Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimmy Clausen - Why Do Some Think he Isn't Going to Be Great?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Clausen - Why Do Some Think he Isn't Going to Be Great?

There seems to be mixed reports on him.

i think he can be great, i thought and still think quinn can too....i feel sorry for him that the browns ruined his career so far.

i think hes clearly the top QB and will have a good career, bradford is nothing as far as a pro prospect compared to clausen. bradfor equals alex smith,who did go #1 but if people learned anything from smith its that hes not a great QB. they are the same size, they have the same skill set, they played in similar systems, they both have shoulder issues.

clausen is more like cutler, not quite the arm strength but definitely not the product of a system he can just sling the ball
    E]

Comment

I'm having mixed opinions on this first post. What's your opinion on Clausen?
      aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Because he rubs people the wrong way.

In reality he's an excellent pro prospect with no glaring flaws and could very well be a franchise QB worthy of a top pick.

He just seems like and apparently is somewhat of a douchebag. Plus some people see the Notre Dame record and think that had anything to do with him when really he had a fantastic season and the defense was atrocious.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

he did mature alot his junior year, he went from the little prick that said he was going to ND and being inducted into the NCAA hall of fame to a guy that goes around and thanks his oline for good blocking on a TD pass....he was a vocal leader and you can tell he grew up alot and really had a fantastic season.
          E]

Comment

Clausen has all of the arm talent in the world, but leadership is a separate issue. He could end up as a guy who has good fantasy numbers for a middling team.
            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
              He just seems like and apparently is somewhat of a douchebag.
              Why is this? Is it because he's blonde? Or that he's from California?
              Last edited by hawkeye123; 02-23-2010, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                because everyone from cali is an asshole.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                  Aaron Rodgers would like to have a word with you.

Comment

I don't think Clausen is going to be bad, I just don't think he's going to be great. He has no glaring flaws, but he has no outstanding strengths. Just my opinion, that's all. Fortunately for you, my opinion actually has little to no relevance to Clausen's draft stock or pro career.

Unless he happens to stumble upon this forum, read this post, and realize his entire life is a lie. Then he'll break down sobbing, useless for the NFL.

I don't think that's likely - he sounds more like the the type of guy to get some friends to track down my address and break my legs. I'll keep you guys informed if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                      that's just jealousy right there.

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                        Aaron Rodgers would like to have a word with you.
                        Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                        ive never been to cali, but i have like 3 friends from there, and they say EVERYONE is an asshole in cali. maybe its just that they are assholes compared to minnesotans. either way, if you are from cali, my first impression is asshole.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                          so very true.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                            He gives off that vibe to people. For example:

On April 22, 2006, Clausen verbally committed to the University of Notre Dame.[14] He was the most highly touted recruit for the Fighting Irish since the arrival of Ron Powlus in 1993.[15] Clausen announced his oral commitment at the College Football Hall of Fame in South Bend, Indiana, after arriving in a stretch Hummer limousine. He also said his goal was to win multiple national titles with the Irish.[16]
                            Originally posted by MiWolves View Post
                            He didn't have a high enough winning percentage despite the fact that he probably had arguably one of the most talented rosters around him.
                            He lead a lot of game winning drives that were neutralized by poor defensive efforts though. It wasn't Clausen losing games.
                            Last edited by descendency; 02-23-2010, 01:26 AM.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

He didn't have a high enough winning percentage despite the fact that he probably had arguably one of the most talented rosters around him.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information