JPP the #1 DE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPP the #1 DE?

During the season this guy had a third round grade at best. Now all of a sudden his stock is rising like crazy. From top 10 to top 3.

I have two questions:

1. What makes him better than guys like Derrick Morgan, and Brandon Graham?

2. What are you basing this on production or potential?
    Last edited by V.I.P; 02-22-2010, 01:40 PM.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Another JPP thread?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

he reminds me of gaines adams. and i couldn't understand why he went so high either.

Comment

1. What makes him better than guys like Derrick Morgan, and Brandon Graham?
        He will perform better at the combine and his game film is very good.

2. What you basing this on production or potential?
        Combination of both. His stats arent eye opening, but his game film is. He gets to the QB and is also solid against the run. Hes been playing football for only 5 years and can only get better.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by superman View Post
          he reminds me of gaines adams. and i couldn't understand why he went so high either.
          My exact thoughts....

R.I.P Gaines Adams

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

when i saw this thread i thought you meant #1 to Detroit

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post

Combination of both. His stats arent eye opening, but his game film is. He gets to the QB and is also solid against the run. Hes been playing football for only 5 years and can only get better.
              His game film is far worse than Graham's and Morgan's. It's not close really. JPP played better on film than his stats would have you believe, but let's get real, he certainly didn't play at an All-American level like the other DEs in this class. He gets into the Top 10, Top 5 conversation because of his unbelievable physical tools and his upside. He was a good player on the field, very disruptive at times, but his game film isn't close to some other DEs in this class. He'll need to put in major work at the next level to achieve his potential, but he possesses a very premium frame and athletic ability as a pass-rusher.

I'm not going to say he can only get better, because he is a risky pick, there's a chance he won't improve much and then he'll be known as the next Top 10 DE bust. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but as long as there is a passion there for the game of football, and a strong work-ethic you could be looking at a future Pro-Bowler. The sky is the limit, but he's not even close yet...

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

when i saw this thread i thought you meant #1 to Detroit
                St. Louis? (10 char.)

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                  St. Louis? (10 char.)
                  yeah idk where my mind went. still in last year mode.

Comment

Possibly because De -> Detroit

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post

His game film isn't that good. I think you're overrating him, like most.

Comment

let's say he runs a 4.6 at the combine/pro day, which is very good for his size but not the freak status everybody is talking about. does top 5 talk stop?

Comment

let's say he runs a 4.6 at the combine/pro day, which is very good for his size but not the freak status everybody is talking about. does top 5 talk stop?
                          Probably not, the length he possesses is probably his freakiest trait projecting to the next level. He just has rare length and ability for a pass-rusher, so if he runs a 4.6 I'd imagine Top 3-5 talk will persist. I don't know that there's any way I'd consider him a Top 5 value though, and he deserves to be selected between 6th and 10th Overall.

Comment

i didn't watch usf this year so i didn't see if he was double teamed. but didn't playing opposite of selvie make him look better than he is?

Comment

i didn't watch usf this year so i didn't see if he was double teamed. but didn't playing opposite of selvie make him look better than he is?
                              Not really, he garnished just as much if not more attention than Selvie in 2009. George Selvie really isn't that good. He didn't battle many double teams, but it's a great inconvenience to double team ends in college because of the spread offense that doesn't typically feature blocking TEs or pass-blocking RBs. His statistics, if anything, don't give him all the credit he deserves. He was USF's impact defender.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information