Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Ben Tate Combine Blow-Up Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Official Ben Tate Combine Blow-Up Thread

    Arguably the top performer thus far yet he's somehow getting very little play:

    5'11 220lbs

    T1st Bench Press - 26 reps
    T1st Broad Jump - 10'4"
    2nd Vertical Jump - 40.5"
    3rd 40-yard Dash - 4.43 (official)
    Last edited by metafour; 02-28-2010, 02:39 PM.

  • #2
    looks like the perfect hb on paper. i'd take him as early as the 2nd.

    Comment


    • #3
      10'4" broad jump is confirmed as tied for best with Hardesty.

      3 of the 4 runningbacks who ran faster times were sub-200lbs (Spiller, Best, McKnight)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by superman View Post
        looks like the perfect hb on paper. i'd take him as early as the 2nd.
        I like him or Hardesty for the lions in the 3rd. Although after today both might not make it there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by metafour View Post
          Arguably the top performer thus far yet he's somehow getting very little play:

          5'11 220lbs

          T1st Bench Press - 26 reps
          T1st Broad Jump - 10'4"
          2nd Vertical Jump - 40.5"
          5th 40-yard Dash - 4.45 (unofficial)
          He's getting plenty of play in the Combine results thread.

          big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

          Comment


          • #6
            Was very impressed by Tate whenever I watched Auburn this year. Good to see him put up the workouts to verify that.

            Comment


            • #7
              4.43 official is 3rd fastest. Monster.

              Comment


              • #8
                If some team bites on Pierre Thomas, we should grab him. Hell, if he is there in the 3rd, I'd take him even with our backs.

                Very impressive.
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

                Comment


                • #9
                  just pulled an awesome catch too.
                  I think he shoots up to late round 2/early 3rd
                  GO RAVENS

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                    just pulled an awesome catch too.
                    I think he shoots up to late round 2/early 3rd

                    He sure did, finger tip grab on an overthrown ball.
                    Originally posted by SNIPER26
                    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wow sexy grab

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        40.5 inch vertical? dudes playin the wrong sport!

                        Bonekrusher.

                        Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So what exactly keeps Tate out of the first round discussion? He's a highly productive SEC back with great size and workout numbers.
                          Originally posted by SNIPER26
                          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                            So what exactly keeps Tate out of the first round discussion? He's a highly productive SEC back with great size and workout numbers.
                            Good question.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              One thing is for sure. There will be quality NFL starting RB's available into the 4th round and beyond. With most teams set at the starting RB position, and the overall depth at most positions in this draft (especially on defense), there is sure to be some very good RB's slide. I bet Tate doesn't go until the late 3rd at best. In other year's, he's a 2nd round guy.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information