Sean Tayor vs Taylor Mays "Physical Measurbles Only"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Tayor vs Taylor Mays "Physical Measurbles Only"

Before you guys rip into me, I'm comparing these 2 safties from a physical standpoint. We all know Sean Taylor was one of the greatest saftey prospects to enter the draft in sometime, so I'm not comparing the two there. But from a pure "Physical Specimen" standpoint, which of these 2 are the more impressive. R.I.P. Sean Taylor

mays by a lot. i don't think taylor broke a 4.5

Comment

From a measurables standpoint its easily Mays.

Taylor was a 4.5 guy who had like 11 reps at 225 and a 35'' vert.

Mays had an official 4.43 but Jacoby Ford and Trindan Holliday disagree, 24 reps at 225 and a 41'' vert.

Mays is also an inch taller and a pound heavier.

As a propsect though its not even close.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

taylor ran an "official" 4.45.

this thread is fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post

this thread is fail.
          No it didn't!!!

Yes it did.

Comment

I don't know what there is to gain by purely comparing them physically, but Taylor Mays is the bigger, stronger, and faster of the two. As a physical specimen Mays is going to grade out as the most freakish prospect of all time at the Safety position. His 4.43 makes me question every single time the Combine is putting out and it should be known that he has 4.31-4.33 speed.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Sean Taylor was a much more fluid athlete, so I say he had better physical tools. Mays is just more of a combine freak.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Sean Taylor is clearly the better football player, Taylor Mays is more athletic and built, but he's a sissy compared to Taylor with pads on.
                Sean Taylor = G.O.A.T
                GO RAVENS

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  Sean Taylor was a much more fluid athlete, so I say he had better physical tools. Mays is just more of a combine freak.
                  Definitely a more fluid athlete, but I'm not sure that can be listed as a measurable. In terms of triangle numbers you're not going to find a more rare physical specimen than Mays. Saying he's the more physically gifted player is not a stretch by any means and means nothing on the football field. Obviously Taylor was the much more prolific player on the field and really set the gold standard for a Safety prospect.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                    Sean Taylor is clearly the better football player, Taylor Mays is more athletic and built, but he's a sissy compared to Taylor with pads on.
                    Sean Taylor = G.O.A.T
                    This ^.........

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

sean taylor 'legend' is helped by his death... like jimi hendrix... we never got to see him be mediocre. calling him the goat is a pretty big insult to ronnie lott and others. Taylor was great but not even close to goat.
                      my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post

this thread is fail.
                        maybe at a pro day, def not combine

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post
                          sean taylor 'legend' is helped by his death... like jimi hendrix... we never got to see him be mediocre. calling him the goat is a pretty big insult to ronnie lott and others. Taylor was great but not even close to goat.
                          theyre talking about as a prospect, he was mediocre early in his career at times.

Comment

He was a great prospect but for Mays to be a better pro than Taylor it won't be extremely difficult.

As far as measurables, Taylor was an impressive athlete despite benching somewhere between 5-11 (I thought it was something like 5 reps) of 225 which showed little dedication which I think was what kept him from being a great pro.

Comment

landry would probably be a better comparison to mays numbers wise

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information