X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared Veldheer

Interesting read I saw while on Yahoo..

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...sp?CID=1053376

Where do you guys see him going in this draft?
    With Butler retiring and no left tackle, the Bills may need to draft two tackles.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

This guy is a mountain of a man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZUoHh8gupE

He is huge!
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Post combine I think he'll be a 3rd rounder at worst. Maybe he can even sneak up into the 2nd.

Comment

Kinda reminds me of Sebastian Vollmer in a way

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
          When I first read about him that is the comparison I came up with. It's not perfect but there are some similarities.

At 6'8, his 315 lbs aren't that much. If he can bench 225 33 times then he's obviously got some strength. The 33" arms are surprising at his height, I would've expected a bit longer. If he's athletic as his coaches say he is he will certainly be an interesting prospect to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
            My thought exactly. I've actually been considering changing Asamoah with Veldheer on my wish list for the first two rounds. Imagine Vollmer and Veldheer as bookends... That would be crazy.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

ive been calling him this years vollmer for 2 months. im actually sad that hes starting to catch respect recently. he wont be there in rd 4 for the skins at this rate...hes been in the top 10 of my OT rankings the whole time. i love him for a zbs like shanahans.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                My thought exactly. I've actually been considering changing Asamoah with Veldheer on my wish list for the first two rounds. Imagine Vollmer and Veldheer as bookends... That would be crazy.
                The Flying V's
                Patriots Draft 2015
                1. CB - Marcus Peters
                2. WR - Sammie Coates
                3. RB - David Johnson
                3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                4. OG - Tre Jackson
                4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                5. LB - Ben Heeney
                6. TE - Wes Saxton
                7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

IMO after Charles Brown this OT group is piss poor flooded with RT's. guys Like Veldheer and Washington out of TCU could see there stock rise because of this.
                  Patriots Draft 2015
                  1. CB - Marcus Peters
                  2. WR - Sammie Coates
                  3. RB - David Johnson
                  3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                  4. OG - Tre Jackson
                  4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                  5. LB - Ben Heeney
                  6. TE - Wes Saxton
                  7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Will skyrocket after the combine. I could see him end up at #31 to the Colts.

Comment

I think he is more ahtletic and stronger than Vollmer. Not alike at all.
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

OK, I'll be the contrarian. People fall in love with those workout numbers, but I don't think he's worth spending anything earlier than a R4 on. Vollmer played for Houston: not exactly Bama or USC, but it wasn't Hillsdale. That means Veldheer was facing powerhouse pass rushers from the likes of Tiffin, Northwood, and Ashland. This guy is going to be very, very raw from a technique standpoint, and anyone advocating using a R1 pick on a guy who no one here's seen film on...

Consider that players like Iupati and Ducasse are going to need time to get coached up. They're going to have some tough sledding if they start early on, and it's possible they might sit a year behind a vet. These guys are still from a LOC that we can at least locate on our radar. This kid Veldheer is going to need most, if not all, of his rookie contract just to learn how to ply his trade. I expect him to have great triangle numbers and look a bit shaky in the drills. You get him into camp and have to carry him on the roster as a project, that impacts cap consideration (assuming a CBA).

So, for a guy who could be a dominant LT in the year 2013 or 2014, there is no way I'd spend anything more than a R4. In fact, I'd probably just wait a year and draft a big program LT and keep the roster spot free. Facing DeMarcus Ware or James Harrison is a wee bit different than mirroring Biff Jenkins from Tiffin.

JMO.

Comment

I have to think he'll be there in the 4th. I do think he'll test very well but come draft day, he'll be the guy from Hillsdale. He's a fantastic prospect that I think ends up going where he should go, not where he could go.

I will say I might be biased since I reeaally want him on the Bears.
                          I want a sig.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                            I think he is more ahtletic and stronger than Vollmer. Not alike at all.
                            Vollmer is actually disgustingly quick for his size. Probably one of the most purely athletic tackles in the league right now. His lateral agility is unreal, as is his ability to get up to the second level and maul people. He was our best linemen last year outside of Mankins. If Veldheer is that athletic, then he'll do very well for himself. I'm not sold on him though, there's really not much to go on besides people saying he's a big time sleeper pick.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                              Will skyrocket after the combine. I could see him end up at #31 to the Colts.
                              Veldheer did go to Howard Mudd's alma mater.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information