not a character concern.
                            Not until your team starts losing anyways.

edit: Reggie Bush is one of the best playoff running backs ever... lol
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              Not until your team starts losing anyways.

edit: Reggie Bush is one of the best playoff running backs ever... lol

It's not even that, if Bell were better running the ball, it might be an argument, but he's a battering ram and that's it.

Mike Bell had 172 carries, 3.8 yards per carry and 5 TDs

Reggie had 70 carries, 5.6 yards per carry and 5 TDs

But still, Reggie is elite as a receiver, elite as a blocker, and elite as a return man, and Bell offers nothing in any of those areas.

I like Bell, and all 3 of our RBs can't seem to stay healthy, but Thomas and Bush should have got many more of Bell's carries sometimes, but he got a lot of his when games were out of hand and we didn't want to run Thomas/Bush into the ground.

A big battering ram could fill the Bell void so easily, if he could catch like Michael Bush, he'd be so amazing here....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information