Would Lions pass on...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Lions pass on...

Either DT prospect to take an OT. Stafford was getting hit way to much and I really dont see any value at the top of round 2. I see Okung-Davis-Bulaga-Williams-Campbell-Brown all being taken in round 1.

Would they take either Davis or Okung to help protect their franchise? I realize that D-Line and CB are their other major needs. You factor in the bust rate for top DT's and that there is better DT value in round 2,3 than there are OT's in my opinion. Add the rumours of Dorsey coming in trade who would probably cost a 3rd and conditional 2011 pick. I do see them going hard after Vanden-Bosch in FA.

Discuss...
    Patriots Draft 2015
    1. CB - Marcus Peters
    2. WR - Sammie Coates
    3. RB - David Johnson
    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
    4. OG - Tre Jackson
    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
    5. LB - Ben Heeney
    6. TE - Wes Saxton
    7. OG - Jose Matais

Not a chance

Comment

nope, I might see them trading up to take 1 late first if someone decent falls though

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

They passed on Michael Oher last year so yeah i doubt they take an OT.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Absolutely not. Their DT need is probably bigger than LT and they get WAY better value if they go with Suh or McCoy.

Comment

No, but I'd like to see Okung on DET.

Comment

If Anthony Davis impresses them alot I could see them taking him. I dont see Okung going that early. They should just take w/e DT they can get

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

no way. backus is viewed by the coaching staff as a pro bowl caliber player.
                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I can see Detroit passing on all of those guys for Dez Bryant. ****, sorry, forgot Millen was gone...

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                    no way. backus is viewed by the coaching staff as a pro bowl caliber player.
                    Haha....oh Detroit.....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                      I can see Detroit passing on all of those guys for Dez Bryant. ****, sorry, forgot Millen was gone...
                      Still... The problem may not be Millen, but the Detroit Lions organization has a fetish for WRs at #2.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                        Still... The problem may not be Millen, but the Detroit Lions organization has a fetish for WRs at #2.
                        No, the problem definitely was Millen.

Comment

When you're picking in the top 5, unless you've got a franchise QB already, a good rule of thumb is to take the BPA. Reaching that high for a player usually ends badly.

With the money being paid to those top 5 players along with the expectation that said player should develop into one of the best at his position in the NFL, I gotta take the guy who deserves to be selected, not the position I need filled, per se.

IMO the top 6 prospects in any draft are fluid, and most teams 'reach' for players and don't always go for the BPA. The best example of this is the QB position; rarely are the guys selected in the top 10 at QB the best players overall in the draft regardless of position.

OTackle is almost becoming like the QB position in that guys who seem like potential starters with a decent upside and athleticism are overdrafted in the top 10.

Comment

The Lions organization showed last year that their draft gameplan is going BPA and not filling needs per say. I don't think any OT will be higher on the big boards than one of the DTs.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Schwartzy's DEF needs that Haynesworth-esque difference maker on the DL to thrive. He'd be a fool to pass that up, and I don't think of the man as a fool.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information