Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Mayock ranks the top 5 DT's post Senior Bowl.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Mayock ranks the top 5 DT's post Senior Bowl.

He says 12-14 DT's could go in the 1st 3 rounds. 4 or 5 likely for round 1.
    Here's a video of his analysis.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ayock-top-5-DT
    And proud of it!!!

He said he has Mccoy @ 1 and Suh 1a. He said their both amazing prospects

Comment

Cam Thomas could play all 34 D-Line spots.

Comment

Cam Thomas is everybody's favorite DL now that Mayock has mentioned him. Forget that he's been rated as a 5th-6h rounder for his career. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Cam Thomas is everybody's favorite DL now that Mayock has mentioned him. Forget that he's been rated as a 5th-6h rounder for his career. Love it!
          When you put up against the best seniors in the nation that tends to raise your rating!

Comment

I think having McCoy "ahead" of Suh is strictly to cause a bit of a stir and hence, draw attention to himself. Wouldn't surprise me if this came up in a lot of sports shows in the coming days to be debated by whomever is on that day.

When all is said and done, I'd be very, very, very (yes, that deserved 3) surprised if McCoy goes ahead of Suh. Very.

Comment

am I the only one who hates when sites will just post a video rather than asking their people write an article? sure, this was likely on TV and it's easy to just link it on the site, but I'd rather read a transcript of this than sit through watching it. That said, this could be a crazy year for DTs.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Suh and McCoy are much closer as pro prospects than they were as college players. I have Suh as #1 personally, but I don't have a problem with Mayock having McCoy #1.

Comment

Wouldn't shock me if Mccoy went ahead of Suh. They are two different types of players and one might fit a certain scheme better than another.

Besides, Mayock isn't the only person I've seen rate McCoy higher.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    I think having McCoy "ahead" of Suh is strictly to cause a bit of a stir and hence, draw attention to himself. Wouldn't surprise me if this came up in a lot of sports shows in the coming days to be debated by whomever is on that day.

When all is said and done, I'd be very, very, very (yes, that deserved 3) surprised if McCoy goes ahead of Suh. Very.
                    Don't be that surprised. The Rams have two young NT's in Clifton Ryan and Dorrell Scott. Spags loves explosive, athletic D-Lineman. I think McCoy is a better prospect as a pure 3-tech because of his explosiveness. Not saying it will happen but don't be shocked if it does. Although in the end they both have the ability to be very disruptive and be a major factor against the run and the pass, they go about it in a very different way. A lot of it depends on which players' skill set is the best fits the type of DT a team wants for their defensive system.

Comment

Anyone who takes McCoy ahead of Suh is making a very ballsy decision. Basically they would be bucking the trend and if it backfires they will have some serious egg on their face.

If it comes off you look good though. I personally think both are going to be very good but if you take McCoy first, he basically has to be better than Suh for you to win that pick.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                        Anyone who takes McCoy ahead of Suh is making a very ballsy decision. Basically they would be bucking the trend and if it backfires they will have some serious egg on their face.

If it comes off you look good though. I personally think both are going to be very good but if you take McCoy first, he basically has to be better than Suh for you to win that pick.
                        People were saying the same thing when the Texans took Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. Just sayin.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Let's not forget when the colts took Edge over Ricky Williams...it all comes down to scheme and what you want out of a player.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                            When you put up against the best seniors in the nation that tends to raise your rating!
                            I call that the "Gabe Watson" effect. Pull a couple of spin moves and walla!

Comment

I was reading an article on PFT about this and they speculated that Mayock could be concerned with Suh's two knee surgeries.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information