Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scott Wright Twitter: JPP skyrocketing to #3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Wright Twitter: JPP skyrocketing to #3?

For those who don't follow Scott on Twitter, you're missing out. I found this really interesting, he just posted it:

DraftCountdown: "I keep hearing more and more chatter that South Florida DE Jason Pierre-Paul could be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers guy at #3 overall."

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

I keep hearing it as well. McShay had him 3rd overall last week. But i dunno.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Based on what, exactly, makes JPP on par (nearly) as a pro prospect to Mario Williams and Julius Peppers??

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
        Based on what, exactly, makes JPP on par (nearly) as a pro prospect to Mario Williams and Julius Peppers??
        No one said he was. But he's going to get looks in the Top 3 regardless. That "u" word applies here...

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

he must have a HUGE combine to get draftet at #3 and even than i doubt it that he gets draftet that high.
          i think that absolutely highest he gets draftet is at #6 to Seattle.
          but i wouldn't touch him before pick #12

Comment

Not that I don't believe that the scouts are saying things like this, but I just can't understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Supporting Caste View Post
              Not that I don't believe that the scouts are saying things like this, but I just can't understand it.
              Let's assume everything we've heard is true physically...

6'6 - 260 - 36 inch arms - 4.55-4.65 40 Yard Dash (rumors of sub 4.5).... He's a physical marvel in that Peppers/Mario Williams mold. He's going to test through the roof and he made a great number of plays a year ago that statistics won't give him justice for. As a player, he's not a Top 3-5 value but his upside is immense. I think he belongs more in the 6-10 range, as 3-5 would be a reach even with upside considered.

Comment

Obviously this guy has the physical tools to suceed, but how is his technique? How much work does he have to do to be successfull in the NFL?

Comment

Guys like Shurron Pierson, Isaac Hilton and Lawrence Sidbury do that crap all the time (outside of the arm length, basically).

I think JPP looks like a more awkward Simeon Rice with a better ability to knock down passes. But I'm concerned about his lankiness--he isn't as mobile in short areas (laterally, anyway) as his athleticism would lead people to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by eagles6606 View Post
                    Obviously this guy has the physical tools to suceed, but how is his technique? How much work does he have to do to be successfull in the NFL?
                    A good amount, but less than people will have you believe. Unlike Carlos Dunlap, JPP's athleticism, length and physical skill-set really show on the field. Technically he'll need a few more pass-rushing moves and must work on anchoring/holding the edge against the run. He's very aggressive so he's going to have to work at the finer points of football so that he doesn't become a target to be baited inside to overrun plays. He needs to improve his physicality at the point of attack and should improve his hand use. Still, his natural talent & extraordinary physical tools are evident in his game so he's already got more down than some similar prospects.

Comment

If the Buccaneers pass on Eric Berry for this mental midget, Raheem better watch his back...and by back, I mean his reputation, which I will be slandering on message boards for years to come.
                      Last edited by George Lippard; 02-20-2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                        A good amount, but less than people will have you believe. Unlike Carlos Dunlap, JPP's athleticism, length and physical skill-set really show on the field. Technically he'll need a few more pass-rushing moves and must work on anchoring/holding the edge against the run. He's very aggressive so he's going to have to work at the finer points of football so that he doesn't become a target to be baited inside to overrun plays. He needs to improve his physicality at the point of attack and should improve his hand use. Still, his natural talent & extraordinary physical tools are evident in his game so he's already got more down than some similar prospects.
                        So basically he still has a lot to learn. Obviously he has the ability to be a great player, but I still wouldn't take him #3 overall. It seems like the Bucs would be better off going with a more NFL ready prospect like Berry, D.Bryant, or Derrick Morgan. The Bucs can't gamble, they need to hit on this pick.

Comment

Originally posted by George Lippard View Post
                          If the Buccaneers pass on Eric Berry for this mental midget, Raheem better watch his back...and by back, I mean his reputation, which I will be slandering on message boards for years to come.
                          by back you mean his buttocks?
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                            by back you mean his buttocks?
                            yep, and by slander I mean spank.

Comment

I don't wanna draft a "project" with the third pick in the draft. If we want a DE we should go with Derrick Morgan, or Brandon Graham.
                              Last edited by V.I.P; 02-21-2010, 12:21 AM.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information