Jahvid Best questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jahvid Best questions

Hey friends and foes! I just have a few questions on Cal RB Jahvid Best.

a) What are his strengths/weaknesses?
    b) Is he more of a 1-2 punch player?
    c) Is he doing alright after his scare?
    d) Is #33 ( Rams ) good value for him? Or will be be taken higher?
    e) Would he be idle for a team like St. Louis with a power RB?

Thanks!
    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post

Thanks!
    to answer letter e: the rams should trade stephen jackson, so they could definitely use a running back.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Jahvid Best= Reggie Bush, but smaller.... 3rd down RB.... LOTS of speed

Comment

Clearly has big time speed but kind of disappointed at times this season, and the injury is an issue. But cannot doubt the speed he brings to the table and the big play potential.

I would say he is not a Reggie Bush type player because Best cannot make people miss like that. Best is a speed guy, will run in the middle and will break it when the hole is there. Could develop into a great player if he gets stronger.

Comment

concussion is never funny. I think he will be always a COP runner in NFL but you never know.

Comment

So hard to predict runningback health, I mean, if he can stand up to the abuse, then he can be a heck of a back, but worst case, you put him in a committee and he's a dynamic guy still.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Best suffered one of the most devastating concussive injuries I've ever seen on a football field; take a look at the youtube vid where his body goes rigid; that's caused by pressure on the spinal cord. His helmet dislodges from the impact and his body goes into some kind of neuroleptic shock.
              When I first saw it, for a split second I thought Best was done.

Now, he's since recovered, apparently, from that injury, however I think it was MUCH more severe than originally reported.

I think in the right system he's a faster Brian Westbrook, but that injury against the Beavers worries me.
              How prone in the future is Best to suffering another head injury?

Comment

chris johnson suffered neck injuries deemed close to career ending and many teams frowned upon him because of his lack of production before he was given a legitimate o-line in his senior year at ecu, for the record neck injuries are much more serious than a concussion, if best can burn the combine like cj did i can easily see him going in the first round; however no one has ever burnt the combine like cj did but i do favor best as a some what similar player to cj and i believe with 4.3's speed he will be a 1st rounder

Comment

Thanks!
                  I like those last two questions a lot. If the Rams snagged Best, very feasible, would be a good pick in correlation with Jason Smith last year and Jackson/Best gives them a good shot at a menacing identity in the run game.

However as needs go, you couldn't be more off the mark. RB is just about the only position where St. Louis is actually ahead of the curve. 33 is a valuable pick, they need more building blocks and Best would be too much of a luxury.

Comment

Strengths - Speed/Vision/Footwork/Versatility/Receiving/High character guy/threat to score anytime he touches the ball;

Weaknesses - Lacks power/Injury prone/Blocking needs
                    improvement/Relatively small

Yes

Supposedly

Depends on needs. Who knows.

Yes. Also, his speed and cutback skills will be amplified on turf.

Thanks!
                    See responses above
                    Last edited by mellojello; 02-27-2010, 11:00 PM.

Comment

When I saw him as a sophomore, I thought that he was a truly special, once a decade type of prospect (even if he's a change-of-pace guy) but that injury was pretty scary. I agree with FUNBUNCHER:

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                      Best suffered one of the most devastating concussive injuries I've ever seen on a football field; take a look at the youtube vid where his body goes rigid; that's caused by pressure on the spinal cord. His helmet dislodges from the impact and his body goes into some kind of neuroleptic shock.
                      When I first saw it, for a split second I thought Best was done.
                      His medical tests will determine how high he goes.

After his initial neck injury, Sterling Sharpe was supposedly good-to-go. The next week he re-injured his neck, and his career was over. Fortunately, teams have gotten better at analyzing injuries over the past 15 years.

Comment

maybe he'll bulk up like Portis did when he came out of college.

Comment

Teams are too concussion weary for him to go in the first 2 rounds like he probably should.

Unless of course...he checks out OK medically. Or some team reaches.

Comment

I heard he's been putting up some stiff competition.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                              I heard he's been putting up some stiff competition.
                              That's just measurables...Ultimately, he really excels at the RB position. Anyone who doesn't think his skills aren't going to translate on Sundays is smoking crack.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information