Possible Kansas City trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Kansas City trade

I heard on the radio tade from Mel Kiper himself that he heard that if Jimmy Clausen is their for KC at number 5 that KC would trade Cassel to Denver for a 2nd and draft Clausen.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Would you do it BOE? I like it. Not sure about the cap implications (well, there isn't a cap so what the hell happens?).

Comment

well Kiper actually said he heard some people mention something of that nature. Cassel was a Pioli guy but Weis and Haley's offensive styles fit more of a Clausen type Qb
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I would think this move for Denver would be dumb. They have other needs besides QB, Orton had a relatively decent season. McDaniels needs to move on and build the team up rather than focus on getting his guy (for the second year in a row)

Originally posted by BeansDooma
        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Wait is this a joke? I only ask because of your comments in the other possible trade thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
            I heard on the radio tade from Mel Kiper himself that he heard that if Jimmy Clausen is their for KC at number 5 that KC would trade Cassel to Denver for a 2nd and draft Clausen.
            This actually makes a lot of sense. The Chiefs get back their second rounder from last year and Charlie Weis gets his QB. McDaniels gets Cassell and Orton gets screwed.

Think this all might be a joke though.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              They better pray that St. Louis takes Bradford.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

No, actually its not a joke. I texted a few different people I know this morning about this. Mel Kiper was on with John Staschauer (sp.). It was something that Mel said along the lines that "i heard one rumor that probably wont happen, but i heard it.." then went on about the rumor

Comment

I don't see it and I'd be shocked if it happened.

It would basically be a lateral move for the Chiefs and they'd be trading an established quarterback for an unproven one. Not to mention that after paying Cassel a bunch of up-front money last year they'd have to give Clausen $30 million guaranteed. It would be taking a loss on their investment in every way. Chalk this one up to the rumor mill.
                  Scott Wright, President
                  Draft Countdown.com
                  www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                  www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

They'd just charge double for Clausen jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                      I don't see it and I'd be shocked if it happened.

It would basically be a lateral move for the Chiefs and they'd be trading an established quarterback for an unproven one. Not to mention that after paying Cassel a bunch of up-front money last year they'd have to give Clausen $30 million guaranteed. It would be taking a loss on their investment in every way.
                      Yea, Mel stated it would not make sense on so many levels. but this was in midst of how talk can get crazy before the draft and you really cannot listen to everything you hear, and that was an example of that.

Comment

C'mon Bored, its Mel Kiper for goodness sakes.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Well if Charlie Weiss really wants his boy Clausen.......

Comment

I'd be fine with this, mostly because I don't see Cassel ever becoming more than a fringe starter.

Comment

A trade like that happening within ones own division? Probably not going to happen. Orton is better than Cassel anyway.
                              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information