Greg Hardy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Hardy?

It seems not all to long ago greg hardy was considered a first round pick... hes everything u need in one hes got the size (6'5 265-275ish) and speed runs about 4.65. Now it seems hardy has fallen off of the face of the earth and is getting 3rd,4th and 5th round grades. can someone elaborate on what happened? is it strictly injury concerns, lack of production or are there problems with character?

Its a combination of all these things. His production did not go up this year, and that also hurt his stock. He needs a solid combine to get him at the 2nd-3rd.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

It's not a lack of production. When he's on the field, he's one of the best defensive ends in the country. It's that he has an increasingly hard time of staying on the field that's the problem. He's still recovering from season ending wrist stuff and had a bad ankle that never really healed well from last year. There's a bit of a mixed bag as far as his character goes. Scott stepped away very impressed with him after his interview and if you read it he really comes across extremely well. There are rumblings that he isn't a high character guy around too though. Doesn't seem to really be a crime type thing, just more of a work ethic/entitlement thing more so...but it's never really elaborated on. Seems like a smart kid from what I've seen of him/heard.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

He had an awful week at the East-West Shrine Game where he struggled beating tightends according to one website and he showed up about 285 pounds which might be a problem, toss in character concerns (word is that Ole Miss isn't doing him any favors in interviews with scouts), injury concerns and work ethic concerns. He has slid and he will be a day 3 pick this year after entering the season as the premier DE in the draft.

Comment

Injuries....otherwise he's a top 10 prospect and the best DE in this class.

He's the one DE/OLB prospect I'd love to take at 29. It's too much of a steal...like Kiwi to the Giants. Don't think he plummets all that far on draft day if he has a good combine.

Comment

I will go on record saying the guy is the best 3-4 SOLB prospect in the country. Whoever gets him gets a steal. This is a guy I would seriously consider in the first round and certainly wouldnt let get by in the 2nd.

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Comment

Kiwi never had the character/injury/production concerns that Hardy has, that is why Hardy is a 3rd rounder IMO

Comment

Originally posted by adamprez2003 View Post
                I will go on record saying the guy is the best 3-4 SOLB prospect in the country. Whoever gets him gets a steal. This is a guy I would seriously consider in the first round and certainly wouldnt let get by in the 2nd.
                He's up to near 280 pound now, and it's not bad weight. Don't think that lends itself well to being a 3-4 OLB at all. Pure 4-3 DE IMO.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

There are no concerns about his production, don't make any mistake about that. Whenever he played healthy he was a game changer. He does have an ego and that kind of got to the coaching staff, but I wouldn't really say he has character concerns. He is a freakish talent and an impact player, he just needs to stay healthy. If he can do that he has the ability to play end in a 4-3 or LB in a 3-4.

Comment

I'd love for the Seahawks to take a shot on him in round 2 if he's there, if he can put it all together and get his injuries behind him then he would be a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                      He's up to near 280 pound now, and it's not bad weight. Don't think that lends itself well to being a 3-4 OLB at all. Pure 4-3 DE IMO.
                      didnt know that. if he's that heavy and cant slim down to 265 then you're right, he's a 4-3 de. if he can play at 265 he will be an awesome 3-4 SOLB

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                        Kiwi never had the character/injury/production concerns that Hardy has, that is why Hardy is a 3rd rounder IMO
                        I don't even know about these character concerns for Hardy, and I've followed him as a player for 3+ years now. Like with many players, they're overblown because players need a weakness.

The injuries are legit...No clue what's wrong with his production...in the little time he saw the field this year he was leading Ole Miss (a very good SEC D) with sacks...plus he deflected 3 passes.

Hardy going in the 3rd would be as epic a steal as Tuck falling to the 3rd in '05. Remember people had Tuck going to the Pats in Round 1 that year...

He's a high end athlete with excellent, well rounded football skills...One of the few high end players in this draft who offers more than his physical upside, as anyone and everyone who's seen him raves about his play. Even at about 80% when he was on the field this year he was still good...
                        Last edited by SenorGato; 02-13-2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

yeah i agree hes gonna be a huge steal for anyone that gets him

Comment

If he falls to the Bears first pick (fat chance), I'll splooge my pants.

He's a stud. He'd be an incredible LE.

Comment

If we trade Osi I want us to use our 2 third rounders to trade up into the second for Hardy, who I do think will fall just outside of the top 40 not because of his merits but just because he'll give too many GMs bad vibes.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information