Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Way Raiders Don't Draft Bruce Campbell?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all know the Raiders love workout warriors, and I myself think Bruce Campbell would be the ideal pick. But what about Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma? He ran a 4.88 40 (still very very fast for a tackle), had the highest vertical out of any lineman, and was way more of a consistent player in college than Campbell.
    Raiders select Trent Williams? What do you think?
    GO RAVENS

Comment

this is one of those situations where everyone believes the Raiders take a tackle when the Raiders have shown no indications they are looking at tackles. They might need a defensive end worse.
      my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Russell was personally responsible for half the sacks- you look at Gradkowski vs Russells sacks and they threw about the same and Gradkowski was only sack half as much as Russell - with the same OL - actually - Grad had fewer sacks when their best OL Gallery went out for the year

Thats telling

As was mentioned- the coaches are very pleased with Hendersons play- and rightfully so- he rarely gets beat inside and does a nice job kicking his guy far outside- The problem was clear-

Russell hanging onto the ball longer than he should be- which is no secret that he cant read defenses and gets confused under pressure

The Raiders have 3 3rd rd picks and most likley will address the RG and RT position then

I actually see them taking Derrick Morgan or Haden if he's there - They will go defense at #8

And dont be surprised to see Oakland select Toby Gerhart early in rd 2 as Michael Bush is being shopped and several teams have inquired about Bush

Comment

I don't think Al is that far gone, but we'll see soon enough.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            Right, because that had nothing to do with JaMarcus Russell holding onto the ball for-*******-ever.

I'm not going to suggest that Oakland can't do better than Henderson. But I'm far from sold that the coaching staff or front office feels that Henderson is a lost cause.
            Henderson was being completely owned by speed rushers and bull rushers alike.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
            like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by RaidersInYoFace View Post
              And dont be surprised to see Oakland select Toby Gerhart early in rd 2 as Michael Bush is being shopped and several teams have inquired about Bush
              Why? Bush is bigger, faster in game from what I've seen, and he's produced relatively well.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
              like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                Henderson was being completely owned by speed rushers and bull rushers alike.
                Bruce Campbell wasn't exactly good on film either. unless it's Okung or Bulaga, The DE are a better value than the offensive tackles in the top 10.
                my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Why? Bush is bigger, faster in game from what I've seen, and he's produced relatively well.
                  Look for Bush to get traded- He's been singled out by the coaching staff that he half asses it - He also spoke out with is displeasure of playing FB and that rubbed the coaches the wrong way

Fargas is getting old and cant seem to get through 16 games and McFadden cant handle 25 carries a game-

Gerhardt and McFadden would be a very nice combo

Comment

'tis true.

Speaking of the Raiders, they’re shopping every player on the team except tight end Zach Miller and anyone who would be impossible to trade because of their contracts. Running back Michael Bush is the name I hear generating interest.
                    Source: Michael Lombardi, National Football Post

Comment

Al Davis, conscious and regretful of his public image as a madman obsessed with workout numbers rather than on-the-field performance and character, takes Tim Tebow in the 1st round.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                        I think its come down to Campbell, JPP and possibly Bulaga
                        I'm pretty sure Al Davis still has a sour taste in his mouth with regards to OTs from Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald_81 View Post
                          I'm pretty sure Al Davis still has a sour taste in his mouth with regards to OTs from Iowa.
                          then you think he would figure out that the best football player isn't always the best freak athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald_81 View Post
                            The sour taste probably has to be reduced by the fact that Gallery is probably his best offensive lineman right now. He's not an LT or a RT, but he's a darn good LG. Gallery may be a bust because he couldn't play the position he was drafted to play, but he's contributed a lot more to his team than other notable busts who couldn't play in the NFL at all.

That being said, though, Bulaga is a better athlete than Gallery. Gallery was a powerhouse and a technician, but his feet were questionable and that's why he couldn't make it in the NFL as a T. Bulaga has significantly better feet, even though he's not nearly as powerful or as solid technically.

Comment

I was merely highlighting how little things like that (no matter how good of a prospect Bulaga might be) would cloud Al's judgment. It's exactly why he has a propensity for taking workout warriors and would let examples like Robert Gallery prevent him from taking Bulaga.

Comment

It's exactly why he has a propensity for taking workout warriors and would let examples like Robert Gallery prevent him from taking Bulaga.
                                I think Al is a risk taker, he is willing to take the lumps for the chance to prove every one wrong. I don't see him so much as taking workout warriors as it is him taking prospects with the absolute most upside. He seems to overvalue athletic ability and how much it means to this but it's his way of doing things.

He takes that view in all rounds, I personally start looking to potential from the 4th round on as the key attribute. I figure if you are picking in the 4th, you look for a guy who may give you nothing now but has the potential to in the future be a starter. Why take a backup now who will always be a backup(I understand the depth theory, just don't agree with it).

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information