X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWills
    started a topic Dunlap=Elephant

Dunlap=Elephant

Does anyone else think that Dunlap has the athleticism to play in the elephant role of a 3-4 for the Pats? BB has always liked big 3-4 OLB's...McGinest-270, Thomas-270, Vrabel-260 but I would think he can play the same position McGinest play, set the edge nicely. It would be the same position as if Peppers was signed. This guy has top 8 potential, just needs to be motivated. I don't think he can fit as a 3-4 end because the system doesn't fit his abilities, I don't think he is stout enough to do what Seymour and Warren do in that alignment. Thoughts?

• CC.SD
    replied
    Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
    First thing I thought of was he had a big nose
    I thought he was trying to challenge Greg Oden.

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Didn't hurt Terrence Cody.
    But he hasn't been drafted yet

Leave a comment:

• RealityCheck
    replied
    Originally posted by nyqua View Post
    First thing I thought was that Dunlap became an elephant.

How would that impact his draft stock?
    Didn't hurt Terrence Cody.

Leave a comment:

• nyqua
    replied
    First thing I thought was that Dunlap became an elephant.

How would that impact his draft stock?

Leave a comment:

• ElectricEye
    replied
    It's been talked about. If anyone is going to take him as a 3-4 OLB, it'll be us. BB likes HUGE linebackers, and he would certainly fit the bill. Not sure it would be a good idea though. He's not fluid enough, as mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• AntoinCD
    replied
    Originally posted by MiWolves View Post
    The first thing i thought of when i went into this thread was Dunlap got fat.
    First thing I thought of was he had a big nose

Leave a comment:

• MiWolves
    replied
    The first thing i thought of when i went into this thread was Dunlap got fat.

Leave a comment:

• phlysac
    replied
    My definition of "Elephant" comes from Charles Haley's time in San Francisco. I don't see an "Elephant" in a 3-4 team. To me an "Elephant" is a player that can play both DE and OLB in a 4-3. Dunlap CANNOT play 4-3 OLB.

Leave a comment:

• RealityCheck
    replied
    I'd rather have Everson Griffen play that role.

Leave a comment:

• AntoinCD
    replied
    I think Dunlaps athleticism is being overrated. He's big, long and may time very fast but doesn't seem very fluid. Could he do it? Probably but he would be best suited to play with his hand in the dirt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information