Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCClain = Maualuga

Here is a shocker

Alabama ILB Rolando McClain is reportedly not even in the top 32 on some teams' draft boards.

McClain's speed and agility testing will be key because it's believed he may not run better than 4.7 in the forty. 4-3 teams want middle linebackers to have sideline-to-sideline range. McClain may be billed strictly as a 3-4 inside 'backer if he doesn't excel in movement drills over the weekend.

per rotoworld
    Patriots Draft 2015
    1. CB - Marcus Peters
    2. WR - Sammie Coates
    3. RB - David Johnson
    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
    4. OG - Tre Jackson
    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
    5. LB - Ben Heeney
    6. TE - Wes Saxton
    7. OG - Jose Matais

Tatupu ran a 4.8 at the combine right? I don't see why mcclain running in the 4.7's should hurt him.

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
    too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

McClain is faster than Maualuga with much better intangibles.
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
        McClain is faster than Maualuga with much better intangibles.
        Agree.
        And even it was an exact comparison, its not a bad thing.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

That's so much crap.

McClain will be the 1st LB drafted, may not make it out of the top 10, more likely top 5.

Source: Any mock drafts by anyone who watched McClain last yr.

Comment

i've been on the McClain is going to fall further than people think bandwagon but at this point i cant see him falling past 15.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't know why you would pay a 3-4 ILB, or a 4-3 MLB that kind of money, when you can get more or less the same prospect(Brandon SPikes) in the late first or second. Unless the LB is an elite,once every 10 year type of guy, I would trade down to get him.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
              like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

That's ok. He can fall all the way to 18 and the Steelers will snatch him up and he'll be another long time starter for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Comment

It's really no surprise to me that McClain doesn't have a first round grade from some teams. All of this stuff is really scheme specific. I mean, McClain was a great player in college, with great intangibles, and he should do well if he lands in the right spot in the NFL; but at the same time if you run a Tampa 2 style defense, where are you going to put him? Plus, he plays in a position with relatively low position value.

Anyway, I'm betting this isn't so much news, since excepting the very elite prospects, most first round guys probably don't have a top 32 grade from somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by RWills View Post
                    Here is a shocker

Alabama ILB Rolando McClain is reportedly not even in the top 32 on some teams' draft boards.

McClain's speed and agility testing will be key because it's believed he may not run better than 4.7 in the forty. 4-3 teams want middle linebackers to have sideline-to-sideline range. McClain may be billed strictly as a 3-4 inside 'backer if he doesn't excel in movement drills over the weekend.

per rotoworld
                    When I watched Mcclain, I thought he had great sideline-to-sideline range. Look back at that Florida game and watch Mcclain tackle a trackstar on the sideline. This guy is going to be a stud in the NFL and won't drop out of the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                      I don't know why you would pay a 3-4 ILB, or a 4-3 MLB that kind of money, when you can get more or less the same prospect(Brandon SPikes) in the late first or second. Unless the LB is an elite,once every 10 year type of guy, I would trade down to get him.
                      Less, in my opinion, and it's not close.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Wrong thread oops

Comment

If we're talking about falling in the draft, I think Spikes could suffer the same fate as Maualuga.

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
                            It's really no surprise to me that McClain doesn't have a first round grade from some teams. All of this stuff is really scheme specific. I mean, McClain was a great player in college, with great intangibles, and he should do well if he lands in the right spot in the NFL; but at the same time if you run a Tampa 2 style defense, where are you going to put him? Plus, he plays in a position with relatively low position value.

Anyway, I'm betting this isn't so much news, since excepting the very elite prospects, most first round guys probably don't have a top 32 grade from somebody.
                            I actually think he could play a Tampa 2 MLB. To me he has the size and speed.

Comment

I would be shocked if he looks agile in drills and runs a good 40. 4.8 are my expectations.
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                              Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                              I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                              Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                              iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                              Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                              I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                              Originally posted by GoRavens
                              Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information