Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st round Corners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1st round Corners

    He's winning the battle for that #2 corner spot now, seems to have sparked some good discussion in the wrong thread (combine results) just thought he deserved a thread to discuss him.

    Also wondering, if Kyle Wilson comes off the board @ 19 to the Falcons or @ 20 to the Texans, would that spark a run on corners pushing players up into the first round, or are the teams later in the first looking fairly solid, and would the better value lay in the 3rd round for a corner?

    A guy like Perrish Cox doesn't show up on Mayock's board of top corners this year, but to me he's got enough of a blend of playmaking potential to really make a splash in the league.

    Who are some other corners you guys see going in round 1?

  • #2
    Haden is an obvious lock.
    After that there are a ton of guys bunched together in that second tier though Wilson looks to be seperating himelf from the pack. After that you have Donovan Warren, Perrish Cox, Devin McCourty, Kareem Jackson, and Patrick Robinson all with outside shots at sneaking into the first, but the second round is more likely for all of them.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Haden, Wilson, then 1 of the 5 I mentioned all go in the first.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
      Haden is an obvious lock.
      After that there are a ton of guys bunched together in that second tier though Wilson looks to be seperating himelf from the pack. After that you have Donovan Warren, Perrish Cox, Devin McCourty, Kareem Jackson, and Patrick Robinson all with outside shots at sneaking into the first, but the second round is more likely for all of them.
      I wouldn't be surprised to see Haden, Wilson, then 1 of the 5 I mentioned all go in the first.
      Cool thanks for the reply. If you had to guess at which one snuck into the first round who do you think it would be?

      Patrick Robinson has all the physical gifts in the world, but seems like his effort is getting blasted by analysts and never seemed to be much of a playmaker. Reminds me of Chris Houston coming out of Arkansas.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
        Cool thanks for the reply. If you had to guess at which one snuck into the first round who do you think it would be?

        Patrick Robinson has all the physical gifts in the world, but seems like his effort is getting blasted by analysts and never seemed to be much of a playmaker. Reminds me of Chris Houston coming out of Arkansas.
        No problem for the reply!
        Personally, I like Warren the most of that group. But at this point Im getting the vibe that NFL types are liking Cox/McCourty the best.
        So I would say outside of Haden ( a lock), Wilson (most likely), that any of those 5 could sneak in to the first but if I had to bet Id probably say McCourty one, Cox two.

        Watch out for Donovan Warren though. He doesn't get nearly enough love around here, I think hes a first round talent. Hes the #2 or #3 corner in the draft IMO.

        Comment


        • #5
          Joe Haden and Kyle Wilson.

          Comment


          • #6
            Alright, thanks. I know Warren has great size, but from what I saw at Michigan he took too many gambles and gave up too many big plays for my liking. If I'm thinking of the right guy didn't he actually get benched in a game earlier in the season for getting blown by a couple of times?

            I expect him to put up some gaudy triangle numbers while at the combine, maybe someone will fall in love with him as a first rounder, from what I saw he needs a lot of polishing. Maybe someone like the Jets would be a great landing spot for him, giving him leeway to learn the position, and taking advantage of his athleticism.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
              Alright, thanks. I know Warren has great size, but from what I saw at Michigan he took too many gambles and gave up too many big plays for my liking. If I'm thinking of the right guy didn't he actually get benched in a game earlier in the season for getting blown by a couple of times?

              I expect him to put up some gaudy triangle numbers while at the combine, maybe someone will fall in love with him as a first rounder, from what I saw he needs a lot of polishing. Maybe someone like the Jets would be a great landing spot for him, giving him leeway to learn the position, and taking advantage of his athleticism.
              Sure Warren made some blunders early in his career but there was never any question about his talent. And this past season I felt he was a stud. The only knocks on him are how he gambles so much, and he makes some mental errors. He has the size, speed, and the athleticism to be an NFL #1.... not to mention hes a stud against the run, he has underrated ball skills, and hes good in one on one situations alone against a WR.

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't see a run on corners in the first round, even if Wilson goes high (like at 19 to Atlanta). Guys like Robinson and Cox are too inconsistent and Warren isn't really athletic enough (as mainly a cover corner) to warrant being picked in the top 32 when other defensive positions are so strong.

                I think a run on safeties is more likely.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                  I don't see a run on corners in the first round, even if Wilson goes high (like at 19 to Atlanta). Guys like Robinson and Cox are too inconsistent and Warren isn't really athletic enough (as mainly a cover corner) to warrant being picked in the top 32 when other defensive positions are so strong.

                  I think a run on safeties is more likely.
                  Interesting, I only see 3 first round safeties, and honestly I only think 1 belongs in the first round.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
                    He's winning the battle for that #2 corner spot now, seems to have sparked some good discussion in the wrong thread (combine results) just thought he deserved a thread to discuss him.

                    Also wondering, if Kyle Wilson comes off the board @ 19 to the Falcons or @ 20 to the Texans, would that spark a run on corners pushing players up into the first round, or are the teams later in the first looking fairly solid, and would the better value lay in the 3rd round for a corner?

                    A guy like Perrish Cox doesn't show up on Mayock's board of top corners this year, but to me he's got enough of a blend of playmaking potential to really make a splash in the league.

                    Who are some other corners you guys see going in round 1?
                    who is 'he' ?


                    RIP, Sean Taylor.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
                      Interesting, I only see 3 first round safeties, and honestly I only think 1 belongs in the first round.
                      Eric Berry?

                      I think we could see Berry and Thomas go high due to need, which could send Mays and Jones up boards. Whether you call that a run or not is your call, but I think we could very well see twice as many safeties as corners go in the top 32.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                        Sure Warren made some blunders early in his career but there was never any question about his talent. And this past season I felt he was a stud. The only knocks on him are how he gambles so much, and he makes some mental errors. He has the size, speed, and the athleticism to be an NFL #1.... not to mention hes a stud against the run, he has underrated ball skills, and hes good in one on one situations alone against a WR.
                        I still like Warren alot, he was a guy I wanted Dallas to seriously look at with our 1st rounder and still do if he checks out. I think he'd thrive in a man scheme as aggressive as ours is. I still like Wilson more at this point, but those are my top 2 guys after Haden.





                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                          I don't see a run on corners in the first round, even if Wilson goes high (like at 19 to Atlanta). Guys like Robinson and Cox are too inconsistent and Warren isn't really athletic enough (as mainly a cover corner) to warrant being picked in the top 32 when other defensive positions are so strong.

                          I think a run on safeties is more likely.
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                          Eric Berry?

                          I think we could see Berry and Thomas go high due to need, which could send Mays and Jones up boards. Whether you call that a run or not is your call, but I think we could very well see twice as many safeties as corners go in the top 32.
                          I agree on safeties. I think that'll also cause a team to reach on Nate Allen.


                          I've seen Kyle Wilson be compared to Cortland Finnegan. /random
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                          [@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Berry is the only first round quality safety in my opinion. But I'd love to see a run on safeties thatpushes more talent down.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              I still like Warren alot, he was a guy I wanted Dallas to seriously look at with our 1st rounder and still do if he checks out. I think he'd thrive in a man scheme as aggressive as ours is. I still like Wilson more at this point, but those are my top 2 guys after Haden.
                              +1

                              Warren's my favorite CB in this draft that the Jets can get at 29. He'd thrive with D's like the Jets', Cowboys', or Ravens.'

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information