X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Wright
    started a topic 2/11 - Mock Draft Updated

2/11 - Mock Draft Updated

I just posted a new mock draft, which is the first two rounder of the year.

You can link to the latest edition via the main page:

2010 Mock Draft - v.6.0
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions just like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)

• SRK85
    replied
    Hmm looks good so far but for some reason it makes more sense for Bradford to be the 1st QB picked and I doubt the Patriots would draft Tebow. I think someone will trade towards the end of the 1st round to get Tebow.

Leave a comment:

• Babylon
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
    Keep in mind that Seattle hired Alex Gibbs, a.k.a. The Zone Blocking Guru, as their offensive line coach so they aren't going to necessarily be looking for a 330 pound blocker. In fact, knowing that Gibbs can turn later picks into very good players in that scheme could make the Seahawks feel even more comfortable in passing on a left tackle in the first round.
    Makes sense but if you're looking for a cornerstone at LT to replace Walter Jones i myself wouldn't pass on Okung/Davis/Okung. The Pac-10 wasnt noted for their DEs this year and i saw Brown struggle with a lot of them, not my favorite player.

Leave a comment:

• Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
    really? I dont think anyone on Denvers' roster during his time there was bigger then 290, and during his stay with the Falcons, reports came out you couldn't be bigger then 290, and the biggest linemen he worked with are the ones in Houston, and Brown at 315 is the biggest one i believe. The weight requirements have followed him through out his coaching career, and is a major requirement for the ZBS to have success.
    I don't understand how this is a reaction to anything I said.

Leave a comment:

• PACKmanN
    replied
    Originally posted by Addict View Post
    or maybe just for Atlanta's players. I don't think that a guy whose schemes are obviously incapable of catering to a team's needs would still have a job anywhere in the NFL.
    really? I dont think anyone on Denvers' roster during his time there was bigger then 290, and during his stay with the Falcons, reports came out you couldn't be bigger then 290, and the biggest linemen he worked with are the ones in Houston, and Brown at 315 is the biggest one i believe. The weight requirements have followed him through out his coaching career, and is a major requirement for the ZBS to have success.

Leave a comment:

• SenorGato
    replied
    Originally posted by grignotte View Post
    In my latest mock I've got the Browns taking Dez Bryant at #7. I know they took 2 receivers in the second round last year, but none of them as as much talent as Bryant. S or CB are also strong possibilities here but I guess Berry will be off the board when they pick. In the end it might be Haden or Bryant, considering value and need.

What do you think about this ?
    I did the same.

Look at their offense right now...the OL is built and the left side is very nice with Thomas-Steinbach-Mack....they've got a couple of RBs right now with Harrison and Davis...they have Mass as a guy with #2 WR upside...Robiskie isn't a #1 weapon...they have no TE but no TE is going 7...Bryant would at least add a dynamic in the passing game that they don't have.

Haden would be nice for their D, but there's at least 10 CBs with at least 2nd round potential....

Leave a comment:

• Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by scar988 View Post
    very very true. the year later when they could gain the weight back the OL looked tremendously better, and the very next year, they only allowed 17 sacks and had the leagues 2nd leading rusher. his scheme is outdated for today's players.
    or maybe just for Atlanta's players. I don't think that a guy whose schemes are obviously incapable of catering to a team's needs would still have a job anywhere in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• scar988
    replied
    Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
    Plus I read somewhere when he got fired from ATL, i believe, the linemen hated him because he always excepeted them to be in the 280-290 range at the start of TC.
    very very true. the year later when they could gain the weight back the OL looked tremendously better, and the very next year, they only allowed 17 sacks and had the leagues 2nd leading rusher. his scheme is outdated for today's players.

Leave a comment:

• PACKmanN
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
    Keep in mind that Seattle hired Alex Gibbs, a.k.a. The Zone Blocking Guru, as their offensive line coach so they aren't going to necessarily be looking for a 330 pound blocker. In fact, knowing that Gibbs can turn later picks into very good players in that scheme could make the Seahawks feel even more comfortable in passing on a left tackle in the first round.
    Plus I read somewhere when he got fired from ATL, i believe, the linemen hated him because he always excepeted them to be in the 280-290 range at the start of TC.

Leave a comment:

• scar988
    replied
    Sergio Kindle to Atlanta? he doesn't fit the scheme or the character we look for here. bad pick.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Regular
    replied
    Originally posted by Babylon View Post
    Charles Brown to Seattle doesnt make sense to me because i see them taking a tackle in the first.

Brown's immediate problem is a lack of bulk, he came to SC as a TE and seems to have a hard time getting up to the 300lb level. Add to that he gets pushed back at the point of attack and i think he is severly overrated. If he played at Kansas or a Texas Tech (trying to think of less heralded programs) i think we'd be looking at a 4th round pick.
    Charles Brown is a perfect ZBS LT. Add in the Pete Carroll factor, and the guy is pretty much a perfect fit for Seattle.

I also may be in the minority here, but I think Brown is a phenomenal prospect. I wouldn't mind the Packers taking him at 23 to be honest. His passblocking is really good, he kicks out well in the run game, and I've seen him excel at the second level. Most of his weaknesses (i.e. getting pushed back) all seem to stem from his lack of bulk. If he gets up to 300, give or take, I think he'll be a great LT.

Leave a comment:

• grignotte
    replied
    A WR to Cleveland ??

In my latest mock I've got the Browns taking Dez Bryant at #7. I know they took 2 receivers in the second round last year, but none of them as as much talent as Bryant. S or CB are also strong possibilities here but I guess Berry will be off the board when they pick. In the end it might be Haden or Bryant, considering value and need.

What do you think about this ?

Leave a comment:

• keylime_5
    replied
    I could dig Jahvid Best in round 2. He would be a higher pick if not for injury issues. You need 2 runningbacks in this league and Harrison isn't a sure thing. That said RB isn't a big need for us compared to RT, RG, S, QB, TE, and even WR (though I doubt we get another 2nd round WR after taking 2 last year). My gut says we take Haden in round 1 if he's there and an OL in round 2.

Leave a comment:

• Brown Leader
    replied
    Scott-I think it's more likely to see Holmgrem & Heckert attempt to build the best young O-Line in the league then the best set of young corners. [Arguably- Cincy CBs already hold that down.]

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
    The Browns 2nd round pick doesn't make sense.

First, there are better players at bigger positions of need on the board.

Second, the Browns already have a smallish-speed back in Jerome Harrison, so if you want to give us a running back, Jonathan Dwyer makes far more sense as a complement.

Third, Jahvid Best's concussion history and the NFL's new focus on concussion make this a precarious pick as it remains to be seen where the NFL is going with this. I think he's gonna fall as a result.
    Maby the first time I've agreed with w24 but if Harrison is resigned I don't see the value in drafting Best. Also think the concussions will play a factor, perhaps a drop from high to late 2nd?
    Last edited by Brown Leader; 02-14-2010, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Wright
    replied
    Originally posted by Babylon View Post
    Charles Brown to Seattle doesnt make sense to me because i see them taking a tackle in the first.

Brown's immediate problem is a lack of bulk, he came to SC as a TE and seems to have a hard time getting up to the 300lb level. Add to that he gets pushed back at the point of attack and i think he is severly overrated. If he played at Kansas or a Texas Tech (trying to think of less heralded programs) i think we'd be looking at a 4th round pick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information