Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demaryius Thomas breaks foot

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/354488...s-player_news/

Sounds like it will only keep him out of the testing period, but obviously it won't help his stock. Where does he go now?

Should still go in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankGore View Post

Sounds like it will only keep him out of the testing period, but obviously it won't help his stock. Where does he go now?
      This one hurts a lot for Thomas, as there was a big question about his straight-line speed, feet, and ability to separate. He's a very raw prospect coming out of Georgia Tech's offense. Huge guy, plays bigger than he is, great blocker, a downfield threat and he looks like a good athlete on film. He's not particularly smooth though and he has not been exposed to a full route tree. I personally would look for him to go between 50-65 in April. He had a chance to potentially surprise/shine at the Combine and had a 1st Round shot. Definitely a hit here even if the injury won't bother him in minicamp/training camp.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by FrankGore View Post

Not sure where they're getting top 32 pick. I think because he played in a system that isnt kind to WRs he had a lot to prove leading up to the draft and this is going to all but kill that chance. You probably have two guys now in him and Decker that cant workout but could be steals for someone a round or two later than expected.

Comment

Actually, I think this really sucks for him. Might drop him down a round. Timed speed was going to either give him a huge boost or shoot him down a bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

damn... this sucks
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Can anyone see him being a Dwayne Jarret/Mike Williams for Pete Carroll and Jeremy Bates?(OC for Denver when Cutler and B-Marsh looked like Young to Rice)
              Originally posted by STARHEATHER
              the only hot actreeses are adult
              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
              players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
              Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

4th round or later wouldn't surprise me now.

Comment

Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
                  Can anyone see him being a Dwayne Jarret/Mike Williams for Pete Carroll and Jeremy Bates?(OC for Denver when Cutler and B-Marsh looked like Young to Rice)
                  You'd like to think a better comparison would be a Vincent Jackson of the Chargers but without answering the speed question this injury cant be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    I wouldn't be shocked either. He's one who I could see dropping to the early-mid fourth.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                    - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                    www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      There is already speculation on Bills message boards that if Thomas makes it to the 3rd Gailey would take him.
                      2015 Bills Draft:

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        You'd like to think a better comparison would be a Vincent Jackson of the Chargers but without answering the speed question this injury cant be a good thing.
                        To me, in the NFL, an Anquan Boldin type. Maybe even a poor mans Terrell Owens(type of player. Obviously not going to call him being that productive. Not insane). That's the high end for him. The floor, however, is very low. Testing was HUGE for him. Honestly thought he was going to run 4.4 something and shoot up a lot of boards.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          To me, in the NFL, an Anquan Boldin type. Maybe even a poor mans Terrell Owens(type of player. Obviously not going to call him being that productive. Not insane). That's the high end for him. The floor, however, is very low. Testing was HUGE for him. Honestly thought he was going to run 4.4 something and shoot up a lot of boards.

I know you're charitable with the 40 times but i dont see him near that time. I do like the size and blocking ability, top shelf there.

Comment

I'm not that generous with 40 times(Brandon Spikes will run 4.8 ;)), I don't think. I have this thing where I fall in love with big college receivers though. I'm learning, but Thomas I'm pretty sure is legit. Realistically, I think he could have run low 4.5, which isn't that far off the 4.55 Scott has. 4.45+ is possible for him though, IMO. He beat corners and safeties multiple times this year with his speed. The one thing that makes it tough to judge is that he was pretty much singled all day. Rarely do you see a guy get doubled in college that much, but it's pretty much just single man safety deep with go routes for him all day. Hasn't had to deal with complex coverage schemes, not last year anyway.
                            Last edited by ElectricEye; 02-17-2010, 07:26 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=664

France did confirm that Thomas had run a 4.38 forty last week after weighing in at 227-pounds. France tolud us the run was filmed and every NFL team would receive a copy. More later this evening.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information