Mike Mayock has Earl Thomas over Eric Berry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Mayock has Earl Thomas over Eric Berry

Check out his rankings at NFL.com. Is this guy crazy? First, he says McCoy is better than Suh, and now this?

He goes for the wow factor more often than not
    E]

Comment

He was also one of the only people that said he wouldn't draft RUN DMC with a top 20 pick... he's looking right on that one. Its Mike Mayock rankings not yours. He likes Thomas and McCoy... you like Suh and Berry... thats what makes drafts so much fun.

Comment

He also said Matt Leinart was a 2nd round pick, and he called the Heyward Bey failure before anyone else.

Comment

Mayock, like most people, gets nervous when everyone jumps on a bandwagon. Unconventional, not absurd.
          I want a sig.

Comment

He had Ayers number 3 overall alst year
            Originally posted by njx9
            i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

You could justify that if you're looking at them strictly as SS's, not DBs in general.

and Mike Mayock is the best mainstream talent evaluator...he missed badly on Moreno so far though.

Comment

There's no rational argument to place Thomas over Berry, and I say that thinking Earl Thomas has pro-bowl ability at free, but still Berry at this point brings so much more to the table than Thomas; namely his relative superior size and physicality against the run.

Mayock is trying to get people talking about Mayock, thereby promoting his brand and getting his name in front of the other well known media draftniks.

Mayock is no dummy, but he is cynical and premeditated about furthering his bottom line...more dollar bills yall in the Mayock bank account!!

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                  He had Ayers number 3 overall alst year
                  This was pure idiocy, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                    There's no rational argument to place Thomas over Berry, and I say that thinking Earl Thomas has pro-bowl ability at free, but still Berry at this point brings so much more to the table than Thomas; namely his relative superior size and physicality against the run.

Mayock is trying to get people talking about Mayock, thereby promoting his brand and getting his name in front of the other well known media draftniks.

Mayock is no dummy, but he is cynical and premeditated about furthering his bottom line...more dollar bills yall in the Mayock bank account!!
                    berry's superior size?

Comment

Originally posted by superman View Post
                      berry's superior size?
                      yeah i was wondering about that too, they are both fit to play FS or CB and they both excel in coverage but they are pretty much the same size. berry is more physical against the run but thats not because of his size
                      E]

Comment

to be fair this isn't out of nowhere, he's been hinting at it for a while. I expect berry to be back ahead of Thomas, but he was very very high on Thomas every time he spoke of him and seemed to think more of him with every ranking.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                          He was also one of the only people that said he wouldn't draft RUN DMC with a top 20 pick... he's looking right on that one. Its Mike Mayock rankings not yours. He likes Thomas and McCoy... you like Suh and Berry... thats what makes drafts so much fun.
                          I was one of those "only" ;)

I also have McCoy over Suh.

But THOMAS OVER BERRY!?!?! Madness...

Originally posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
                          He also said Matt Leinart was a 2nd round pick, and he called the Heyward Bey failure before anyone else.
                          Not true....myself and many others were on that bandwagon probably before Mayock even saw film on DHB.

Enough tooting my horn for now...

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

Bingo. The whole post, but the bolded especially. Thomas is very explosive and has great upside once he fills out. Still, Berry is better in every aspect and it's not even close. "There's no rational argument to place Thomas over Berry"...I wouldn't have said it any other way.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

maybe he just hasn't gotten to berry's tape yet.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

i would just like to say i had mcfadden as the 5th best RB that year because of his chicken legs (although he did have the best arm of all the RBs) and never really thought DHB would sniff the first round....al davis doesnt disappoint though lol

thomas may very well be better than berry one day, but like he said above its not rational to have him there now
                              E]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information