Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland: Post - "Slow Haden"

Sorry, last thread for a while.

I'm just wondering what you guys think about the Browns right now given Haden's slow 40 times.

If Berry and Spiller are gone, do the Browns still take Haden? Do they take an offensive tackle? Take Pierre-Paul and try him at OLB?

Eric Berry will be a Cleveland Brown on draft day.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
    - For daily NFL draft coverage:
    www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

So you expect Kansas City to go OL?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
        Eric Berry will be a Cleveland Brown on draft day.
        I tend to agree with this.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by Supporting Caste View Post
          If Berry and Spiller are gone, do the Browns still take Haden? Do they take an offensive tackle? Take Pierre-Paul and try him at OLB?
          You think Spiller will be a Top 6 pick?

Comment

The Browns would be fools not to take Haden if Berry is off the board.
            I'm a state.

Comment

What top notch CBs in the NFL are "slow" by NFL standards ... Trying to think of some and I can't think of any ...

Comment

Originally posted by SRogers92 View Post
                What top notch CBs in the NFL are "slow" by NFL standards ... Trying to think of some and I can't think of any ...
                Charles Woodson and Al Harris :P

Comment

C.J. Spiller. (unless berry is there)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Woodson was never slow and Al Harris is FAR from a top CB ... not sure what Woodson's timed speed is now, as I'm sure you're uninformed of that, too ... but -- in his prime, he was one of the faster players ... I'm willing to bet he's still a low 4.5 guy ...

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Holmgren wanted a RT to solidify that line. Obviously the browns have a terrible qb in brady quinn but they won their last 4 games by running the ball. And until they find a perfect WCO QB they will be pounding the rock.

I still think they go D but i wouldn't be surprised if they went OL

Comment

Originally posted by Supporting Caste View Post
                        So you expect Kansas City to go OL?
                        I fully expect Kansas City to go OL right now. If they don't I think it could be a reach for a Front 7 player for their developing 3-4 or perhaps Dez Bryant. No Safety in the Top 5.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by SRogers92 View Post
                          Haden isn't slow, though. He ran a slow 40 time.

Watch the replay of him running it. He stands straight up out of the blocks, which will absolutely kill your time. His issue was technique, not actual speed.

Pop in any tape of him playing in the SEC and you'll see the speed. Meyer regarded him as the third best athlete on the team, behind Harvin and Demps.

Comment

I could easily see them taking Berry 5th overall. Pioli doesn't have a history of it, but we need the best player available, and if Berry is there at 5 it'd be him.

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I've seen him play and heard many FLA fans' criticisms of him being his speed ... Never, ever thought of him as a burner or even a very fast guy ... just a great cover man similar to Marlin Jackson at Michigan a few years ago ... But -- even Marlin timed better then him(granted - faster surface) but struggles in deep coverage and is better suited for a Cover 2 ...

Makes me wonder how Haden would do in a 34 defense where they blitz so much and leave CBs on an island ...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information