Draft surprises

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft surprises

Every year some team takes a guy way before he was expected to go or at a position that most didn't see as a position of need ala Tyson Jackson. There are also sometimes guys who slide ala Aaron Rodgers. If you had to pick one player to go too early and one to go too late who do you think it will be? I expect Cody to go earlier (mid first) than most are thinking and Anthony Davis to fall (late first early second).

Too Early: Bruce Campbell (workout warrior who's tape isn't great)
    Too Late: Derrick Morgan (getting bumped down in mocks without a real reason)

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

Comment

It's an interesting one, I think you will find that certain positions are most likely to fall and be reached on. OL seems to be commonly reached on and MLB tends to commonly fall.

Now it depends on what stock you use but I personally think McClain may end up falling further than people think. I also think that if one of Bradford and Clausen gets past Seattle that they may fall similar to Quinn or Rodgers. Basically QB is one of those spots that if a team isn't 100% sold on a guy they shouldn't and generally wont take them.

As for risers.. I think Earl Thomas is going to go higher than people think. It will depend on Berry going early, Berry could actually end up on the otherside of this, if he falls, every other safety goes with him, but if Berry is top 8, I expect Thomas will come off 2nd and probably top 15. I guess you could say I see Mays falling as a result.

I also expect Brandon Graham to fall. I'm not sure why, just a gut feel. I also expect whoever gets him to get a steal.

I wouldn't be shocked if Spiller goes top 10 also.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Who ever KC drafts at number 5 not named Berry would be a suprise in its own way
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
          It's an interesting one, I think you will find that certain positions are most likely to fall and be reached on. OL seems to be commonly reached on and MLB tends to commonly fall.

Now it depends on what stock you use but I personally think McClain may end up falling further than people think. I also think that if one of Bradford and Clausen gets past Seattle that they may fall similar to Quinn or Rodgers. Basically QB is one of those spots that if a team isn't 100% sold on a guy they shouldn't and generally wont take them.

As for risers.. I think Earl Thomas is going to go higher than people think. It will depend on Berry going early, Berry could actually end up on the otherside of this, if he falls, every other safety goes with him, but if Berry is top 8, I expect Thomas will come off 2nd and probably top 15. I guess you could say I see Mays falling as a result.

I also expect Brandon Graham to fall. I'm not sure why, just a gut feel. I also expect whoever gets him to get a steal.

I was thinking about one of the qbs falling. I figure the Rams and Seahawks were definites too at least consider qb with the Browns, Bills, Jags and Dolphins maybe going that route. I went with Davis just because most mocks have him top ten and there are a ton of first round graded tackles. I figure one has to slide a little bit. Scotts current mock alone has six first round lineman with four tackles and I just think 1 will slide.

Comment

Later than expected - Dez Bryant, Joe Haden

Earlier than expected - Dan Williams, Kyle Wilson

Comment

Currently, Anthony Davis is falling, and I'm not a fan of it. I think he is the 2nd most NFL ready tackle in this class and the one with the biggest potential. Talk about a steal if he slips past #10...

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post

Jacksonville would gobble Bradford or Clausen up in a heatbeat if one of them got to them.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                  Currently, Anthony Davis is falling, and I'm not a fan of it. I think he is the 2nd most NFL ready tackle in this class and the one with the biggest potential. Talk about a steal if he slips past #10...
                  I wouldn't buy into the Davis concerns too much as film is really the best tool for evaluating OL. Andre Smith was being mentioned at this time a year ago falling out of the Top 10 or 15, but still wound up in the Top 6 despite maturity and weight concerns. With the amount of teams that need Tackles in the Top 10 (Washington, Kansas City, Seattle, Oakland, and Buffalo) Davis' unique skill-set and large frame should get him and paid.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                    I wouldn't buy into the Davis concerns too much as film is really the best tool for evaluating OL. Andre Smith was being mentioned at this time a year ago falling out of the Top 10 or 15, but still wound up in the Top 6 despite maturity and weight concerns. With the amount of teams that need Tackles in the Top 10 (Washington, Kansas City, Seattle, Oakland, and Buffalo) Davis' unique skill-set and large frame should get him and paid.
                    Seattle and buffalo could both use qbs among other things. KC has a lot of needs. Oakland will probably take BAA (best athlete available) and I could see washington going OT. So there is definitely a possibility he will go high but there are so many talented tackles who knows which order they will go.

Comment

The Redskins did a 1st & 3rd tender on their underachieving QB Jason Campbell on Wed. to keep him, but will end up taking a QB anyway who will beat him out of the starting job in camp. QB uncertainty follows Shanahan around the NFL, I think it's the law.

Comment

I got a surprise for you, What if....a big IF, Detroit decides to shore up their OL at the left tackle spot and draft Russell Okung to protect Staffords blindside for the next 10 years

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
                        Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

Gronkowski is going to go in the first round.
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                            Unfortunately for Davis his resume doesnt look like Andre Smith's did, at least from what i've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              Unfortunately for Davis his resume doesnt look like Andre Smith's did, at least from what i've seen.
                              Not even close.

I could definitely see Davis falling out of the first, especially with at least one team that's going to love Campbell and T. Williams and Bulaga being such solid prospects.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information