Tim Tebow Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow Thread

Thought this was kinda suprising. Usually the Seniors that don't play are ones with a high draft grade.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/colle...in_senior_bowl

cause he a *****

Comment

Dumbass. Of course, maybe it means scouts won't see his horrid quarterbacking.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
        Dumbass. Of course, maybe it means scouts won't see his horrid quarterbacking.
        So why would that make him a dumbass? Seems like a smart move on his part.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          So why would that make him a dumbass? Seems like a smart move on his part.
          It'll drop his stock IMO. The only way it works out for him IMO is if he is dead set on being an NFL quarterback. But if he's open to being a fullback, he needs to go, since apparently they wanted him to play there some.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Smart. A week of practices in an offense he has never played in would make him look awful.
            His stock will go up through things like interviews and work outs. This would probably hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
              It'll drop his stock IMO. The only way it works out for him IMO is if he is dead set on being an NFL quarterback. But if he's open to being a fullback, he needs to go.
              Hogwash. NFL personel have already spoken highly of him. I'll be surprised if he drops out of the first 2 rounds. Going to the Senior Bowl might turn him into a 3rd or 4th rounder. No one thinks it'll boost his stock and that's the only reason guys even go the the Senior Bowl.

Comment

Probably has more to do with the transition from a spread offense to a traditional one that it does with the fullback stuff.

Comment

Or he actually means that NFL is not his destination.

Comment

Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                    Or he actually means that NFL is not his destination.
                    Yeah, that makes sense. You HAVE TO go to the Senior Bowl if you want to play in the NFL. pft. :/

Comment

Guys, it doesn't say he's not going to play in it. Or even that he doesn't want to.

Originally posted by Tim Tebow
                      I don’t know. I haven’t talked to anybody about it,” Tebow said. “If the people I talk to that are wise think that I should play in it, I’ll go play in it. If they don’t, I won’t. I don’t know. I’ll do whatever I need to do [to impress NFL scouts and GMs] — throw out here a million times, I don’t care.
                      Non-story here.

Comment

Scouts will be upset because they wont see him run a traditional NFL offense. However this is probobally a good move for Tebow. A bad showing could really hurt his draft stock, somiliar to Graham Harrell though not that dramatic. Tebow has many flaws and the senior bowl could magnify them.

Comment

With Tebow not taking snaps under center, it wouldn't be smart to play in this game and basically have a week to get comfortable under center and more importantly display good footwork. The Senior Bowl really isn't in his best interest and would be a huge mistake. With Florida playing after New Year's Day he wouldn't have a ton of time to work on it prior to the Senior Bowl week. Joe Flacco was faced with this problem but he started right after his season at Deleware working with a QB's coach. I forget who it was, but remember it was one of Mike Mayock's friends. The Senior Bowl ultimately got Flacco into the first round in my opinion.

Comment

This smells of the NBA to me, let's somehow see if we can backdoor the whole process. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt till he doesnt show up but be prepared to be lambasted if he skips.

Comment

How about Colt Brennan? He didn't do to bad taking snaps under center.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information