Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colt McCoy not throwing at the combine...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt McCoy not throwing at the combine...

Per Mortensen.

This is based on advice from Dr. Andrews about his shoulder....discuss.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Well hopefully his medical examination doesn't bury him and he's healthy enough to throw at his Pro Day. As long as his shoulder isn't a major red flag I think a team is going to view McCoy as a potential starter down the road.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
    - For daily NFL draft coverage:
    www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

If it helps him get more time to heal up then its a good move. He would be stupid to throw if the arm isn't 100%. It would validate peoples questions about his arm.

Tebow isn't throwing either because he isn't ready mechanically. Its better to wait and get fully ready. Plus they get the benefit of throwing with their receivers at their pro day.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Is any quarterback going to be throwing at the Combine?

Comment

how long until the combine is no longer an event because all meaningful prospects will rely solely on pro day performance which they can perfectly orchestrate?

Really this is getting old. The NFL should just make participation to the combine mandatory. No combine, no draft unless a doctor on NFL payroll gives it a negative reading. Enough with this "my pinky finger is kinda sore, so I can't be bothered to show teams why they should pay me millions of dollars"-BS.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

so who is throwing then at the combine?

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by Lions WMD
            None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.

Comment

pretty sure jarrett brown is
              E]

Comment

Very rarely does a top QB prospect throw at the combine anyway. This year is no different, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                  Very rarely does a top QB prospect throw at the combine anyway. This year is no different, IMO.
                  I can't remember the last time the top FIVE QBs didn't throw at the combine. At least McCoy, Clausen, and Bradford have injury excuses. LeFevour is just making a mistake and Tebow is just too busy trying to fix the throwing motion he should have been improving for the past two years.

All the QBs that actually are throwing have a great opportunity to separate themselves, particularly Tony Pike and Jevan Snead. I could see one of them firmly taking hold of the number 3 QB spot but I could also see it being like 2007 where there was a lump of 4 guys after the top two that never took hold of the reins and there is a run of QBs in the second.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I hate that non of the QB's are throwing.

If you think you're that good, grow some balls and throw.

Comment

Jonathan Crompton will seize this opportunity to shine and become the greatest QB of all time!

lulz
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

It seems like every day another QB decides not to throw at the combine. At the rate this is going, they're going to have the trainers throw to the WRs during the drills.

Comment

I never really know how to trust this whole "his ______ won't be healed, he can't throw". I think that largely agents just look for semi-legitimate (or even just legitimate sounding) reasons to keep their clients cloistered from challenging scenarios during the draft process.

Maybe Colt's shoulder really needs that extra time. Maybe not. I do think, though, that he could have made himself some money at the combine if he could have displayed better intermediate and long accuracy, and that doing so there would have boosted his stock more than doing it at his pro day would.

Comment

snead is going to look really good at the combine then. you could just tell watching the college skills comp his throw had a lot more zip on them than the other qb's there

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              I never really know how to trust this whole "his ______ won't be healed, he can't throw". I think that largely agents just look for semi-legitimate (or even just legitimate sounding) reasons to keep their clients cloistered from challenging scenarios during the draft process.

Maybe Colt's shoulder really needs that extra time. Maybe not. I do think, though, that he could have made himself some money at the combine if he could have displayed better intermediate and long accuracy, and that doing so there would have boosted his stock more than doing it at his pro day would.
                              Agree with this. He should be ready to go by now, not a major shoulder injury. Just a burner right? Those take a couple weeks to heal, tops.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information