X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 3-4 D prospects (Pre-combine)

DE/DT

Ndamukung Suh - Duh.

Arthur Jones - In the mold of Ty Warren. Can get stronger and gain weight, but should do so in the NFL.

Gerald McCoy - Might be overrated as a 3-4 DE...I'm weary of OkSU DT too.

Vince Oghobaase - Has prototypical size and skillset, but hasn't done much to inspire confidence this year.

Jared Odrick - Would be a great 3rd round pick, but I still think the first is too high. I'm slightly weary of Penn State DL.

Mike Neal - Very, very stout player. Will be solid for whoever drafts him.

Corey Wooton - Developmental DE in the mold of Chris Canty.

Alex Carrington - Stout guy who can add more weight to his frame. Reminds me of Shaun Ellis a little...

Brandon Deaderick - Same as Carrington, but not as good an athlete. His teammate, Lorenzo Washington, could easily take his spot.

Clifton Geathers - Projectable frame and upside remain his pluses. Theres maybe another name or two that could replace him at 10.

3-4 OLBs:

Brandon Graham - Durability puts him over Hardy. Extremely well coached and from a good program for 3-4 players.

Greg Hardy - Would be the best DE period in this draft if he were health.

Everson Griffen - Kind of forgotten right now since it's not combine, but explosive and from a big program.

Brandon Lang - Really well coached player with good size and athleticism. Really loose athlete.

Eric Norwood - Plays OLB and is really good at it.

George Selvie - Experienced college DE with good size, projection, and current tool set. Could fly up with a big combine.

Sergio Kindle - Played LB in college, but very raw. Right now more of a measurables guy.

Lindsey Witten - Very fluid athlete. One of my favorite sleepers.

Jerry Hughes - A little overrated. Can/will go high, but has alot to polish. Very explosive.

Jermaine Cunningham - Better player than his more hyped teammate.

Pierre-Paul should be on there, but I'm not high on him. There difference between them gets smaller a I move down the list. Misi is also really interesting...

NT:

Terrence Cody - Beast potential. I think he's a character guy and wants it.

DanWilliams - Lacks projection, but he's a good solid player as is.

Boo Robinson - Has projection. Very good athlete for a guy who can develop into a NT.

Cam Thomas - Has a NT's body. Very strong. Long arms.

Torrell Troup - Built like a box. Small school sleeper.

Ekom Udofia - Biggest DT on the Staford DL. Made himself draftable with this team's strong performace.

Al Woods - Developmental.

D'Anthony Smith

Linval Joseph - Developmental. General 3-4 DL prospect.

Kade Weston - Developmentals.

ILB:

Rolando McClain - Best LB prospect since Willis.

Eric Norwood - OLB/ILB more than DE/OLB, but enough of a pass rusher to play DE.

Sean Weatherspoon - If he really is 245 a 3-4 D can figure out how to use him.

AJ Edds - Underrated athlete with good size and projection...again someone who can fit multiple schemes.

Brandon Spikes - Polished player. Can play any LB spot in any scheme. Similar to Bart Scott.

Cameron Sheffield - Like Norwood, playing OLB in college helps make him an ILB/OLB prospect as well. Stout, and extremely good athlete.

Thaddeus Gibson - Very good athlete and pass rusher who played LB in college. Can also play OLB.

Pat Angerer - Stout guy...underrated athlete.

Navarro Bowman - Really good athlete. With work, can be a good run stopper.

Sam Maxwell - I like him. 6 INTs as a LB at Kentucy...good size at 6'3 245.

Maybe the Pats can trade both of their 2011 1sts for the 1st overall pick and take Suh... No.

Comment

I think Williams has solidified himself as the top nose tackle. While Cody is one dimensional, Williams can do it all. I don't think there's any doubt that he's a top 15 pick at this point.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
      <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
      <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
      <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

IMO, Griffin, Selvie, JPP and Hardy are best suited to play DE in a 4-3.

And McCLain doesn't look like a better LB prospect than Matthews, Orakpo or Cushing from where I'm sitting; I bet all those guys eat him up in the 40(!!) and in the weight room.

Is there anyone else that still prefers the 4-3 to the 3-4 base D, like myself??

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
          Is there anyone else that still prefers the 4-3 to the 3-4 base D, like myself??
          I do. The 3-4 sucks imo.

Comment

Nope. I prefer the 3-4 since it offers so many options. But since most of the teams are running it these days I'm beginning to hope that the Patriots will switch to the 4-3. It's used to be hard finding impact players for the 3-4 in the draft, now it's almost impossible.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

I like the 4-6 the most :)

Comment

Where is Dunlap on that list, I would probably put him after Suh, Mccoy and maybe Jones.
                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Coples is that dude.
                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

D'Anthony Smith as a NT??? I'm guessing you didn't mean to do that

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Nope. I absolutely love the 34. The players are harder to get to fit but when you get the parts- the whole is fantastic
                    It's just so deceiving and I love 34 DL. 900-1000lbs on the DLine on just 3 players
                    and then add another ILB with bigger OLBs... its just sexy
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Agreed. The 3-4 is awesome.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                      <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                      <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                      <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                        Maybe the Pats can trade both of their 2011 1sts for the 1st overall pick and take Suh... No.
                        Or sign Peppers.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          Or sign Peppers.

.....BINGO!
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            D'Anthony Smith as a NT??? I'm guessing you didn't mean to do that
                            He's got the frame to put on the weight. General DL anyway...I think the 3-4 DL is far more liquid than it's treated by fans. I'd use him as an end at first.
                            Last edited by SenorGato; 02-07-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

yes. i hate the 3-4. im kind of a traditionalist. i hate playing 3-4 teams in madden.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information