Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CJ Spiller or Dez Bryant...if you had to take one, who and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ Spiller or Dez Bryant...if you had to take one, who and why?

I've been reading so much fluff about Spiller and Bryant that my head is spinning. If you were a GM and you needed a RB AND WR but could only choose one, which one do you choose? Which one is the more dynamic player and would contribute more to your team in the future?

Spiller sounds like a Felix Jones type to me, while Dez is starting to sound more and more like a Brandon Marshall.

Give me Bryant. He's more of a BA and will be his QBs best friend...I'm happy that a few are starting to pick up on the fact that he's a top 5 player in this draft...arguably top 3.

Comment

CJ Spiller IMO pays off earlier dividends for a team and is a major contributor as a rookie.

Sometimes even the most physically gifted WRs take a couple of years to adjust to the pro game.

But if my team lacks a true #1 WR, then obviously I go with Dez Bryant.

If my team is basically set at WR and needs another playmaker on offense, I go with CJ.

Comment

It kind of depends on the team, but I'd take Bryant 9 times out of 10.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

After seeing what Chris Johnson did to the Titans, I would go with CJ.

Edit: not trying to say CJ will be nearly as good as the Chris Johnson, but there is definite potential to be a 1500+ yard rusher.

Comment

I'd honestly take Spiller.

More explosive threat, and a better value because he can potentially play three positions: returner, receiver, and back.

At his best, Spiller has the potential to be the next Marshall Faulk. At his best, Dez Bryant will be the next Chad Ochocinco. Who would you rather have?

Comment

DEZ BRYANT.
              i absolutely love him as a prospect. Big,strong, yards after catch, good hands, runs decent routes. For me he is a Top10 pick right now. If he can run 4.3X at the combine he will become a Top 5 prospect in my book

CJ Spiller
              How much hype would he have if Chris Johnson didn't have that year in 09. Don't get me wrong, i really like him as a propect, but more of a Top 15-20pick.
              To be a Top 10 RB (everydown back) you have to block very good in my books. A part of Spillers game which need a lot of work. Another part is the durability problem. A RB with that kind of speed will mostly get hit pretty hart (or run by them like CJ2K;) )

For the Bucs i take Dez Bryant over CJ Spiller everday in the week and twice on Sunday.
              But when you have a team which is pretty mich set up on offense, which can allow Spiller to touch the Ball only 12-16 times a game. He should be the pick.

Comment

Bryant easily... he's a legit top 5 pick and possesses everything you look for in a #1 WR.

Spiller has a ton of question marks, and is more of a mid-late 1st rounder to me.

Comment

Give me Spiller. I think he's polished and will contribute right away. Receivers take some time to develop, and though I like Bryant as a top 10 talent I do have some questions about him....more so than Spiller at this point.

Comment

cj spiller is fast. dez bryant is slow.

Spiller and it's not close.
                    my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Dez Bryant, no question. It's much harder to find a good WR than it is to find a good RB.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post

DHB ist fast, Crabtree is slow :)
                        just kidding ;)

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJoe View Post
                          DHB ist fast, Crabtree is slow :)
                          just kidding ;)
                          that's a fair point

I probably wouldn't have drafted Crabtree either... call me a cynic but I want wide receivers to run fast.

by the way CJ Spiller has 30 career TD, Bryant has 27... and they were big gainers - Spiller has more TD of 50 yards or more than any1 in NCAA history.
                          my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post

You're very adamant about this, aren't you? Watch Dez Bryant bit...get enlightened...He's the best offensive skill position player in this draft, and it's really not close.

Spiller's a close second because of his speed.

Comment

Give me CJ Spiller. He's Chris Johnson without dreads
                              GO RAVENS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information