DT Lamarr Houston Texas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Lamarr Houston Texas

I know there is a lot of interest in this guy so for those that havent seen him, check out the video. It starts a bit slow but then you can see him dominate vs Neb and Alabama. If the Bucs miss out on Suh/McCoy, this is the guy I want at 2b.
    save Freeman

Who knew the Big 12 was stocked with 3 potential 1st rounders at DT??

Solid.

Comment

im definitely more impressed with houston than i ever was with okam or miller
      E]

Comment

I don't think he's a 1st round prospect, unless he just tears up the combine, but Texas has been known to produce some good D-line prospects and Houston has been producing for a while now.

You get alot of versatility with him as he's very experienced playing DE and DT, and if you have a creative DC you can do alot with him. He projects as a very good 3-4 End to me honestly but I could see him as a 3 technique also.

He's explosive, very good against the run, I just think in a 3-4 he provides you with some pass rushing ability in your 3-4 End you don't get that often which would be an added bonus. He'll make some team happy though, especially if he breaks a 5.0 40 like I think he can.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

If we don't get a DT in the first i'd love to pick Houston up with our 2nd second round pick. We'd have the two Texas boys starting at DT for the next decade.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Ziggy Hood 2.0

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but Sergio Kindle was beastin' through Houston's entire clip it seems. Maybe I'm not so against him playing 4-3 DE after all... :D

I like Houston a lot too. Like most of ya'll, I don't see him as a 1st RD'er, but he's much more than a consolation prize after possibly missing out on Suh or McCoy. He's got the physical tools (6'3, 300+, 33-inch reach), and the production to match. He's a 2nd RD caliber UT, but this DT class is just so ridiculous that he and other stud DT's could fall to the 3rd or even 4th RD.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Late 2-Early three
                Patriots Draft 2015
                1. CB - Marcus Peters
                2. WR - Sammie Coates
                3. RB - David Johnson
                3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                4. OG - Tre Jackson
                4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                5. LB - Ben Heeney
                6. TE - Wes Saxton
                7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

I see him as a first round talent and have mocked him at the end of round one for a while now even though I'm not very confident in that projection.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                    Not to hijack the thread, but Sergio Kindle was beastin' through Houston's entire clip it seems. Maybe I'm not so against him playing 4-3 DE after all... :D

I like Houston a lot too. Like most of ya'll, I don't see him as a 1st RD'er, but he's much more than a consolation prize after possibly missing out on Suh or McCoy. He's got the physical tools (6'3, 300+, 33-inch reach), and the production to match. He's a 2nd RD caliber UT, but this DT class is just so ridiculous that he and other stud DT's could fall to the 3rd or even 4th RD.

in case you havent seen this
                    save Freeman

Comment

Bunting recently tore Houston. Saying he did nothing in the A&M game against NFL talent and also showed nothing at the senior bowl. I think there is some serious board overrating going on in here. I tend to agree with Bunting also because he just doesn't have the NFL build...he looks like he is out of position...the only spot he even looks like he could play to me is a 5-tech and he doesn't have the height most teams covet to do that. I just don't see him translating to the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post

Quality DTs usually don't fall past the 2nd round. DTs are either top 40-ish picks, or guys who plummet. Seems to be the way of things.

If Houston interviews/works out well, I could definitely see him being a top 40 guy and a real option for the teams in the late 1st round. Indi, NO, Minnesota, SD could all use help on the D-line.
                        My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                          Bunting recently tore Houston. Saying he did nothing in the A&M game against NFL talent and also showed nothing at the senior bowl. I think there is some serious board overrating going on in here. I tend to agree with Bunting also because he just doesn't have the NFL build...he looks like he is out of position...the only spot he even looks like he could play to me is a 5-tech and he doesn't have the height most teams covet to do that. I just don't see him translating to the NFL.
                          He played very well against NFL talent vs Alabama in the Championship game. Just eye balling it in the Championship game, Houston didn't look to be 6'3 300 pounds. He looked a little smaller than that.

Comment

He's solid...Basically a slight notch below Mike Neal on my just made up scale. Agreed with whoever thinks Indy would like him...

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                              Houston played very well vs. Neb/Bama and they had more NFL talent than A&M. Lamarr is a little undersized but he's stout against the run and has the quickness to be an effective pass rusher from the middle. I think he's better suited as a 3-4 DE.

I'm a Longhorn and I really don't think he's a first rounder, but I think he'll suprise a lot of people. I think he'll go mid-2nd.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information