X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy
    started a topic Early draft observations:

Early draft observations:

Have not done any mock draft stuff till know, a few things stood out for me.

Suh, McCoy and Price should all be gone within the first 10 selections.

Seahawks have a big selection that could change the draft a lot based on what they do.

Do they take a quarterback like Clausen or Bradford?
    Do they take a defensive tackle like Price?
    Do they take a corner like Haden?
    Do they take a safety like Mays?

They can go a lot of ways but I would say best bet is a player like Price. Some might consider it high but he is an impact defensive lineman and he would take up blockers for that outstanding linebacking core to really shine.

Joe Haden is possibly one of the five more talented players in the draft but he could drop a little based on early team needs. A great player and if he dropped to let us say 13th, that would be a flat out steal because he is by far the best corner in this class.

Steelers might be a lock to get Maurkice Pouncey, he would be a great addition to their organization and I cannot see how they could not take him.

Rolando McClain is going to be a flat up steal as well, another player who is a top talent by far, but might drop because he is a inside linebacker and because of team needs. Look for the Giants to possibly make a run at him, they would be smart too because Pierce is not getting any younger. There is not way they should not pick him up.

Bengals have a real good chance of getting Mardy Gilyard at receiver and most likely will do that.

Patriots have a real good chance as well of getting Sergio Kindle as a rush outside linebacker. That position has been extremely weak for them for the past few years. They could also possibly get Pierre Paul if he drops or take a shot at Daryl Washington.

Brandon Spikes not drafted in the 1st round, that could happen possibly. Especially with the dumb things he did on the field this season. This is more proof that a player who has a breakout junior year and plays outstanding, leave school early or your draft stock with drop. Just ask the inside linebackers from Ohio State and USC in last years draft how coming back as a senior helped them.

Snead or Pike could be picked up in the second round by St. Louis because I doubt they take a quarterback #1 overall. And getting those two guys in the 2nd would be a great value.

Dwyer to San Diego? I think it would be a great fit because clearly LT is past his prime and they need a power back to go with Sproles.

Colt McCoy is easily going to drop into the 3rd round possibly. And Tim Tebow, really big risk taking him and he could drop into the 3rd as well, I would not be surprised.

Arrelious Benn, despite having a really poor season, he could very well be a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

Any other observations out there?

• Unbiased
    replied
    Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    Don't be surprised to see Spoon gone at 18.
    Yeah, I think I heard Jbond say the STeelers are interested in Spoon. That would be a great replacement for Farrior. He's the type of player every team needs.

Leave a comment:

• Hines
    replied
    Don't be surprised to see Spoon gone at 18.

Leave a comment:

• eagles6606
    replied
    Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
    I honestly believe the Eagles will trade out of the 1st. I'm thinking the Rams might make a move on the Eagles pick if Sam Bradford is still available. I also believe that if Taylor Mays is still available, we might trade with the Vikings.
    I disagree with the Eagles trading out of the first. They have some big needs on defense (FS, DE, and OLB) and if they want to make a run next year they will need to fill them. I could very easily see the Eagles trading up for a Taylor Mays, Earl Thomas, Carlos Dunlap, or Sean Weatherspoon. I believe the Eagles will be agressive in the first round and target either a safety, defensive end, or linebacker.

Leave a comment:

• prock
    replied
    I honestly believe the Eagles will trade out of the 1st. I'm thinking the Rams might make a move on the Eagles pick if Sam Bradford is still available. I also believe that if Taylor Mays is still available, we might trade with the Vikings.

Bottom line is, Eagles should be moving around quite a bit come draft day.
    **** taylor mays, trade with the vikes if bradford is still available!

Leave a comment:

• zachsaints52
    replied

I concur whole heartedly. Trade!

Leave a comment:

• superman8456
    replied
    Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
    W-Spoon will not get past PHi at #25. Could you imagine their OLB tandem? Spoon Squared!

Leave a comment:

• zachsaints52
    replied
    W-Spoon will not get past PHi at #25. Could you imagine their OLB tandem? Spoon Squared!
    No I will not imagine it!!! LALALALALAL

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied
    PIT trades with IND, Colts get Bulaga/Iupati at #18 and Steelers get Pouncey at #31.

Perfect, huh?
    Polian never, ever, ever, ever trades up. The Tony Ugoh selection was the exception and after that experiment blew up, I doubt he does it anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• Hines
    replied
    PIT trades with IND, Colts get Bulaga/Iupati at #18 and Steelers get Pouncey at #31.

Perfect, huh?
    I wouldn't mind that. Steelers could squeeze in a 2011 first rounder or a second rounder from them.

Leave a comment:

• RealityCheck
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
    Saints get Weatherspoon. That is all I care about :)
    He'll be long gone by then. Sorry, buddy.

Leave a comment:

• RealityCheck
    replied
    Originally posted by Nalej View Post
    Obviously that philosophy is fcked since our pass rush minus Banta Cain is ZERO!
    Do u know how bad u have to be for your best OLB named Banta Cain!?!
    Yeah, but... Offense is the best defense. Wait, defense is the best offense as well.

Leave a comment:

• Nalej
    replied
    Originally posted by SKim172 View Post
    I agree that the Pats probably won't go OLB in the 1st - the philosophy there seems to be that they can find players just as good in later rounds.
    Obviously that philosophy is fcked since our pass rush minus Banta Cain is ZERO!
    Do u know how bad u have to be for your best OLB named Banta Cain!?!

Leave a comment:

• RealityCheck
    replied
    Originally posted by Nalej View Post
    It's only perfect bc that means the Saints won the Super Bowl :D
    Dude, that's obvious. :D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information